Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Just short heavy showers here, seems to pile up against itself when it hits land, inland if it makes sense. Toasty warm fire though here so its grand :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

I too have Boards overload, and humbly beg, is it supposed to snow for the whole night? or is there a break later?

Sorry, but it IS hard to keep up.

Edit :)
    Just finally got thru to the radar site :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    Holy ****, hail the size of skittles coming down in D12, it actually hurts standing in it :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I know...my living room rug is covered with them after they came down the fireplace bouncing out...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Looks like the north side of dublin will be getting the snow for the next hour or so.

we're missing everything at the minute. no thunder no snow no nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 percy100

soccerc wrote: »
    Since it started snowing all my missus has done is look through the window.......

If it gets any worse I suppose I'll have to let her in.

I'd say youre great craic at parties:p

serious amount of coverage in firhouse now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

LID wrote: »
    I know...my living room rug is covered with them after they came down the fireplace bouncing out...:)

I'm in the attic at the moment, sounded like the velux was getting pummeled with stones :eek: went outside and ended up running back in like scared little kid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Massive hail shower in Malahide right now. Feels like the world sending with the lightening in town thrown In too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

ragg wrote: »
    Coming down nicely in donaghmede..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Mmmuffin

That thunder and lightening actually freaked me out slightly!

This is a photo I took looking over the M50 before I almost got frozen to death.
    137615.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Woiooo little hail flying down now.. aky seems fogged up. pray it stays going :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Anyone know if there was lightning in Cork city at around 7:30 this evening?

Any more snow for Cork? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Is there a temp. rise? The snow on my car is thawing.

D15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

del88 wrote: »
    Coming down nicely in donaghmede..:D

The main southern streamer that was hitting the southside today seems to have shifted north. Some big snow showers moving into cc and northside

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Gorey still getting it too

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

Annoying, isn't it? According to the radar we should be seeing something. I'm in Swords and there's just a few flakes every now and again. Those showers are flirting with us - I hope they 'put out' later. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

soccerc wrote: »
    Since it started snowing all my missus has done is look through the window.......

If it gets any worse I suppose I'll have to let her in.

Love it - hate to be your missus though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭matc66

I've had thunder and lightning in D7 for the last hour, only bits and pieces of snow/graupel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Calibos wrote: »
    I am embaressed to admit this but I have a major case of 'sour grapes' goin on atm.
    On the East Coasts biggest snow day in 23 years Bray Seafront area accumulated 1 inch of hail/ Graupel combo in a half hour shower at 10am. The resulting slush has 'soaked' up what little 2-3 minute showers of hail and graupel we got on and off the rest of the day. ie. Our slush got bulked up. We have had about 30 minutes total in showers today whereas Greystones on the other side of Bray head about 2 miles away has had 30 minutes without falling snow today. Bray has been under a gap in Cloud Streams all day long.

What we have is enough to be massively inconvenient to people but not enough to be worth a play in nor is it aesthetically pleasing to look at.

If this is all Bray can hope for for the rest of this cold period then I would prefer it were gone.

PS. I recognise that as an adult this level of sour grapes and frustration and resultant bad mood and snappyness all because I didn't get the types or amounts of snow I wanted is symptomatic of addiction and I will soon be seeking professional help. :D

Calibos - where are you in Bray... seriously the town is a write off, the gardai issued an avoid bray alert earlier, half the streets in the town were impassible, roads snow packed solid & horrendous snow all day long.. If you are looking for snow to fall literly on the sea front i cant see it happening but 2 min up the road there is tons & tons

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Wibbler wrote: »
    Annoying, isn't it? According to the radar we should be seeing something. I'm in Swords and there's just a few flakes every now and again. Those showers are flirting with us - I hope they 'put out' later. :)

it's like a summers evening here in Lusk :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Still bucketing down in Newbridge

Temp -2.7
    DP -4.1

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Gorey still getting it too

and carrickmines...we just got battered there for a while but only saw one round of lightening and thunder...skys are clearing now

any more due tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    I'm in the attic at the moment, sounded like the velux was getting pummeled with stones :eek: went outside and ended up running back in like scared little kid :D

Were you hiding up in the attic??!! :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

snowing in Swords now, a light shower though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Bloody*Mary

Pelting down in Swords...FINALLY :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Back snowing in Blanchardstown

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

Im on the seafront in Bray myself, gonna go
    check out the town a bit further from the coast.
    Guess it makes sense all the slush around here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Ginny wrote: »
    snowing in Swords now, a light shower though.

Looks like the next big blob is heading your way

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

After a few false alarms looking more promising now in Donabate but still not that heavy

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

the boy doesnt finish work until 10.30pm tonight in swords, any idea what the M1/M50 are like at the moment ?

there is nothing on AA

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement