Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

M2 buoy has dropped to -3.0 now, the streams in the Irish sea seem to have calmed a bit now but some stuff coming off the coast at Blackpool, I haven't seen it that far west into the sea in a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Something pretty awesome happened here. The water tower that's beside our house started leaking, and the water began to freeze. Created some pretty spectacular sites. I posted some photos here. You guys might enjoy them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

bloopy wrote: »
    Oh crap! Even if I get to Inistioge I'll have to walk about 3 miles to get home. Back road between there and New Ross - apparently it is pretty impassable except for 4 by 4 or tractor.
    Guess I may stay in kk.

Down near ballinagott?? roads would be pretty bad there all right . .

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

It seems to be more easterly now. Please god.

Skynews Weather also showing wind change to Easterly in the afternoon.

http://www.tinyurl.ie/2h1

m2 buoy down to -3C

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

ALERT! DID i just hear on ATC engine failure due to snow?!... they got a restart tough !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭bloopy

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Something pretty awesome happened here. The water tower that's beside our house started leaking, and the water began to freeze. Created some pretty spectacular sites. I posted some photos here. You guys might enjoy them!

Wow! That is very cool.
    Is that in Kilkenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Very heavy graupel shower here in finglas! :)

Just stopped on Jamestown Road :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Tom_Brady wrote: »

They are amazing Tom, but you really shouldn't break a water tower just to get nice pics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭compsys

1pm new TV forecast...

Thundersnow possible in the southeast later

Freezing fog in the west and midlands tonight

Showed Friday as rain for the west and south, snow for the midlands and north

And the East?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

glasto wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we're going to get any snow in Cork City? I have a very disappointed nine year old just gagging to go snowballing, he is disgusted at our sunny weather!

Must be very local; go over the the Cork City board and their snow reports..

You are very welcome indeed to bring wee boy over to play in our snowfields! ( just into West Cork) He would have a ball over here.. The lanes are barely passable though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Iancar29 wrote: »
    ALERT! DID i just hear on ATC engine failure due to snow?!... they got a restart tough !

ok thats scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Any snow gonna be coming towards Laois?

We never get much.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

bloopy wrote: »
    Wow! That is very cool.
    Is that in Kilkenny?

Yup. Between Johnstown and Urlingford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Dublin streamer edges north on 1315 radar,voila --hevier snow now in Castleknock,get in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

cant look at this anymore. gotta go and do a bit of studying

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Lovely fluffy snow shower in D2 (grafton street) right now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Graupel.

Feels like the small polystyrene balls from a bean bag when you crunch them.

Fairly class alright, Archi.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

O she be lashing it down in Newbridge :D

Temp -1.5

DP -3.2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

We're approaching a foot here:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Started snowing now in south d15 again.

I really think my street is the perfect 'border' of marginality right now. To the north of the house I see blue sky. To the south, dark clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Girrrrseach

bucketing down snow in Finglas! So pretty! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

started in Newbridge again - really pelting down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

snow-graupel mix here in south D15. At last. Was getting muy jealous at posts from fuppin southside...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Something coming down in Finglas agaiN!

Snowing all around Laois, but the sun is melting the snow at my house. Fupp sake.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

LookingFor wrote: »

I really think my street is the perfect 'border' of marginality right now. To the north of the house I see blue sky. To the south, dark clouds.

same here but i think im just on the boarder :( a few flakes though hoping for more

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Jesus this is painful beyond belief. I can see out my attic window all the lovely thick clouds to the south of me dumping snow over Dublin and I have a clear blue sky with the sun shining! :(

LookingFor wrote: »

You must be in Lucan :)

My house is the same, massive clouds either side of the house !"!! Im plonk in the middle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Betty-ireland

About 7 inches here now outside Carlow town, still going strong. Been snowing since about 10am. Non stop!!! Will try add pics later!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement