Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specact available for PC

Options
  • 30-11-2010 8:40pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I doubt there's much interest in this, but Specact is avalable for pre-order from EA Store for €4.99. There's talk it'll go live tomorrow when Map Pack 7 also does.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Yup its live, didnt realize I had to pay for it though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

does it actually give you new weapons what? Haven't really looked into it yet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

suppafly wrote: »
    does it actually give you new weapons what? Haven't really looked into it yet

The 4 weapons are just reskins, with the exception of the MG3 which has it's stats changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I saw steam were selling it. 6 euro though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Krieg wrote: »
    I saw steam were selling it. 6 euro though.

I know Steam often has terrible pricing, but the €5.99 price is bizarre given that it's just a flag being added to your EA account, and EA Store are charging €4.99, and you can use various promo codes to lower that further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Spear wrote: »
    I know Steam often has terrible pricing, but the €5.99 price is bizarre given that it's just a flag being added to your EA account, and EA Store are charging €4.99, and you can use various promo codes to lower that further.

Any promo codes to lower it to €0?

TBH thats the only price I'd pay for a couple of re-skinned gun / player models.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I would buy it if you could chose the weapons to skin....most of the others I never use....the odd time I would use the UMP but that is it. Plus the fact you cant use them in the new VIETNAM or can you. Plus playing on the snow maps now dressed in BLACK....hmmmm I think not!!!!! :eek::eek:

And the extra challenges....FOOK THAT....fix the bleedin game 1st there is a challenge....

Nope, you can only use Vietnam guns in BF: BC2 Vietnam.

Can't imagine someone running around in the 60's with a shoulder launched guided missile system now can you??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

money for old rope.

Nope, you can only use Vietnam guns in BF: BC2 Vietnam.

Can't imagine someone running around in the 60's with a shoulder launched guided missile system now can you??

I meant use the camo u noob not the M60 n that ffs.....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I meant use the camo u noob not the M60 n that ffs.....:rolleyes:

lol

You make a UMP skin fit an AK-47 and I'll be VERY impressed! :p

Just to be a hypocrite, I realised I'd a fiver in my paypal account and bought the specact kit upgrade lol

I hate myself :(

Well be aware!!!!

I bought the thing through STEAM and the ****in thing will not work for love nor money. I got the game throught steam and the VIETNAM DLC and PERFECT...not this ****in thing.

Says I have it....says I own it....got the verification email to say I bought it but cannot access it...WTF....piss poor.

Verified the integrity of the BFBC2 folder through STEAM and all fine...still cant use it.

Had to report it to steam and prolly get sorted next year....if they give me the run around I will cancel the DLC and **** them. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well be aware!!!!

I bought the thing through STEAM and the ****in thing will not work for love nor money. I got the game throught steam and the VIETNAM DLC and PERFECT...not this ****in thing.

Says I have it....says I own it....got the verification email to say I bought it but cannot access it...WTF....piss poor.

Verified the integrity of the BFBC2 folder through STEAM and all fine...still cant use it.

Had to report it to steam and prolly get sorted next year....if they give me the run around I will cancel the DLC and **** them. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Check with EA support, they can apply it to appropriate accounts if need be.

Thanx Spear....might have to go down that route. Dublin Gunner has been on the case aswell for me.....but I have a problem with his solution, if that makes sense.

Apparently if I go to library and right click on the BFBC2 icon, select view DOWNLOAD CONTENT and get my code and redeem it in game. EASY!!!!

But when I click on the icon and view download content...its there says its fine blah blah....I DO NOT HAVE A KEY TO REDEEM. It just says STEAM STORE ACQUISiTION and there is no ****ing KEY!!!!

UPDATE:

Found the key under a different section.....so I will try to REDEEM it when I get home this evening....also found a promotion key for BFBC2...is that the one for using the M1 Gerrand when the game was released.....

SORTED...had to enter a new code...I got from STEAM!

Advertisement