Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nursing PLC courses?

• 30-11-2010 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of doing the Nursing course down in Waterford College of Further Education, but what I want to know is do these courses actually get you anywhere? If I do this will I even get close to becoming a nurse?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭looksee

http://www.wcfe.ie/jcms/index.php/full-time-courses/43-nursing/63-nursing-studies

This is a well respected course - representatives from Canterbury University visit the college looking for suitably qualified students to progress on there. There have been bursaries available previously, I do not know whether this will still be the case given the change in UK University fees, but you could make enquiries.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Nadser

There are a limited number of places available on nursing degree programmes for people with a level 5 Nursing Studies award. There is a lot of competition though and you'd pretty much have to get all distinctions to be in with a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

It is true that there are limited places available to FETAC students in the South, but lots of PLC colleges have established links to English colleges, where the FETAC Level 5 qualification is held in high esteem.

Advertisement