Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!!! sick of lousy net

• 30-11-2010 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi, i have clearwire 2mbs(40 euro) and it stinks beyond belief. i think i have a phone line-just not sure if its active, is there a way to check?
    Also, could some recommend a provider, i primarily use it for online gaming via ps3 but also to stream and download occasionally. i mainely some provider thats reliable, decent and does the fair usage like clearwire-as in if i go over-i dont pay extra
    and i know this is midband but-if all else fails-would it be worth switching to wimax from clearewire as they offer basically clearewire except alot better????
    truly thanks for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

and i know this is midband but-if all else fails-would it be worth switching to wimax from clearewire as they offer basically clearewire except alot better????
    truly thanks for any help

Clearwire were bought by Imainge, and Imagine WiMax is not better. Get real broadband, cable, DSL or fixed wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭OutsiderAkuma

and what one would you recommend to someone based in swords, used for gaming mostly... JOR EL.... wouldnt be JOR the writer would it?(graffitti writer)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If you want it for gaming then your at nothing unless you get DSL or cable,

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭OutsiderAkuma

i wanted UPC originally but they dont do broadband in swords, or so they told me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

and what one would you recommend to someone based in swords, used for gaming mostly...

As I said, DSL, cable or fixed wireless. You'll need to find out what's in the area yourself, as it varies.
    JOR EL.... wouldnt be JOR the writer would it?(graffitti writer)

This is a broadband forum, so I've no idea what you're on about now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

UPC do parts of Swords, they upgrade continously so contact them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

JOR EL.... wouldnt be JOR the writer would it?(graffitti writer)

Jor El is Supermans Dad ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Check on the UPC website if the do your area.

Advertisement