Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question for Malice_

Options
  • 01-12-2010 2:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

What's your new avatar related to?

Your last avatar represented a hidden gem of an album I would never have come across. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Ah yes, The Birthday Massacre's most recent album Pins and Needles. Brilliant stuff if you like your synthrock :).

My current avatar isn't related to music at all. It is from an artist called Vitaly Alexius. His artwork is frankly astounding. I'm using part of a piece titled Loretta which is one of my favourites.

Loretta_by_alexiuss.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

So glad I randomly looked at this thread, that artist is incredible. Just the type of stuff I like. Any other recommendations Malice?

baldshin wrote: »
    So glad I randomly looked at this thread, that artist is incredible. Just the type of stuff I like. Any other recommendations Malice?
    I'll have a look at my bookmarks when I get home later and see what's there. To be honest you could spend hours browing Deviant Art and still only scratch the surface of what is available.

I'd also recommend checking out artwork from people like HR Giger, Luis Royo and Boris Vallejo but they are far more well known.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

This is spectacular.

Water_fairy_by_alexiuss.jpg

I actually don't have any DeviantArt bookmarks on this computer. I guess they must be on my computer in Galway. By way of an apology here's another picture of a girl getting hit with water:
    ACM_50_0011.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement