Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

This whole thing is stop/start.

Don't be surprised to find a new couple inches in the morning.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Its looking like the Irish sea might be winding down for the night. The 20:30 radar doesnt seem to have much forming further out to sea near the isle of man..one big shower coming in over Dublin on it tho!

The Dublin radar has gone offline at 20.30, thats why there's nothing to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

Its looking like the Irish sea might be winding down for the night. The 20:30 radar doesnt seem to have much forming further out to sea near the isle of man..one big shower coming in over Dublin on it tho!

the next radar update will tell a lot if its settling down really hope its not because if it stops god only knows when it will start back up again

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭davemc6832

I'll have to do a timelapse out the window. Pow right in kisser!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Snowman10

does rain today use the dublin radar cuz its the same on their site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Nothing but a graupel shower every hour or so here in wex town even though the radar has us under constant precipitation :rolleyes:

Still 4 inches on the ground so not that annoyed but would be nice to look at all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

But is missing the piece that was there at 8.15. Strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

The dog is refusing to move, asked him if he wanted to go for a walk and he just looked at me tilted his head, sighed and went back to sleep.

House is roasting, he likes his creature comforts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

DOCARCH wrote: »
    The Dublin radar has gone offline at 20.30, thats why there's nothing to be seen.

will that apply to raintoday.co.uk? same feed?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭diamondgirl

Where? Barely a few flakes up Finnstown direction.

im over at tesco, il blow some ur way, lol iv had enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Monkaa wrote: »

I saw that earlier and was crying laughing and at least no one was hurt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

the 20.45 sea radar update is starting to look very quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

looks like its game over for arklow:( had a graupel shower at about 12pm and thats all:eek: what a major let down:rolleyes:

Seems like a major thaw on out there:cool: dripdripdripdrip:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Where? Barely a few flakes up Finnstown direction.

Adamstown has seen snow on/off every half hour almost

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

Monkaa wrote: »

I actually laughed as loud as the guys taking this!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Very heavy snow in Kells right now and sticking.

About time too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Gremlin

Look at the sat pics.

http://www.sat24.com/gb

Does look like the convective activity is dying down at least for the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Toby_2010

zero snow in limerick... tis birrrrrrrr however!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭gucciali

Dowdy20 wrote: »

no sound on this when i play it . this happen to anyone else ? thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

will that apply to raintoday.co.uk? same feed?

Yes, but it often goes offline for a little and will (hopefully) be back soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭diamondgirl

Dont wish a stop to this snow yet;) I'm still waiting patiently for the first snowflake. Somehow doubt It'll come though.:(

aww i know, its lovely to look out at, but have my daughter here whos not well at all, was a nightmare trying to get to the doctors on monday. Hope she gets better, otherwise il be diggin my way back to the docs or hospital tomarrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

A worrying rain/hail mix now in Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

gucciali wrote: »
    no sound on this when i play it . this happen to anyone else ? thanks

Airport is closed, no planes to direct

• Registered Users Posts: 37 burren

meteoalarm.eu now shows red alert for all Ireland :confused:

map.php?iso=euro&data=0&type=0&rnd=1291237421

Red:
    The weather is very dangerous. Exceptionally intense meteorological phenomena have been forecast. Major damage and accidents are likely, in many cases with threat to life and limb, over a wide area. Keep frequently informed about detailed expected meteorological conditions and risks. Follow orders and any advice given by your authorities under all circumstances, be prepared for extraordinary measures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Man it going crazy here in Dublin..huge hail not Oaklomhna style but really building up the inches.thunderstorms as well.I can honestly say I have never seen this much snow..and more to come!!
    I have a pizza and a chicken bake and some stuff in the Freezer..me thinks me should had gone shopping..my early morning post of wheres the fecking snow nows sounds laughable
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

pasting down in donaghmede....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Metroalarm doesn't distinguish regions within a country.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Cabra

ragg wrote: »
    The dog is refusing to move, asked him if he wanted to go for a walk and he just looked at me tilted his head, sighed and went back to sleep.

House is roasting, he likes his creature comforts

I'm with the Dog!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

burren wrote: »
    meteoalarm.eu now shows red alert for all Ireland :confused:

map.php?iso=euro&data=0&type=0&rnd=1291237421

Are you sure thats not an economic warning map?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Now getting a decent fall of snow on the Meath Cavan border near Virgnia, its been a long wait today....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement