Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

5starpool wrote: »
    Source?

They have it when you get on their website, "The service is unavailable" :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Have to try and find a way home frome astpoint to lucan! Think train to adamstown is my only option!

If only they'd open Kishogue!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Peckham

Irish Rail confirming on Twitter that rumour that Connolly is close is false. All Darts/mainline running, albeit with up to 30 mins delay due to points freezing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭token56

In maynooth and can see the nice big lovely clouds to the south, it looks like its just missing maynooth and raintoday seems to agree. Feck sake

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lara_la

Still a light shower here in leopardstown! Hopefully I can get home later if they keep the luas running that is! Can't wait to get out n play in the snow :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

LookingFor wrote: »
    Easing off here in d15 now. Broken skies to the north.

That was fun :)

:D it was, now wait for the next batch

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Heavy again in Greystones, virtually no let up all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Dublin Bus website appears to be working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Dublin bus services suspended, dublin airport main runway closed...let the mayhem begin :D If the luas goes there will be thousands of people walking home, either that or the hotels in city will be getting an early xmas present.

Heavy heavy graupel/snow AGAIN in dublin 12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Dublin bus site has crashed. This is mayhem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Caitriona

A good 6 inches on the ground here and more falling. I take it the wind changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

my oulfella took the bus into work this morning(navan road). just heard that db services are cancelled? how the f**k is he goin to get home??? he's in his mid 60s and has a dodgy hip.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Went to shops to get hot chocolate and they are sold out! people losing the run of themselves stocking up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Looks like mighty showers over UK atm, whats the chances of them making it here?

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

airport now closed until 1900 according to ATC Dublin. The German pilot/copilot calling in to ATC sounded very surprised if not shocked !

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Just heard a plane getting diverted to Belfast...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

LookingFor wrote: »
    Easing off here in d15 now. Broken skies to the north.

That was fun :)
    Only a short clearing by the look of it. Plenty more clouds are approaching the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Dublin Bus website working for me. Last update 13.45. No mention of suspension of services, just a list of diversions. Anyone got actual proof that services are cancelled?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

If the front that is on the west coast of the UK holds up , we will be in for a hell of a show around 8 or 9 tonight on the east coast , south east coast

Even those of you in the Isle of Man Shadow !

Its a big IF though .

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Assuming the buses are cancelled the RTE website is a disgrace not having anything up there about it still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Dcully wrote: »
    Looks like mighty showers over UK atm, whats the chances of them making it here?

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

i'm currently seeing that storm off the cork coast from my window:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Angry Troll

i was actually hoping the nation would have learned a few lessons from last winter’s cold snap disaster...but not so, nada, bugger all lessons learned it seems...again nobody is prepared and we have mayhem all over again on roads and sidewalks and everywhere…and if the water grid freezes up again the fun really starts…

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Lol, ATC: "It looks like 0700 hours, sorry, 1700 hours. Sorry, I'll say it again, 1900 hours is the earliest opening of the runway"

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

my oulfella took the bus into work this morning(navan road). just heard that db services are cancelled? how the f**k is he goin to get home??? he's in his mid 60s and has a dodgy hip.:eek:

aww poor dad - tell him to get train to bray & well put him up for the night :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Just stopped snowing in Newbridge now , but the Temp is on the drop now

Temp -1.4

DP -3.3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

jolly wrote: »
    airport now closed until 1900 according to ATC Dublin. The German pilot/copilot calling in to ATC sounded very surprised if not shocked !

Sorry what?

It's three miles from me, and we've had graupel. Once. All day.

They cannot be serious about taking that long to clear the runway, and if they are, and there's no other reason for such a prolonged closure, then they're incompetent and should all be sacked.

(This comes from me with my experience of working in the airport and knowledge of all things aviation, before anyone says anything).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

From irish rail (visually impaired site working ok)

Wednesday 1st December - 14.45hrs

Full services are operating today throughout the network across Intercity, DART and Commuter routes.

Some services may be subject to minor delays as points are cleared of snow and ice. More significant delays may occur where there is recent snowfall, but we will get customers to their destination.

There are delays to DART and Commuter services of up to 30 minutes due to frozen points at Connolly Station. Staff are on site working to clear the area and minimise these delays.

Docklands Station and Maynooth services are operating to and from Connolly Station only.

Docklands Station is now closed for the reminder of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Snow seems to have turned light again here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

most of the city id about to get a pasting. ....big dark clouds moving in from the east....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Hirlam model showing large bands of precipitation on Friday 1pm onwards

http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement