Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no water coming from well

• 30-11-2010 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭

I have no water coming from the well into the house. I've looked at the well and and there are a few exposed pipes coming out of ground into the pump house and back out underground into the house. There is a 2' pressurised tank which appears to be empty, I'm not sure about this but it seems very light (should I be able to hear water swooshing around in this when I shake it?) I've dumped gallons of hot water all over the pipes and used a hair dryer, currently theres a hot water bottle wrapped around some of the pipes. Anyone any ideas on how to thaw out the water, assuming its frozen between well and pumphouse? We had no water for 6 days last Jan and thought the problem was fixed but now its gone for 3 days and looks like it could be gone for a while. Would a plumber be able to help even if it is frozen??? cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭mchammer

webpal wrote: »
    I have no water coming from the well into the house. I've looked at the well and and there are a few exposed pipes coming out of ground into the pump house and back out underground into the house. There is a 2' pressurised tank which appears to be empty, I'm not sure about this but it seems very light (should I be able to hear water swooshing around in this when I shake it?) I've dumped gallons of hot water all over the pipes and used a hair dryer, currently theres a hot water bottle wrapped around some of the pipes. Anyone any ideas on how to thaw out the water, assuming its frozen between well and pumphouse? We had no water for 6 days last Jan and thought the problem was fixed but now its gone for 3 days and looks like it could be gone for a while. Would a plumber be able to help even if it is frozen??? cheers

it sounds like to will need to re-dig the trench from the pumphouse to the well and lag/insulated the pipes properly to prevent a recurrence... is it far from pumphouse to well? how deep is the well? is the well covered/ protected? sounds like your ok from pumphouse to house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭webpal

i actually took the pipes off the pump this morning and it looks like water is coming from the well ok and going into the house. It looks like I have a problem with my pump as its not pumping water out. Should there be water in this as it feels empty, (power is ok as switch light is on)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭webpal

looks like me capacitor is knackered, theres lead oozing out of it. only €25 so lucky its not the pump. god only knows now when i'll be able to get on the road to get a new one.

Advertisement