Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Europa League Final 2011 - 6000 Tickets For Irish Fans

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Europa League.

Does not compute.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I'll be applying too, have a notion City will be competing in this final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This is defo the kind of thing where the FAI should be taking the opportunity to offer first preference to LOI season ticket holders, and national team blockbookers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

We may never get another European football final in this country again in most of our lifetimes, I'll definately be applying

Whether I can afford it or not :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

mmmm wonder what the reception will be like if Rangers make it

and its not beyond the bounds of possibility

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

fryup wrote: »

probably very good from the 25000 rangers fans in the ground and the 25000 in the dublin pubs - piss poor from everyone else both inside and outside the ground - just a guess.;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Never happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

CSF wrote: »
    This is defo the kind of thing where the FAI should be taking the opportunity to offer first preference to LOI season ticket holders, and national team blockbookers.

I doubt the FAI would have any say in the distribution of these 6,000 tickets. i could be wrong but i dont think so. I'll be applying anyway. Got lucky in 2003, applied for tickets before the quarter final in the hope Celtic would make it and 4 out of 6 us got them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

reguardless of whos playing, Im going. (Prays for Liverpool to make it..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

The Aviva might actually sell-out for once too... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Christ the City wouldnt know what hit it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Shall be applying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Shall apply too for the craic! Won't be bothered whether I do or don't get tickets!

This is defo the kind of thing where the FAI should be taking the opportunity to offer first preference to LOI season ticket holders

Smashing idea. Won't happen though, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Lech, PAOK, CSKA, Zenit or Zagreb two of those in the final, Dublin would be like a warzone I'd say the guards wouldn't have a clue what to do.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'll be applying anyway, teams I'd like to see get there and might actually make it on current group standings:

City
    Sporting
    CSKA
    PSV
    Sevilla
    Atletico

And that will likely drop out of the CL:

Twente
    Benfica
    Ajax

Some great sides there and should make for a good occasion regardless of who is playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

Why??? I'm from Tipp and have no LOI club to support here so why should somebody that has a local team to support get first preference. The people that will want to go to this game will more than likely be real football fans because they won't know who's in the final and will just want to be able to get the chance to see (hopefully) two good teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Tom10 wrote: »
    Why??? I'm from Tipp and have no LOI club to support here so why should somebody that has a local team to support get first preference.

:rolleyes:
    The people that will want to go to this game will more than likely be real football fans because they won't know who's in the final and will just want to be able to get the chance to see (hopefully) two good teams.

Moreso event junkies tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

I'll be applying too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Why do the :rolleyes: at that? He has a point.

Why??? I'm from Tipp and have no LOI club to support here so why should somebody that has a local team to support get first preference. The people that will want to go to this game will more than likely be real football fans because they won't know who's in the final and will just want to be able to get the chance to see (hopefully) two good teams.
    Nah its going to be full of event junkies. The kind of people who think St Pauli are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

Moreso event junkies tbh.

Event junkies may well be there in numbers but they won't know it's on until they get closer to the event and start talking about it on tv more. But of course that will still allow for plenty of them to get tickets the way they normally do.

The roll eyes thing is nonsense.

Event junkies may well be there in numbers but they won't know it's on until they get closer to the event and start talking about it on tv more. But of course that will still allow for plenty of them to get tickets the way they normally do.

The roll eyes thing is nonsense.
    This whole forum will have read it. This site being as popular as it is, and the massive proportion of them here would be enough to fill the whole allocation alone to be fair.

Advertisement