Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Tomohawk wrote: »
    Nightshift reporting in, Time to make some breakfast in the Kitchen...:D

Morning Tomohawk, how's the big bedpan look in the snow today ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 realslimshady

caseyann wrote: »
    How is Lucan getting away with it :eek:

It won't be for long more, there was a consistent fall there all morning. It's building up again by the looks of those clouds..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Good, dacent, proper, real deal, under the tree at Spar, SNOW, starting to come down again in Lucan Village!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭token56

This is so frustrating, I seem to be right on the edge of the dam streamer, no more than a couple of kilometers more and I'd say it we would be covered in snow. Dam you IOW (shakes fist).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

took some photos todaY on my travel to navan unreal from this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

Pretty much non stop snow here for the past 3 hrs. It's getting dark now and it feels a lot colder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

It won't be for long more, there was a consistent fall there all morning. It's building up again by the looks of those clouds..

Trust me if what i have had all morning is heading your way,you are looking at some nice snow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Snowing lightly in Dunshaughlin again. Definitely not just snow blowing off the roof this time :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 realslimshady

Good, dacent, proper, real deal, under the tree at Spar, SNOW, starting to come down again in Lucan Village!

??? I am up around superquinn noting yet... ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

jimmynokia wrote: »
    took some photos todaY on my travel to navan unreal from this morning

will post them up when i get home if i get home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Streamers seem to be shifting south

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Jaysis lads, I just about got home. One bus away from being stranded in Maynooth, or so it seems. A lot of hullabaloo over twitter, and the snow still isn't stopping.

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

How much snow has fallen in the Firhouse area today? Was already a decent amount on the ground when I left for work this morning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

dacogawa wrote: »

I bet he is crying thats why he ran off camera lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

was getting a nice bit of snow/graupel until the poxy wind changed
    dam you IOM

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Very ominous clouds just to the South of us here in Raheny/Killester , we seem to be in the shadow right now though .Roads are like skating rinks out here:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I hope to **** that my Dad can get home safely?? It's not snowing atm in Palmerstown, but I don't know what its like over the northside where he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭token56

Cionád wrote: »
    Streamers seem to be shifting south

I want them to come northwards :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Jaysis lads, I just about got home. One bus away from being stranded in Maynooth, or so it seems. A lot of hullabaloo over twitter, and the snow still isn't stopping.

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!

RUN FOR THE HILLS......or maybe not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steppes

I hope to **** that my Dad can get home safely?? It's not snowing atm in Palmerstown, but I don't know what its like over the northside where he is.

The roads are very bad here in D9 but it's not snowing and hasn't been since about two, so he should be ok if he takes it easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭ViDuchie

How much snow has fallen in the Firhouse area today? Was already a decent amount on the ground when I left for work this morning...

Word on the street is close to 2 feet. Haven't seen it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 percy100

the road and the footpath are now at the same level. has been constantly snowing now for over an hour, drifting quite a bit too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

token56 wrote: »
    This is so frustrating, I seem to be right on the edge of the dam streamer, no more than a couple of kilometers more and I'd say it we would be covered in snow. Dam you IOW (shakes fist).

I think your mixing your islands up:D. It'd be some effort for the Isle of White to affect our snowfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Steppes wrote: »
    The roads are very bad here in D9 but it's not snowing and hasn't been since about two, so he should be ok if he takes it easy.

The thing is, he didn't drive this morning, he took the bus. Now those services have been curtailed...........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Still nothing in Limerick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Northside seems to have a lot less snowfall - certainly up here we've had very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

There has been no snow in Athlone since early yesterday morning. It's been below zero here all day with clear skies but I just looked out and there are big grey clouds moving in from the east at the moment. Maybe we'll get some snow tonight??? Maybe we're just getting the tail end of that northern streamer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Yeah, just to the south of D5 there is massive black clouds! Literally out the front windows I can see black sky and out the back I can see a clearish one.

That IOM shadow better not act up again like yesterday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

nice somersault from the reporter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement