Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathfarnham

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Great video. I'm not a photography buff but I am a teacher in Ballinteer and will definitely be using this video in my lesson on weather. Great to get some pics of the local area. I'm just trying to identify the areas featured, let me know if I miss out on any:

Grange Road
    Rathfarnham Castle
    St. Endas Park

Is there a bit of Whitechurch there aswell?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Great video. I'm not a photography buff but I am a teacher in Ballinteer and will definitely be using this video in my lesson on weather. Great to get some pics of the local area. I'm just trying to identify the areas featured, let me know if I miss out on any:

Grange Road
    Rathfarnham Castle
    St. Endas Park

Is there a bit of Whitechurch there aswell?

The Furry Bog is whitechurch, Think one of the courtyards is Marley aswell only watched it once so not sure, Think theres one up by rosemount shopping centre aswell (The one with church spire & shops in the background), One of the junctions I think is also up by Marley, Three rock direction and a shot of the Eden pub which is Marley, Some of Loretto abbey aswell I think, Great photos btw OP, :)

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bella_Blue_Star

This is a lovely piece of work, very impressed. My favourite bits were the 3 snowmen, Padraic Pearse and the other statues from St.Endas - they brought a smile for sure. Lovely!

This is my shot from Marley from the last big snow.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bellabluestar/4233861759/

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bdeb

yoyo wrote: »
    The Furry Bog is whitechurch, Think one of the courtyards is Marley aswell only watched it once so not sure, Think theres one up by rosemount shopping centre aswell (The one with church spire & shops in the background), One of the junctions I think is also up by Marley, Three rock direction and a shot of the Eden pub which is Marley, Some of Loretto abbey aswell I think, Great photos btw OP, :)

Nick
    Hi Nick all the areas covered are in or around Rathfarnham,
    St, Enda's
    Marlay Park
    Whitechurch Road, C of I. St. Patricks cottages,
    Taylors Lane
    Grange Road, Loretto Convent
    Rathfarnham village, one shot trying to contrast the old and the new; didn't work.
    Whitechurch estate
    I'm sure there are another few places but it was basically a circular walk around the area ie. St. Endas, Grange Rd. Whitechurch Rd, Taylors Lane, Marlay Pk. and back around to Kilmashogue/Whitechurch Rd
    The shots displayed are only a few of the 200 or so I took: God bless technology ie. digital cameras.
    Thanks for the comment on the video,
    Barry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Lovely video.
    Pity the images move so quickly though - there's some beautiful shots there and not enough time to appreciate them without pausing the video and the song!

• Advertisement

This is a lovely piece of work, very impressed. My favourite bits were the 3 snowmen, Padraic Pearse and the other statues from St.Endas - they brought a smile for sure. Lovely!

This is my shot from Marley from the last big snow.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bellabluestar/4233861759/
    Thank you for the comment Bella, I love your shot of the little lake on flicker. I kinda missed it trying to concentrate on a skateing robin, who wouldn't stay still long enough to be snapped. The 3 snowmen are nearly covered this morning. So thanks again for the comment, I have left one on your fliker page,
    Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

Great vid! thanks!

Here's a pano from Loreto Park nearby.

5217842654_cea58074a4_b.jpg

stitched with autostitch on iphone (does a good job!)

Brilliant creation, puts an entirely new dimension to the scene. Thanks for sharing and comment, Barry

Thanks for the comment and observation, I know exactly what you mean. Hopefully when, if ever, I get to know what I am doing I will be able to make the necessary adjustments. Barry
    Thanks again

Advertisement