Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beware of car thief D3 area

Options
  • 01-12-2010 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭

car thief doing the rounds on a push bike im based in marino and me ma was goin to work 7am this morning and seen my car door open with some scum bag in it and let a roar so i dived out the bed pair a boxers chasing this cnunt up the road
    he left a very large brick behind kinda the type you'd use for making a rockerie with.
    rang the gaurds they came up said he was down annesly bridge way before here he kicked in the door of a house down there thinking no body was at home and fled on the bike coming up to marino.
    they were at that house down there when they got the call about him been up here in my car , he wasn't caught but ya never know he still could come back for more so just to let people know to be extra careful about leaving things of value in there car

p.s any body missing a brick they can have it back lol 155285_10150106858681081_689576080_7660157_5777694_n.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I must say given the layer of snow currently blanketing the city his cycling skills are most impressive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

very impressive indeed he was gone like a shot around the corner if only he had of fell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

fair play to you - and yer mum.

scum like that deserve to be caught and dealt with by those they have robbed or attempted to rob - the judicial system is not doing enough to stop them.....I dont blame the gardai, I would like to see another 10,000-20,000 more gardai on the streets...so that more criminals are caught and gardai are present to deter criminals from breaking the law.

if caught I'd like to see proper jail time for these scum - none of the concurrent sentencing - if they are committing multiple crimes - multiple consecutive sentences is what is needed.

Lets face it - if a scumbag gets caught - they are released on bail pending the hearing - in that time - they know they are probably going to jail .....so they go off and rob again....if caught...(In general) they don't get a longer sentence....they get a concurrent...which is ridiculous...it should be consecutive. But of course, like all the scummers that are before the courts - they were suffering from alcohol abuse, drug abuse, they were abused ....and the courts take a lenient approach to them.

next time a politician calls to the door - ask them what they propose to do for crime/criminals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

spider_pig wrote: »
    very impressive indeed he was gone like a shot around the corner if only he had of fell :(

Couldn't you just follow the tracks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Couldn't you just follow the tracks ?

did that yea went around the corner back down towards fairview so more then likely they'll lead into town somewhere as thats the direction he came i.e the annesly bridge incident.
    noting had been taken had noting but a broken car radio in it i learned my lesson the last time about leaving stuff behind in the car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

PCPhoto wrote: »
    fair play to you - and yer mum.

scum like that deserve to be caught and dealt with by those they have robbed or attempted to rob - the judicial system is not doing enough to stop them.....I dont blame the gardai, I would like to see another 10,000-20,000 more gardai on the streets...so that more criminals are caught and gardai are present to deter criminals from breaking the law.

if caught I'd like to see proper jail time for these scum - none of the concurrent sentencing - if they are committing multiple crimes - multiple consecutive sentences is what is needed.

Lets face it - if a scumbag gets caught - they are released on bail pending the hearing - in that time - they know they are probably going to jail .....so they go off and rob again....if caught...(In general) they don't get a longer sentence....they get a concurrent...which is ridiculous...it should be consecutive. But of course, like all the scummers that are before the courts - they were suffering from alcohol abuse, drug abuse, they were abused ....and the courts take a lenient approach to them.

next time a politician calls to the door - ask them what they propose to do for crime/criminals.
    and we could put loads of construction workers who are curently on the dole back to work to build prisons to hold them,two problems solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

the bolt wrote: »
    and we could put loads of construction workers who are curently on the dole back to work to build prisons to hold them,two problems solved.

And beg the EU for more money to pay for this. No thanks.
    Shorter, cheap and far harsher penalties are the way to go.

1-2 years hard labour in service of the community, with electronic tagging & random drug/alcohol testing along with a ban on alcohol intake. And when they're not doing hard labour, make them take an education/training course (where suitable). Oh, and they should be made walk around with a sign saying "I'm criminal scum", and made to write a 10 page apology to their victim(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

1-2 years hard labour in service of the community, with random electronic shocks & random drug/alcohol testing along with a ban on alcohol intake. And when they're not doing hard labour, make them take an education/training course (where suitable). Oh, and they should be made walk around with a sign saying "I'm criminal scum", and made to write a 10 page apology to their victim(s).

had to FYP ..... oh and the walk around part ...lol .... fair enough ...but doubt many of them can write ten pages !!! ...they should be made work for their victims until their victims seem fit to release them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

1-2 years hard labour in service of the community, with electronic tagging & random drug/alcohol testing along with a ban on alcohol intake. And when they're not doing hard labour, make them take an education/training course (where suitable). Oh, and they should be made walk around with a sign saying "I'm criminal scum", and made to write a 10 page apology to their victim(s).

Gulags in Co. Donegal anyone? Could employ the people without a criminal record on the dole as camp guards and then stick all petty criminals into the camps doing sweatshop style manufacturing? Doubt many of them would happily reoffended after a stay.

Advertisement