Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Constant snow outside Aughrim. Thunder rolls recently too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Lashing snow in Dub central (Stoneybatter)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Very, very light snow falling in Killester/Raheny after 20 mins of graupel, still under cloud but can see the blue skies further North . Are people in portmarnock or malahide getting anything ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Snow back in Waterford city, should be here for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Been bucketing down in D3 for the past hour or so. And now it's lightly snowing!! We deserve it we have had little to nothing since Saturday :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Bloody*Mary

Very, very light snow falling in Killester/Raheny after 20 mins of graupel, still under cloud but can see the blue skies further North . Are people in portmarnock or malahide getting anything ?

Not a sausage in Swords anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Bucketing down again in Greystones, its getting rediculous at this stage, roads are a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Chucking down snow in the city centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭claytonie

This first pic was around 10am yesterday and the second just after 10 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Very heavy in the City Centre.

Might need to go home early if this keeps up.. :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Heavy snow again in D4, have to go pick my nephews up from school soon, I'm going to pelt them with snowballs! (I wont be asked to pick them up again :))

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Light flurry in Malahide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Decent flakes in Lucan now.

What's snubble?

And don't call me shirley! ;)

it's a snow bubble Shirley

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Finally stopped here in D8. Good inch or two fallen. Roads are going to be awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

has anyone got the prediction from raintoday.co.uk as to what will happen the clouds coming in from Darlington and Leeds. The Darlington ones look like they could get to North County Dublin (aka Shadowland) based on an ENE?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Was out around d15, there was a light shower. Dark clouds to the south, brighter to the north.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

can anyone tell me how you put up pics from the iPhone on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

Winger_PL wrote: »
    It may last for quite a while so if you need to get somewhere later I suggest you head out asap.

Thanks.

My boss ain't keen on us all heading off.
    It's like something from a disaster film. I'm the scientist bearing bad news, and he's the authority figure living in denial.

actually, guinness cam shows that it may be clearing for a while. still dodgy though. Must have dumoed a fair few cms there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Snow getting heavier in Waterford city.

Watch live @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

jolly wrote: »
    has anyone got the prediction from raintoday.co.uk as to what will happen the clouds coming in from Darlington and Leeds. The Darlington ones look like they could get to North County Dublin (aka Shadowland) based on an ENE?

Asked that already, someone said they would die out, but they dont look as if they want to die out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Stopping slightly here in wexford town, Sit and wait for next shower now hopefully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Silcocky

I'm working in town, just back from Jervis Centre-was there forty five mins and at the very least 3cm fell....
    Looks beautiful, but gonna cause crazy mess-ness...going home!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

All wrapped up...about to brave trip to the shops for necessities (on foot!)...wish me luck! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

dacogawa wrote: »
    Asked that already, someone said they would die out, but they dont look as if they want to die out

they aren't really moving though. they just really are localised storms.
    they must be getting lashed out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

im beside clarehall & just started to come down very heavy again

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

ciaranm wrote: »
    Thanks.
    My boss ain't keen on us all heading off.

That's because a five hour commute is on *your* time, and not his/her problem. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sushisushi

Don't know about there, but Ayrfield (between the Tonlegee Road and Clare Hall) has gotten another cm or two in the last hour, snowing/graupelling almost non-stop. The edge of the band must be somewhere between here and Malahide, cos the sky looks solid gray north of here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

down in wexford the roads are in an awfull state and there is still people driving
    and whats the deal with the lorry drivers there are going way to fast for the road and weather conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Just home from UCD which closed at 12 for all students...its a winter wonderland here...cant remember the last time I saw snow this deep..18cms approx! and thats not in the flurry areas

154133_464916353762_747378762_5760935_2192543_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Could any of the experts on here be able to tell me if we are going to get a shift in the wind direction to WNW or NW in the coming days?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement