Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Urban NO.3?????

• 01-12-2010 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

I was wonder if anybody could tell me where abouts New Port or Newports lane would have been? Basically been looking at the census and found relatives however I have no idea where this would have been because as far as I can tell that the area is no longer called this? Thanks a mill for any info ye can give.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

New port square and terrace are just off the lower yellow road opposite the tavern pub. So I'd reckon it would be somewhere near there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Ashlinggnilsia

Sounds like a good place to start. Think there was a row of about 50ish houses there 2 bed nothing by that name now though. Thanks for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Click this link and then choose the Historic 25 inch map near the bottom right corner, you'll see Newports Square was Newport Lane in the late 1800s (when there was no square!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Ashlinggnilsia

Oh thank you so much, thats brilliant to be able to see. Can't thank you enough :D

Advertisement