Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obtaining NZ Work Permit

Options
  • 01-12-2010 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Tried searching but couldn't come up with any up to date information on here. Im in New Zealand on a working holiday visa, due to expire on Feb 4th. I have an offer of permanent full time employment with one of the biggest travel agents in the country.

I've been to immigration numberous times and they're as helpful as a stone... What i can get them to tell me is that i have to apply under the skilled list, it can take 2 months, i need a full medical and it costs $230 + medical. All of that is ok.

However, i don't have any qualifications. As in, i've been a travel consultant for the past 5 years, worked abroad as a travel rep for 3 years... But nothing per se on paper, apart from my beginners CRS course (international flight booking system), numberous sales seminars and educational trips. Experience counts for more than qualifications in travel.

My future employer actually created a role within the agency for me, he wanted my experience and skills that much.

Im bricking it... cos if i dont get my permit i'll feel like i've let him down. Hes sending me for a 2 week training course to get me up to date with NZ travel industry.

Anyone got any experiences with these permits? Is it fairly easy to get them?

Thanks

SM

Advertisement