Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

Massive very dark cloud over my house now, looks like it's night. Been there for ages, nothing happening.

If it wasn't for the blue patches of sky in my back garden I would think that it had just gone dark earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Greystones

Stopped for about an hour but has just started again, quite light flurries but its a bit windy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

If its any good to you. No snow in Shannon, much to the disgust of my son. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Orchard Rebel

wicklowdub wrote: »
    Greystones

Stopped for about an hour but has just started again, quite light flurries but its a bit windy.

Yep, just restarted up the hill here as well.....

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭thebiglewbowski

I think North Dublin is finally gonna get a caking! screw you Isle of Man :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Wow , those streamers out on the Irish sea look huge :eek: Will they stay that way or break up , where are they heading ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pollyos

loads and loads of snow all day, getting low on coal and roads are treacherous........... could turn into The Shining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

Is Cork going to get any snow? We got about 10 minutes of heavy stuff yesterday morning and nothing since.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Well, no college for me tomorrow, guess I'll have to sit up all night with one eye on the radar and one out the window. :cool:

Conditions on the Naas road at lunchtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Yep, just restarted up the hill here as well.....

Must be fun trying to negotiate you way around Delgany.

This was the road out of Charlesland this morning. Resembled a car park:

jaze, I dunno, looks to me like Lucan will be in that shaow corridor again tonight.
    Someone please tell me how wrong I am, and that Lucan will get a foot of snow tonight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Your first post in almost 6 years??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭noanoa

Is Clontarf going to get any more snow? I have been looking at that black cloud for ages but nothing is happening :(
    Looking like its moving away also..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

This snow forum is now like a giant recruitment drive for Boardsies. It's like a magnet!! Welcome to all the new posters and do feel free to have a good look around the rest of the place...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Ali Babba wrote: »
    Is Cork going to get any snow? We got about 10 minutes of heavy stuff yesterday morning and nothing since.:(

not tonight we're not

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Thanks to the 3 men with a blanket pushing peoples cars up north strand!
    They pushed my wifes car up the hill for her :D

Almost 6 years, this one moment; to announce "Screw you Isle of Man" :p

Fair play :) You didnt perhaps forsee these events?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Jake1 wrote: »
    jaze, I dunno, looks to me like Lucan will be in that shaow corridor again tonight.
    Someone please tell me how wrong I am, and that Lucan will get a foot of snow tonight. :)
    I'm in Lucan so my view is obviously slanted. However, it looks to me at the latest part of the current Met Eireann radar piece that the latest big one is going to push our direction. I think we're at the edge of the corridor, so it won't take much to make sure we can't even open our front doors tomorrow. :D

Please God, if you just do this one little thing....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

noanoa wrote: »
    Is Clontarf going to get any more snow? I have been looking at that black cloud for ages but nothing is happening :(
    Looking like its moving away also..

The blob in the Irish Sea should hit all of county Dublin and Wicklow, give it about 2hrs
    http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Snow has stopped in Lucan for the time being.
    Bracing myself with crisps, beer and wine for the "event" tonight. :D

(I've just hexed it, haven't I?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

The latest National forecast has a more general snow forecast for Leinster and other areas.

Current Forecast:
    Wednesday, 01 December 2010 16:24
    Today
    Very cold this evening and overnight with widespread ice. Further heavy snow showers over much of Leinster and parts of east Munster also, with some scattered thunderstorms. Some snow showers over Donegal also, but mostly dry elsewhere with just a few flurries. Some pockets of freezing fog are possible also. Visibilities will be very poor in fog and snow. Lowest temperatures -2 to - 7 C., but as low as -10 C., in a few places.

I think Rain Today is having a shít fit. UPDATE GOD DAMN IT!

Probably hasn't seen this much traffic in a long time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

snow stopped in blackrock/stillorgan at last

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Well we have about 3 and a half inches all together and some very ominous looking clouds.
    2vwbu3o.jpg
    Writing in the snow is hard, its all solid ice under the first inch! But hi everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Heroditas wrote: »
    Snow has stopped in Lucan for the time being.
    Bracing myself with crisps, beer and wine for the "event" tonight. :D

(I've just hexed it, haven't I?)

go touch wood now, no jinxing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

I think Rain Today is having a shít fit. UPDATE GOD DAMN IT!

Probably hasn't seen this much traffic in a long time :D

Its gone into meltdown

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Just thinking about the people that have to make a commute home this evening. Say a prayer for them and hope everyone makes it home to their families, its going to be very tough on some people and what should be a short safe journey, is going to be a long dangerous one. Keep the speed down guys and leave plenty of distance to the car in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭diamondgirl

I'm in Lucan so my view is obviously slanted. However, it looks to me at the latest part of the current Met Eireann radar piece that the latest big one is going to push our direction. I think we're at the edge of the corridor, so it won't take much to make sure we can't even open our front doors tomorrow. :D

Please God, if you just do this one little thing....

Im in Lucan too,over on tesco side. The cars cant get up or down the hills, as usual no grit on the road. Wheres all the salt that were ment to have ! I can only imagine the place in the morning it will be mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭thebiglewbowski

Cionád wrote: »
    Your first post in almost 6 years??? :eek:

Ha yea i couldnt remember the p/w for my old username so i checked a few emails and found this one :D thought ide join in the chat.

Temp is dropping slowly again for the coastal regions, i dont think tonight will be a repeat of Monday's dissapointment for us along the coastal north dub. but with high LI and similar win dir, we almost have perfect conditions for a nice storm :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement