Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 Cooking Club Week 48: Pulled Pork

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭oinkely

I made this again at the weekend too. I left off saucing it and served another bbq style sauce on the side instead. Once again, delicious. Two 1KG pork shoulders from Lidl and fed 5 adults and 3 kids with enough left over that i'll be having delicious sangers this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭bren2001

Planning to make this as I've a few people coming up to me after work tomorrow. I've already done the rub.

Am I better off popping it on tonight on low, checking in the morning and then leaving it to its devices while I'm at work?

Or should I just pop it on high in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Far from an expert, but I'd put it on now, on low.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭jt69er

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭scoobydude

I made this last weekend and it was unreal. Had to use loin instead of leg / shoulder, so cooked on low for 8 hrs and was perfect

Also turned it over half way as it wasn't fully submerged in the liquid, and kept about a mug of the cooking liquid when making the sauce at the end as the loin is drier / less fatty than the other cuts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭jt69er

Lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭rameire

Had a strong feeling about some pulled pork. It has been a few years since I did this recipe.

So got a 6.5l slow cooker and a 2.5kg shoulder of pork.

Just put the rub on.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Advertisement