Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    Ok ok ok, I'll open another bottle of wine and continue stare out the window like a gob****e. Christ you're persuasive :D

I'm still on bottle number 1, but have number 2 on standby :D

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

This is a lovely distraction from the economic shambles

It is yeah, even if it's costing us a lot of money to half cope with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

10:00 radar looking good, looks heavy. I hope it pulls in that bit from the tip of Wales as well

The 10:15 will tell all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,901 ✭✭✭patrickc

i dont think its stopped snowing for any more than hour all day today in Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Judging by the 21.45 RainToday update, the Irish sea looked like it just had a little break and is now possibly picking up and building streamers again! :)

Ooh yea !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭superhooper

Whats with the Met Eireann radar that tracks yellow/blue blobs until they reach the cork/ Waterford border and then they disappear. Surely West Waterford can't be getting that much snow!!

Anyone got any ideas??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Rain in Lucan :mad::mad::eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

-3 here by cork airport. no snow all day just stupid sun :( any sign of any snow comin to the south?

Haven't you learnt anything, they or the snow dont care about us in the south:(

• Registered Users Posts: 46 krrh

snowing again in clondalkin, dublin 22

are we going to have it on and off all night?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,901 ✭✭✭patrickc

bassy wrote: »
    snow blizzard here now in north kk,been snowing all evening.

what part are you in? I'm supposed to be working in KK tomorrow but doubt I'll travel juding by tonight/today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

dacogawa wrote: »
    10:00 radar looking good, looks heavy. I hope it pulls in that bit from the tip of Wales as well

The 10:15 will tell all

Agreed.

May be a little further south than the recent snow that went to the northside.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

MORE SNOW! COME ON! HIT ME! AAAGH!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

This is a lovely distraction from the economic shambles

There is a silver lining in every cloud :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Haven't you learnt anything, they or the snow dont care about us in the south:(

hairy japanese bastards :(

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Caitriona

THUNDERSNOW IN LOUTH :eek: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

(now I'm glad I didn't go to bed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

crap, keep it away from here. Please and thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Mmmuffin

Jeeez, I'm developing a crick in my neck from looking out the window, stupid floor to ceiling window. I think I'm addicted to snow. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

seen some small drifts in places in Waterford :D

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

snowing away here in enniscorthy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Dont see any in the village yet and would be surprised if there was, tis freezing out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Starting to get clear skies here! :eek: :(
    clearing here too and hopefully stays clear. If it stays cloudy temps will be remain around 0 to +1 giving a slight thaw, if it remains clear temps will go below -5 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Whats the update for Dublin for the rest of the night ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

patrickc wrote: »
    what part are you in? I'm supposed to be working in KK tomorrow but doubt I'll travel juding by tonight/today

18 miles north of kk city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Dont see any in the village yet and would be surprised if there was, tis freezing out!

Definitely rain. Latest reports from Casement (not too far away, and usually colder than us) say temp 0/dew point 0 which is an increase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Just thinking about the people that have to make a commute home this evening. Say a prayer for them and hope everyone makes it home to their families, its going to be very tough on some people and what should be a short safe journey, is going to be a long dangerous one. Keep the speed down guys and leave plenty of distance to the car in front.

Unlike that poor old man missing two days and died in car from exposure they believe,,and that poor old man who fell out checking his livestock.

If you see anyone stuck stop or ring police everyone.God rest them both and condolences to their families and friends.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭crowther15

Im sick of the Thundersnow!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Kept me up the past 3 nights!!! Why does it keep happening!?! Anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Snowed in, no one went on my road today, several inches of snow fell today. Some water pipes for cattle are frozen, took hours to defrost the milking machine, stopped sending milk to the creamery as there is no hope of getting milk collected or delivered to a place where it could be collected.
    Can't sell cattle and it won't bloody well stop snowing or freezing...

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

jimmy.d wrote: »
    snowing away here in enniscorthy

no snow in wex town :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

crowther15 wrote: »
    Im sick of the Thundersnow!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Kept me up the past 3 nights!!! Why does it keep happening!?! Anyone know?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thundersnow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Heyes wrote: »
    Whats the update for Dublin for the rest of the night ?

More of the same basically. more showers pepping up on the irish Sea now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement