Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Waterford: i just drove from Tramore To waterford Airport, to pick up someone, it was treatrous, i was so scared, i thougth the car was gonna slide everywhere, luckily they gritted some of the roads, i had to take the long way, as the other road was closed, Current conditions: Heavy snow again right now, And snow everywhere!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

deise_girl wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story with Waterford is?
    Any more snow? :)

Yup more on the way near white out conditions in south Kilkenny half an hour ago very rough out

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

premiercad wrote: »
    radar looks like a shower just heading your way now?? more dunmore direction
    dacogawa wrote: »
    yep, some on the way soon
    Cheers lads! :)
    Blizzard in Waterford city at the moment. That will probably be the last shower for a few hours.

Live Data and Webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

Hope Tramore gets some more of that!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Next couple of hours could be interesting for Dublin

8.00pm
    A09.png?1291222949861

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

WEB_radar_201012011700.gif

still coming east, come on!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Any chance Dublin Bus will be back running today? Called several taxi firms, none of them are operating.

Not a chance. Traffic wise, I've been in my car for the last 2 hours trying to get out of Parkweest and managed to drive 2km so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Just took me 2 & a half hours to get from Town to D11. Roads are in an awful state. Esp. Dorset St.

Advise for anyone thinking of going out.

DON'T. Stay in...

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Turlock

pa99 wrote: »
    There was a good link to all the traffic cams during the week. All the M50 major junctions.

Anyone have it handy. Considering the off for work :confused:

http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

An absaloutely crazy a mount of snow has fallen here today, over a foot now in places! Relentless blizzard conditions all day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Mate txt me to say connolly station is chaos, people arguing getting onto trains etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Dont know who told you no snow in lucan. Im in lucan and its been snowing on & off all day. :)

Sorry it was from here i seen people asking most the day when Lucan is going to see snow.......actually plenty of posts going back through them. Must have been parts that missed out. Please forgive me.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

pa99 wrote: »
    There was a good link to all the traffic cams during the week. All the M50 major junctions.

Anyone have it handy. Considering the off for work :confused:

There is traffic details on the following...

http://routes.tomtom.com/?Lid=25#/map/?center=53.4%2C-8.31&zoom=5&map=basic

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

What's the story with rain today ? Anyone know if that streamer is heading for Dublin ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Wind speed will reduce slightly over Irish sea in coming few hours aiding convection, But I think the wind is against us again in North Dub for this next band.
    ukwind.png

Good for Waterford though ???? Similar to last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    An absaloutely crazy a mount of snow has fallen here today, over a foot now in places! Relentless blizzard conditions all day

Nothing personal, but I hate you.

All flights Heading into Waterford Airport, are been Diverted to Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

What's the story with rain today ? Anyone know if that streamer is heading for Dublin ?

yep it'll hit Dublin, potentially followed by a bigger shower. Check the metoffice radar:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

• Registered Users Posts: 15 overeager

Anyone know if cars are getting up the hills at rathfarnham rd (coming from terenure) and the Grange rd???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

df1985 wrote: »
    Mate txt me to say connolly station is chaos, people arguing getting onto trains etc...

That's probably cos everyone is panicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

afraid trains will stop as well

• Advertisement

The situation in Waterford/Tramore Is just Tretrous, Its unreal, just wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nothing personal, but I hate you.

Right now I'd gladly swap. It's chaos out there, got to be a foot and a half of it lying now.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

The lufthansa crowd stuck at dublin airport are getting impatient....

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

patneve2 wrote: »
    yep it'll hit Dublin, potentially followed by a bigger shower. Check the metoffice radar:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

Does Dublin include North County Dublin?

Please say yes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dave_ireland

How's it looking for the Athlone area tonight lads? I have me fingers crossed all day for a couple of inches!

Anyone know what the north east are to expect overnight?

Want to head out in the morning about 7am or so, to get some nice snowy photos. Great amount of snow in Drogheda today, but I left it too late to take photos. It's dark now. :(

Anyone in the know care to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭thebiglewbowski

Good for Waterford though ???? Similar to last night.

I would be optimistic if you give it a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

129072123695583725.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

Anyone know what the north east are to expect overnight?

Want to head out in the morning about 7am or so, to get some nice snowy photos. Great amount of snow in Drogheda today, but I left it too late to take photos. It's dark now. :(

Anyone in the know care to share?

hey Mr? A quiet word, just want you to know, it does be dark at 7am too! ;) tell no one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Gonna leave Templeogue to go to dinner in town at 7.30, am I mad?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement