Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S - Kies - Froyo - 3 Mobile - Date?

• 01-12-2010 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi

Does anybody know yet when Froyo will be available for the Samsung Galaxy S through Kies for 3 Mobile customers?

It's still not showing up for me...

Is it a case of clicking on Update Firmware and it should say that an update is available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Do the registry hack, it's easy enough (getting Kies working is the hardest part) and it will remove the Three branding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

From the Talk to 3 forum -> latest news

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jimbo007

Thanks JustinOval but not going to do the registry hack, which is why I want to find out the date.

Good link BearNecessities, thanks, I'll keep an eye on it there!

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ScottArch

What Spoof Product Code did you use with your three handset? I have tried loads and they have upgraded me, but unfortunately the phone thinks I am roaming and does not allow me 3G connectivity (APN setting not automatically filled in?). It wont let me go back to 2.1. How do I tell the handset it is a three handset and to default to that network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Technically you are roaming, enable data roaming too. It's the same on my Desire.

The Three APN settings are on here, somewhere...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I updated using Odin and have had to have roaming data switched on to get it to work. Phone is finally living up to its potential with the OCLF and 2.2 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ScottArch

Hi folks, just got it fixed. spoof code XEU will put unbranded Froyo JPO firmware on it. Its generic UK so should be the the same as Irish sim free. APN automatically applied for 3G. Scott

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Reggie G

Froyo 2.2 available on 3 since this morning. In middle of download now.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Confirmed that the 3IE froyo version is now available. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Edit: Why are there three "froyo update" threads (excluding this thread!) Can they be merged or something? link1 link2 link3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

Confirmed that the 3IE froyo version is now available. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Still no update here on 3, strange and very annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    Still no update here on 3, strange and very annoying!

Mine either :mad:

Kies hasn't worked for me in about 3 weeks. Updated to 2.2 via Odin.

To anyone more technically minded than me, is the 3IE CSC out in the wild yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭RedXIV

will upgrading the firmware wipe my apps and data etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Nope, well it didn't to mine anyway BUT I found that the market had no record of any of the apps I had. Also it was sluggish in responding but hard reset sorted it and it's faster now than it ever was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭fransdev

Update to Froyo for SGS on Three is out :
    http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/three-s...eky+Gadgets%29

fransdev wrote: »
    Update to Froyo for SGS on Three is out :
    http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/three-s...eky+Gadgets%29

No its not out for everybody!

And your link refers to Three UK! Not Ireland! Different companies, countries and markets!

Sigh!

My apologies I presumed it also concerned Ireland. By the way I didn't wait and rooted it and on Froyo JPO, works like a charm.

No worries,

I'm one of the unfortunates who bought a SGS on first release on THree and now its unupgradeable.
    So not very happy!
    If they cant sort this soon I will be looking for an out of contract clause and jump ship! Had enough at this stage!

I was also one of the first to get the SGS and was also tired of waiting so I updated with Odin to first release of Froyo. And a couple of weeks ago through Kies to JPO. (if you want I show you how, it's easy):D

Cheers Frans really appreciate your offer!

I'll hang on yet though as my Mrs is just out of contract with them now and if I can get out of contract also, I'll be off! SO fed up now!

I understand your frustration but one of the good things of Three is the free Skype to Skype calls and free Sky news and sport with your SGS. Let me know if you change your mind and stay on Three or when you change provider and still want to update to Froyo. My SGS is running smoothly and nog lags or other issues.

I am really fed up with this, thinking of just updating it myself :(:(

@Angel01 just let me know if you need help :)

Can you run through how you would do this?

There is a thread on XDA how to update to Froyo with Odin ( which I did first) but another way around this is just update your Kies to the latest version and download this little piece of software from xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=835628 and away your Kies will go and update your SGS. If this doesn't work PM me. (no charge ;))

Cheers Frans really appreciate your offer!

I'll hang on yet though as my Mrs is just out of contract with them now and if I can get out of contract also, I'll be off! SO fed up now!

Have you been in touch with them about getting out of contract because of this? I can't get kies to run at all anymore.

No worries,

I'm one of the unfortunates who bought a SGS on first release on THree and now its unupgradeable.
    So not very happy!
    If they cant sort this soon I will be looking for an out of contract clause and jump ship! Had enough at this stage!

So SO SO Frustrated that others are able to upgrade on 3 and I can't. If they can't sort this soon I'll be looking for a way to leave them also. Fair enough with workarounds etc. to get the phone updated, but I don't want to have warranty issues with my phone or future upgrade problems, plus there's a risk of getting it wrong and doing damage to my phone - it should just work through KIES, especially when the update is released now.
    And nothing back at all from 3 on the issue. "Looking into it".

Seems that the issue with upgrading is with users with JG1

Is there anybody else experiencing problems upgrading who doesn't have firmware JG1?

Can others confirm that the issues they're experiencing in upgrading are all to do with JG1?

(other known issues with JG1 - video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCGtjkWQhoo)

Have you been in touch with them about getting out of contract because of this? I can't get kies to run at all anymore.

No not yet,

Gonna wait for 3 Patrick to come on, he's on tues & thurs, so will have it out with him then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭keithoh

There is a thread on XDA how to update to Froyo with Odin ( which I did first) but another way around this is just update your Kies to the latest version and download this little piece of software from xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=835628 and away your Kies will go and update your SGS. If this doesn't work PM me. (no charge ;))

Fransdev, you're the man. I downloaded this patch and phone is now updating to the same firmware my wifes phone updated to over the weekend.

Anyone with build PDA:JG2/PHONE:JG1/CSC:3I should use the link Fransdev has linked to. Kies sees phone as JG3:JG1:JG3 and updates.

When running the patcher set "Spoof Product Code" to "3IE" option

Thanks again Fransdev

keithoh wrote: »
    Fransdev, you're the man. I downloaded this patch and phone is now updating to the same firmware my wifes phone updated to over the weekend.

Anyone with build PDA:JG2/PHONE:JG1/CSC:3I should use the link Fransdev has linked to. Kies sees phone as JG3:JG1:JG3 and updates.

When running the patcher set "Spoof Product Code" to "3IE" option

Thanks again Fransdev

Fair play Frans & Keith!

Keith can you confirm GPS functionality as thats my main interest with 2.2 for fixes at the moment?

Will you get back to us with the above please?

Fair play Frans & Keith!

Keith can you confirm GPS functionality as thats my main interest with 2.2 for fixes at the moment?

Will you get back to us with the above please?

I was just using google maps and had GPS turned on and it picked up my location is there something specific with the GPS you want checked

That it just works is great.

If you get a chance try it with GPS location only, i.e. not using wifi or phone network as backup

That it just works is great.

If you get a chance try it with GPS location only, i.e. not using wifi or phone network as backup

I had wireless networks disabled, location was based on GPS only.
    Now get downloading that patch for Kies and enjoy 2.2 and your GPS

I had wireless networks disabled, location was based on GPS only.
    Now get downloading that patch for Kies and enjoy 2.2 and your GPS

Thanks Keith

Think I'm gonna go for it!

Fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Lads I am a wee bit confussed :confused:
    At the end of the link, there are 5 files that can be downloaded version 1.14 1.5 1l6 etc, do i have to download ALL of them???

Gucky wrote: »
    Lads I am a wee bit confussed :confused:
    At the end of the link, there are 5 files that can be downloaded version 1.14 1.5 1l6 etc, do i have to download ALL of them???

Gucky, just download the 1.7 patch file no need for the other files

CRC data damaged?

Any ideas lads?

Edit!

Sorted guys!

Yous lads are legends on (3Irelands) froyo, smooth as a babies arse :D
    Hope this will solve the battery issues i had