Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

M2 buoy has just dropped to -2.0, come on reel it in now :)

Dr. Dodger wrote: »
    What radar are you guys looking at?

The magic Radar :)
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Thunder and lightning in Firhouse. Snowed for about 60 minutes there. Measured 9 inches in the garden before the last batch of snow, I would guess 11 inches or so there now based on looking at the walls or bits of garden that were cleared earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

sdonn wrote: »
    Can we not sink the isle of man, surely it has a plug at the bottom or something?
    as a matter of fact it does, as you can see on the left of one of their webcams here.

http://www.gov.im/tourism/webcam/webcam.aspx?webcam=1

they disguised it as a mini-roundabout, but in the old manx dialect "douglas promenade" actually means "giant plughole". :D

snow seems to have stopped here in navan for now, but there's a lot of nasty looking clouds looming. or maybe its just getting dark. or both. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 teresminor

Just back from college (no chance of our one ever closing!) and 5cm+ added since noon!! Roads are beautiful looking but lethal, good few cars getting stuck. Hope everyone gets home safe, be careful folks!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

903 online, not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

del88 wrote: »
    m2 buoy off howth has wind direction as 30 degrees which i east north east.....its moving more easterly

Thats actually NNE

http://www.windfinder.com/wind/windspeed.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Small clouds here is east Co. Galway but doubt we will get any snow today :( And coming down from Athlone?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Is the southside getting loads of snow ? Those clouds that I see look really mean !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

another major shower brewing for all dublin city and neighbouring areas in the irish sea...

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

this is the first of the stuff that pasted Liverpool in the last few hours and the sea is cooking it up again!!!

premiercad wrote: »
    another major shower brewing for all dublin city and neighbouring areas in the irish sea...

Good jesus. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Anyone remember what grass looks like? I'd rather see a pic of that now instead of the snowy ones.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Anyone remember what grass looks like? I'd rather we a pic of that now instead of the snowy ones.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

premiercad wrote: »

Yup, latest radar images looking very promising for northern half of wicklow and all of Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

a foot in carlow town. never have i witnessed this amount of snowfall here.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

Does anyone else get the feeling something mega huge is gonna happen tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Anyone remember what grass looks like? I'd rather we a pic of that now instead of the snowy ones.

Yeah.

I saw tonnes of it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

could show you my garden right now

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Elnin09

Good jesus. :eek:

Please track east and not miss Leixlip :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

Rougies wrote: »
    Yup, latest radar images looking very promising for northern half of wicklow and all of Dublin

this one looks like braking all shadows out of the water if it keeps goin, appears to be a wind shift too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ahh, i'm supposed to be on a plane from Heathrow to Dublin at 8:45pm tonight...god damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Sonovagun wrote: »
    Cthulhu? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Do those streamers not look like they're heading for South Dublin / Wicklow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 darol15

anything in store for cork?

Sonovagun wrote: »

Touch wood now! no putting the mockers on this!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Proxima Centauri

Massive stuff brewing in the Irish sea, think we're in for a pasting within the hour

Lucan, 2 minutes ago, near eurospar
    IMAG0111.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

That latest band look promising for all us poor souls in north Dublin.

It better stay on its course and not head south at the last moment!!

darol15 wrote: »
    anything in store for cork?

Lots of un-used road salt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭gucciali

just eased off here in Tallaght , no let up all afternoon :D good stuff

just heard schools are closed 'till Monday :eek: not so funny when youre stuck in with three small kids :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement