Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coming back to Ireland.

• 01-12-2010 1:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭

So Im coming back to Ireland this month on the 21st.I will want to sign on,When I left last yeear i didnt sign off just didnt go to sign on.What do I have to do now when I get back,has it got strickter.Im 26 and i will be living at home and it will be the same office that I used before I left.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

So Im coming back to Ireland this month on the 21st.I will want to sign on,When I left last yeear i didnt sign off just didnt go to sign on.What do I have to do now when I get back,has it got strickter.Im 26 and i will be living at home and it will be the same office that I used before I left.

There's a good chance you were overpaid, particularly if you only signed on once a month or if your claim wasn't cancelled when you missed your sign on date.

If that's the case you will be asked to refund the overpayments before you can make a new claim. They will decide whether they want a lumpsum or a repayment schedule.

Interest or penalties are also a possibility but pretty unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

thats fair enough,think it might be only 2 payments tho or even 1.Bar that would they be any problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

If you were being paid at the post office any overpayment would eventually have reverted back to the department of social protection.

You may have some questions to answer relating to why you never signed off.

I was gettign paid into my account,I just figuered that once you dont sign on they stop the payment.Anyhow what date does the office close for chrismas does any one know?

Then there could be an overpayment. Not for the entire time you were away, just up to the last period covered by your last signing, thats if any mooney was due to you when you left.

Best thing to do is get someone to go to the office and enquire when they will be closing in December. Phoning is a bit useless as they are unlikely to answer.

• Advertisement

thats good advise and will do that.thanks

Also, have a look on here www.welfare.ie to see what documentation you need. Make two copies of everything because if you are going to the community welfare officer while your claim is being processed s/he will want copies of the same stuff.

Good luck

Advertisement