Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭token56

Rekop dog wrote: »
    I think your mixing your islands up:D. It'd be some effort for the Isle of White to affect our snowfall.

Indeed, my bad, :o

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Cionád wrote: »
    Streamers seem to be shifting south

How far South?

Cork by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Really big streamers hearding for north & south Dublin

OK might just be south but they are really big (giddy like chilld now)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

snow.jpg
    This is heading my way.hopefully there's some snow in there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

csd247.jpg

Some nice lake effect snow from earlier after rolling in from the great lakes. Dumped a shít load. Had a few days break from the snow but it's back again. The top of that lamp is where the snow starts. Gives an indication of how much fell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

heavy snow in newbridge......whiteout!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Coming down heavy again in Newbridge

Temp -2.1

Dp -3.7

Snow of biblical proportions here today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How much snow has fallen in the Firhouse area today? Was already a decent amount on the ground when I left for work this morning...

Just up the road in Stocking Avenue and it hasn't stopped. Probably double what was there this morning. Tried walking to the Woodstown shops and had to turn back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Bumble32 wrote: »
    How far South?

Cork by any chance?

as in South Dublin/Wicklow, but latest radar shows something that could hit all of county Dublin :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

dacogawa wrote: »

how north??? :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

A few patches of blue sky around dun laoghaire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Snow has just stopped on Navan, pretty much non stop for the past 4 hours. Nearly a foot of snow at this stage. F*cked if there is more due tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Very heavy graupel shower here

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

What way is the wind blowing now , anyone know ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Donie75 wrote: »
    There has been no snow in Athlone since early yesterday morning. It's been below zero here all day with clear skies but I just looked out and there are big grey clouds moving in from the east at the moment. Maybe we'll get some snow tonight??? Maybe we're just getting the tail end of that northern streamer...

Yes. We had a couple of flurries and one batch of heavier snow for about 15 minutes about an hour ago. The nothern streamer has shifted further north around lunchtime and allowed us to get a few remnants. Looks like there is one more heading into east Westmeath now on the radar but after that it may be game over today...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Thunder and lightning is back.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ITS THE END OF DAYS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still on and off here in Rathmines. The place is trashed!

DeV

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

where?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

dacogawa wrote: »

OK might just be south but they are really big (giddy like chilld now)
    heading you mean?
    not unless winds have changed back east

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

how north??? :D:D:D

Dont know yet? have to wait till the next radar update but they look like they are pulling in behind the stupid Isle of Man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

percy100 wrote: »
    the road and the footpath are now at the same level. has been constantly snowing now for over an hour, drifting quite a bit too

Oy vey. This needs pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fizzlepurplefuz

Flash of lightning and thunder in clondalkin :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

Cionád wrote: »
    as in South Dublin/Wicklow, but latest radar shows something that could hit all of county Dublin :pac:

What radar are you guys looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I'm going to experience proper snow today, and if I have to go and sit in traffic for 2 hours to get to the southside and back, I'll do it.

Pathetic amounts here. Can we not sink the isle of man, surely it has a plug at the bottom or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

sdonn wrote: »
    I'm going to experience proper snow today, and if I have to go and sit in traffic for 2 hours to get to the southside and back, I'll do it.

Pathetic amounts here. Can we not sink the isle of man, surely it has a plug at the bottom or something?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

wexford town-- snowing again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

sdonn wrote: »

Get the DART to Greystones.
    The place is practically cut off....I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

m2 buoy off howth has wind direction as 30 degrees which i east north east.....its moving more easterly

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Over a foot now in Rathfarnham... must be a record of some sort...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement