Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Colder than an eskimo's testicles out there, wrap up warm people :) and don't forget the wellies, my feet are bloody soakes from a 2 min walk to the shop. snow= NO WORK...I'm like a kid today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Light snow in D11 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Heroditas wrote: »
    Could all the Lucan posters please do a snow dance?
    I've seen enough clear blue sky this morning. I want to see dark clouds now. :mad:

I'm dancing as we speak!

Any idea what the footpaths are like? I need to get from Finnstown to Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Jaysoose wrote: »
    You couldnt leave it could you...

who in gods name would save up the image of a guy falling out of wheelchair to have a chuckle to themselves later..you need help.
    Are you setting up a poll on this.It was funny

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Nothing in Templebar....

"If you can't laugh at life in all its hideousness, it will consume you." - Me.

Words to live by.

More words to live by:
    "Big Freeze Discussion"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

joes girls wrote: »
    Just heard that Wexford has run out of GRIT, did they not learn from last year???

I thought the NRA were providing the grit. Surely Wexford will just approach them and ask them for more?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Snowing now in D4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Serious snowfall in D18 since 8.30am. Just stopped in last few minutes.. easily 3 inches fell. Winter Wonderland here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Getting heavier, tiny flakes tho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts...

Temperature: Current -1.4 °C High -1.2 °C Low -3.8 °C
    Dew Point: Current -2.1 °C High -1.5 °C Low -4.8 °C

It's quite amazing. We're putting up the decorations, Christmas Rat pack playing and all along it has been heavily snowing outside.

Quite, quite WONDERFUL. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Wind has gone ENE again. M2 dewpoint down to -2.6

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

krrh wrote: »
    snowing heavy in clondalkin village, d22 at the min!

Kindly send some of it up to your Lucan neighbours please. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Little flurry in Malahide again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Irish67, see some showers coming further south now, although I see one of the clouds broke up before donegal town! lol
    A lot of activity in scotland ,be nice if they were oncourse for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 lour26

keithzer wrote: »
    Still very heavy in Drogheda going strong for the last hour

Was out the back playing with the dog about twenty minutes ago... All footprints are covered again, don't think Iv ever seen snow like this drogheda :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Them northern end streamers coming off the irish seem to be just arriving direactly over our coastal village in Louth.
    I find it amazing! I been living in Ireland for 12 years and iv never seen anything like it, reminds me of when i was in Andora:D.

Its kinda hard to figure out how much snow we could get from the streamers. Iam looking at the met radar and it seems ok and then out of the blue a blizzard arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

light fluffy snow in dublin 2

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Nice bit of cloud building up in Blackrock again - hope we get that drop WC was talkin' bout!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TravelTales

Roads in the city centre fine. traffic light and moving. Some light snow now in D2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Lucanites! I left work early to come home after seeing the showers earlier on and the radar showing what looked like more on teh way in. On the way to the Pennyhill, the slip road at the Foxhunter was white and while cars were goign up gingerly OK, I think a freeze will make that difficult. The Outer Ring Road was brown snow but quite wet. All roads off it were hard packed white looking. Estates are full of fluffy snow underfoot.

Hail/graupel just seems to be starting again now. I'll post up some pics that I took earlier in the photos thread...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

I thought the NRA were providing the grit. Surely Wexford will just approach them and ask them for more?????

Have no idea, but all i do know is that the roads are not gritted today, which cant be good!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Thedogsgone

A little flurrry just started in D4....

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TinyT

larry1 wrote: »
    Serious snowfall in D18 since 8.30am. Just stopped in last few minutes.. easily 3 inches fell. Winter Wonderland here :)

It's fab....also in D18......first time I've noticed that the footpath, the road, and the green area are so covered in snow that I can't tell where one finishes and the other begins - just one big vast whiteness in our estate now.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Tenaciousdee

Snowing in Navan! Small flakes, but resonably heavy! Enough to stop me going to shop for supplies! Big white clouds promising more! :-) :D

*Bin lorries made it through estate - was surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I'm dancing as we speak!

Any idea what the footpaths are like? I need to get from Finnstown to Tesco.

It worked!
    Snow up by Willsbrook! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Perfect snow at Grand Canal Plaza

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

xalot wrote: »
    light fluffy snow in dublin 2

saw this and looked out the window for a sec. started to snow right on cue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Snow back in Lucan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭achtungbarry

manx.jpg?t=1291206382