Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

my word for the day is going to be erudites!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Dublin City's website seems to be going down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 percy100

has been belting down marbles in firhouse for the last 15/20 mins....still going:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Bucketing down here since 9am with the odd 10 minute stoppage, but its really coming down now. Latest measurement from same spot in centre of road is 16.3 inches, was 12.2 at 6am this morning, so a nice increase.

Taking bets for 2foot by midnight, odds on.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Looks like the northside is going to get nothing from the current ones on the radar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

anyone else think the kid outside my house with a broom is fighting a losing battle? :D

losingbattle.jpg

percy100 wrote: »
    has been belting down marbles in firhouse for the last 15/20 mins....still going:eek:

Pure fluffy stuff 10 mins up the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Snow in Greystones is the heaviest I've seen all week now. Its almost dark out its that heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Blizzard conditions in Carrickmines again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭token56

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »
    The IR seems to suggest a change to more easterly flow to my eye. Anyone else think? I cant tell from raintoday because some frames arent loading.

http://www.sat24.com/gb

Seems to be a nice bit building up in the Irish Sea looking at that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Winds are shifting easterly now. Anywhere in Dublin that hasn't had the bucketload of snow that everyone else is getting it should get a goof 5/6 hours of snowfall now

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭daisling

West Wicklow 208 m - just measured where i cleared this time yesterday 11 inches in 24 hours still snowing all day and just got word schools closed until monday :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Bloody*Mary

Winds are shifting easterly now. Anywhere in Dublin that hasn't had the bucketload of snow that everyone else is getting it should get a goof 5/6 hours of snowfall now

Please be true :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Still heavy snow in D4, everything's white & the wind direction does look to have changed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

The winds are fickle, its hard to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

God help anyone trying to get home tonight, its going to be mental. Something building off the mersey estuary, down for the night if it makes it across the Irish sea.
    http://www.sat24.com/gb

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

We are about to get snowmaggedon here in D11

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Lightly snowing in Dunshaughlin again.

Edit: Scrap that, it was just snow blowing off the roof :o:o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

I understand all about the Isle of Man Snow Shadow and sea tracks and all that, but can any of the experts explain why there seems to be a 2km gap between streamers consistently all day since 10am with that gap tracking directly over Brayall effing day!! I have an unimpeded sea track to Blackpool FFS The rest of Wicklow has Anglsey massively shortening their sea track and they are getting monster streamers all day long.

its a kicker alright the showers are "streeting" in the wind tending to line up behind each other and form an orderly Q one after the other the change in wind direction happening now might break brays duck. if the wind slackens the showers will tend to step out of line again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Dowdy20

snowing heavy again in north Kilkenny now on top of what we got last night.

must be 6inches on the ground now and rising fast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 lara_la

Really heavy now! Hope I can get home :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

wicklowdub wrote: »
    God help anyone trying to get home tonight, its going to be mental. Something building off the mersey estuary, down for the night if it makes it across the Irish sea.
    panning.png

i have an hour walk home tonight,and im actually looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Just a question here people: if it is like this now, what the hell is it going to be like for the rest of the winter?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

wicklowdub wrote: »
    That seems to be the edge of the colder front that has been moving across the north of england earlier....it should create a lot of cloud as it hits the warmer irish sea.......and hopefully some thunder clouds:D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I hope you are right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

No snow now in Lucan, but ominous looking clouds and bitter, bitter cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

some_dose wrote: »
    Just a question here people: if it is like this now, what the hell is it going to be like for the rest of the winter?!?!?!
    Hopefully snowmageddon. Hopefully this front on Friday will be short-lived, things will get Siberian again and the country will be covered til March. Take our minds off Biffo for a while anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

some_dose wrote: »

I don't know anything about weather, but is a cold spell at the beginning of the winter indicative of a winter full of this? :confused: Sure we got a few nice weeks at the start of the summer and then it was crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 martin king

very cold in dublin 13 looks like were in for it :mad:

• Advertisement

Its like nighttime up here pure dark out and bucketting down, people that went out this morning are going to find it very difficult to get home.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement