Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taiwan explains Irish financial crisis

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Taiwan not no how embed u tube.

Taiwan peeesed off.

Me try again.

Maybe tuuurd taaime luckie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Jesus Christ, our economy might be fcuked but at least we can cobble together something better than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Taiwan not no how embed u tube.
    Taiwan peeesed off.

I tried about 3 times, embedding never works on boards for me :mad:

Feelgood wrote: »
    I tried about 3 times, embedding never works on boards for me :mad:

Hit the "share" button on you tube & post everything after the 'v=' part.

ie., WHUyCUPb8QU

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

pffft Taiwan - they've never even won the eurovision song contest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

That was brilliant. Especially the Fr Ted part.

Knasher wrote: »
    That was brilliant. Especially the Fr Ted part.

"Eat The Bankers"

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Whoever made this, it's actually fairly accurate.
    Minor quibbles: it exaggerates the level of resistance so far shown by the Irish people. And Irish people have never been as stylish as those depicted in this video, nor our streets so clean.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Brilliant video. Loved the part where Brian Cowen gets beat up and also the leprechaun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

ROR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Is the person talking an extract from a podcast(with the video obviously built around it by someone over here)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Excellent.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Brian Cowen handing out the free cheese :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Hits all the highlights of the current debacle, Cowens drunken interview, the free cheese nonsense, EU holding a gun to our heads to accept the money and a cameo by Father Ted. All in all much better then the coverage provided by RTE:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

To add another caveat: the idea that we, as a country, are a contagion or could possibly bring down the euro, is bull****.
    Even if that were true, which it is not, the idea that that should be our responsibility, is bull****.
    This is an idea/condition being ascribed to us by the EU/IMF and the banks they represent, in order to ensure that our tax-payers will be responsible for the losses the banks they represent, private institutions, should rightfully incur.
    Our country is being ransacked by thieves.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

You know you've made it as a major news story when you're covered by Taiwanese news; it's up there with the hallowed Tiger Woods report!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, our economy might be fcuked but at least we can cobble together something better than that.
    No, we really can't, remember that 3D political satire from a couple of years ago? Utterly embarassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Mozoltov!

Suck sucky no Dolla' Euro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

Pretty representative of the truth methinks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

That was not bad. I was watching Chinese news network last week (due to location) and they did a real hatchet job.

Taking pictures of homeless in Dublin and some of the worst rundown streets. They then went on to say this is what the rest of Dublin is like. Also that Ireland is in the grasp of a civil war with riots (showed clip of people protesting at Dial entrance).

• Registered Users Posts: 27 arid

Overall, very good. Just two things that bug me. The Celtic Tiger was real. As in the original one, 1996-2001. Export and investment driven. It was the Celtic tiger "mk II" in the past decade that was illusory. We had record growth of 13 % in 1999 and that was real. It's easy to dismiss it all now but it was only later we took our eyes off the ball and the property bubble really took off. Not that important to note I just think we should take some positives and not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Secondly many of the FDI companies employ huge numbers of people. Low corporation tax is an incentive sure but there are actual industries here. Intel employs 3000, Pfizer something similar, 2000 people in Google etc. It's really the whole IFSC thing that was the big scam. Bloody bankers. :pac:

Advertisement