Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil buner issues

• 30-11-2010 10:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Looking for some help,Have a Riello 90 burner fitted,noticed that it is heating up to temp and switching off,but then it switches on and off about every 3 mins.Have checked the following,control box,thermostat,water pump,all electric connections,checked for leaks,blead the system.The burner is new,this is the 2nd one fitted both have the same issues.

Any ideas will be welcome,as i need to get this fixed as Iam using up serious amounts off oil.The heating system is not pressurised.If that makes a differance,the old pump worked fine until the oil pump went it never ran the same as the Riello.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

so its firing and reaching e.g. 65 degrees then cutting out for a few mins and coming back on again for 3 mins or so?

isn't that how they are supposed to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

Looking for some help,Have a Riello 90 burner fitted,noticed that it is heating up to temp and switching off,but then it switches on and off about every 3 mins.Have checked the following,control box,thermostat,water pump,all electric connections,checked for leaks,blead the system.The burner is new,this is the 2nd one fitted both have the same issues.

Any ideas will be welcome,as i need to get this fixed as Iam using up serious amounts off oil.The heating system is not pressurised.If that makes a differance,the old pump worked fine until the oil pump went it never ran the same as the Riello.

Cheers

I'd agree with sparkpea, thats normal. It'll switch on and off even more during this cold spell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

I understand that it will kick in and out as the temp drops,but for the heat to drop by 2-3min every time is a bit much,The last burner I had would heat up cut out then kick in about 15-20 min or so ,this is doing it every 3mins no mater what the weather is..I can belive that the heat would drop the same every time...

I understand that it will kick in and out as the temp drops,but for the heat to drop by 2-3min every time is a bit much,The last burner I had would heat up cut out then kick in about 15-20 min or so ,this is doing it every 3mins no mater what the weather is..I can belive that the heat would drop the same every time...

I think some thermostats have a narrow "window" between high and low cutout but i'm not sure. My own burner "Bentone" cuts in and out every 2-3 mins for the last 10yrs, but thats not saying its right. I often queried it and was told its normal. Maybe some of the lads over in plumbing and heating will give a better explanation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

check if the circulation pump is wired correctly
    it should continue to run even when boiler reaches temperature and cuts out

• Advertisement

meercat wrote: »
    check if the circulation pump is wired correctly
    it should continue to run even when boiler reaches temperature and cuts out

Not sure if this question is for me but my pump runs constant when boiler is powered up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

thanks nophd08
    meant for op

Advertisement