Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

DFS UTD wrote: »
    Having read through endless pages - I'm confused!

I've read Gerry Weatherman says -12c and clear
    I've read probably a lot of rain
    I've read it could be epic!

Can someone tell me whats in store for south Dublin tonight /tomorrow morning.

Confused!!

To be fair he said none of those things for south dublin.

-12 was for tomorrow night
    Rain was moving over from the west tomorrow. As it met the cold air over ireland it would turn to sleet and then snow. (Snow mainly over the east of the country)
    The whole weather situation is epic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

smokin ace wrote: »
    for the time being the best is nearly over but there is a very small bit building in the sea but will it build is the thing only time will tell lets hope so

I Believe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Kayly wrote: »
    Anyone know if its bad along motorway from laois to naas or road from naas to Clane? Need to travel earlyish tomorrow but not looking forward to it one bit...:eek:

Naas to Sallins was terrible at 4pm today. Haven't been on the road since but we've had a lot of snow since then. I'd tune in to kfm early on tomorrow for a better idea of the road conditions. Think from 7 am on they'd be on giving reports. My feelings would be stay at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭bicardi19

map.php?iso=euro&data=0&type=0&rnd=1291237421
    Ireland in the "Red"
    Like to the tune of 86 billion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Lucan has gotten some serious snowfall tonight. Roads are completely covered in 4 odd inches of snow with not even a sign of the road surface below. For anyone approaching Lucan Village from the Superquinn/N4 dual carriageway, best completely avoid the village as vehicles cannot get back up the hill on the road between Courtney's and the N4 flyover beside Esker Church... Two vehicles are currently stuck on the hill up towards the N4 junction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

for the time being the best is nearly over but there is a very small bit building in the sea but will it build is the thing only time will tell lets hope so

Picking up on the 21:45 even more, I really do believe :)

& the M2 buoy has dropped to -2.3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

wicklowdub wrote: »
    Likely precip between 10.00pm and midnight around Dublin:

10.00pm:
    A13.png?1291239420830

Then around midnight:

A17.png?1291239420830
    i see an old hagh with a big nose laughing at the Irish sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 richers86

Snowing pretty steadily here in Dungarvan, at last. Let's hope it sticks around a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Judging by the 21.45 RainToday update, the Irish sea looked like it just had a little break and is now possibly picking up and building streamers again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

dacogawa wrote: »
    Picking up on the 21:45 even more, I really do believe :)

yes i see its building i really do hope it keeps building and building and building and building

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I'm supposed to be heading to Newbridge on Sunday. I wonder what are my chances? I'll keep an eye on your updates pistolpetes11 if you don't mind.;)

not a chance at the moment , but im always on here giving updates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

wicklowdub wrote: »
    Likely precip between 10.00pm and midnight around Dublin:

10.00pm:
    A13.png?1291239420830

Then around midnight:

A17.png?1291239420830

Hope you're right, thats smack bang on where I live :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Saw this on meteoalarm

"Very icy overnight and tomorrow. Further heavy snow showers also, mainly in the esat of the country."

Denis O'Brien is getting his own back for the Tribunals.

PS Still no snow in Shannon. What have we done:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

Gah! Throwing in the towel and heading to bed. Had a good shower of gruapal here in north west Swords a good while back, but that's been it all evening. Looking quiet out there.

Hoping for something special from Friday. Hopefully the front will deliver where the showers have failed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

yes i see its building i really do hope it keeps building and building and building and building

...and building and building and building and building and building...

Translation: More snow please :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

bicardi19 wrote: »
    [IMG]http://www.meteoalarm.eu/map.php?iso=euro&data=0&type=0&rnd=1291237421[/ Ireland in the "Red" Like to the tune of 86 billion.[/img]

170 billion actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

snowing still in carlow...hasnt stopped really all day. the ground is starting to look very high!!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Caitriona

Nead21 wrote: »
    snowing still in carlow...hasnt stopped really all day. the ground is starting to look very high!!

I know what you mean, we haven't had all day snow here but when you look out the window it still feels oddly as if the house is sinking.

(I'm still trying to log off and go to bed, I just can't help checking things one last time - over and over again...)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

Well, there is a small thaw going on here, snow is steadily dripping from the roof and the temp in my garden is reading +3c with a stiff easterly breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fizzlepurplefuz

Starting to get clear skies here! :eek: :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    ...and building and building and building and building and building...

Translation: More snow please :D

yes it still building on the 21.45 radar :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

-3 here by cork airport. no snow all day just stupid sun :( any sign of any snow comin to the south?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

This is a lovely distraction from the economic shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sparedog

Starting to snow again in Stoneybatter.:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Part of the deal with the IMF.

It's a bitch to riot in a snowstorm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Totally agree, nice to have the weather as the first story on the news/newspapers instead of politicians and doom and gloom being forecast :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Depths here are approaching 35cm - most since 91':D:D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

yes it still building on the 21.45 radar :D:D

Ok ok ok, I'll open another bottle of wine and continue stare out the window like a gob****e. Christ you're persuasive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Aye....but Cowen has just introduced a snow tax. Twenty six cent per snowflake ( within your household boundaries )..i would not mind, but one of my cats is called "Snowflake" and the fecker is charging for that as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

snow blizzard here now in north kk,been snowing all evening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement