Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭claytonie

Pretty much snowed in here now and the snow still coming down :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Rain at dublin airport according to met eireann on rte one just now, ah hard luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

Miniscule amounts of snow falling in Celbridge at the moment, but judging by the radar we are still very much stuck in the IOM shadow. Starting to feel as though I must have done something terrible to offend the snow gods. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

Its been bucketing down really heavy in Navan now for about 1.5 hours, it's been a blizzard for the last 20-30 minutes

How much do you have in Navan? im about seven miles from the town at least 7 inches and the snow keeps on coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Snow picking up again after a brief break. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Starting to snow gently in Lucan now.

Getting heavy here in Lucan. Up by Griffin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

ciaranm wrote: »
    Out in Tallaght, Dublin 24, and it's coming down quite heavily now.

Any idea how long this shower might last? roads are already pretty bad, and I'm worried a fair few of us might get stuck.

It may last for quite a while so if you need to get somewhere later I suggest you head out asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    gonna go out on a limb and say this ain't over ;)

545f0.jpg

a bit less activity out in the sea tho, perhaps? hopefully it will beef up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Got about 1inch graupel topup on the 1inch overnight Hail here near the seafront in Bray. Hasn't snowed in hours though despite how the precip radar looks. We seem to be in a thin gap between streamers coming on shore that miraculously fill in and massively intensify as they clear the west side of Bray towards the Wicklow mountains.

Yes the ground is now white again down here after the full thaw but still pretty disappointed tbh. Slushy haily graupely muck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

Blue skies like the middle of summer here in Cork city suburbs...0.5 degrees, roads still a little icy from the ONE shower we got yesterday. Am sick with jealousy. Any chance we'll get anything does anyone know?

PS I'm moving back to dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

just shows you how localised these showers are..heavy snow in Drumcondra and Dub city centre and only a few flakes falling in Castleknock!!! Missed that shower:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I think some people are giving a very lenient pass to the term snowed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭HyperSkypeWiper

Can anyone tell me what the roads are like between Navan and Dunshaughlin? Worried about someone getting stuck....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Winger_PL wrote: »
    I don't think that will happen. Those showers will die over the UK. Any snow we will get is going to come from the Irish Sea in form of streamers.
    BTW, duplicating posts is generally frowned upon as it's spamming the forum.

Apologies & thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Theres a load of kids building an igloo up the road, looks like tremendous fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Blizzard in wex for the last 3 hours.. F*ck it i'm puttin up the decorations and putting fairytale of new york on :pac:

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

It's like something out of a comic strip in here - our hero Thunder Snow versus the evil villain The Shadow!

Still nada in Lucan.

shirley you mean Thunder Snow Vs The Snubble

• Registered Users Posts: 24 réaltóg

Just off the phone to my sister in Navan and it sounds like snowmageddon there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭compsys

compsys wrote: »
    Finally a bit of decent sneachta again in Rathfarnham :D

Still trickling down in D 14. Still quite light though. Every now and then it gets that little bit heavier. Has gotten very dark though. Feels like we're on the tail edge of an epic snow shower. I just wish we were in one!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

a few flakes here in D15 :(, come fed up wating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Flying down in D3 !!

Bring on Interpol later !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Decent flakes in Lucan now.
    shirley you mean Thunder Snow Vs The Snubble

What's snubble?

And don't call me shirley! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Here's my Navan snowcam! :D

out.jpg

just set it up, if you refresh the page, it'll refresh the image. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Pentecost

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Flying down in D3 !!

Bring on Interpol later !! :D

In D3 also we'd got little or nothing since the weekend but it's coming down now alright. Might have to revise any plans of leaving the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Big flakes now.

RTE saying the parts of the southeast getting worst snowfall in decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

réaltóg wrote: »
    Just off the phone to my sister in Navan and it sounds like snowmageddon there!
    Correct. Plenty of snow falling here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i have one website saying thundershowers coming to cork, another saying nothing is happening, i do see clouds coming in cork direction

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Mad, what looks very like a manx shearwater was just in the field behind me... just on the rim of the very bad weather that is affecting Navan..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

nearly stopped in gorey it was that light but getting heavy again :D

• Advertisement

Snowing my end of Lucan now too. Not too heavy but snow noetheless :)
    Looking at the clouds coming we may get another load.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement