Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Snowing in Athlone.

Showers are definitely pushing further inland tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭zara100

Snowing hard in North Tipp for the last 40mins or so :D
    I am in North Tipp no snow here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Those streamers seem to be fading out IMO...let's face it they've been going for over 24 hours now - surely can't last much longer. Seriously hope I'm wrong though ;)

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

the best is yet to come look to the east ...few hours...imagine when all this stuff melts..serious floods..wonder how many inches of rain have fell

• Registered Users Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭ongarite

Its graupelling again in Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭nisior

I'm not condoning this at all but me and a mate went down to the car park in the graveyard where there's some ice and did some hand brake turns on it....most fun I've had all year :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Mmmuffin wrote: »
    Had a bit of a snow shower there now in Leopardstown area.
    This poor guy has been trying to get up the hill by Bewleys Hotel for hours now.
    137664.jpg

Trick is wait till he gets tired of it, abandons the truck and then liberate whatever is inside:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

zara100 wrote: »

Very light snow in Borrisoleigh here

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

Snowing hard in North Tipp for the last 40mins or so :D

Plenty here in my bit of North Tipp, and still coming down hard....sorry if you're missing it, maybe its on its way to you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bud10

Snowing now in north tipp/ offaly border for past 20 mins, did'nt have anything worth talk about before this in the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

City Centre hasn't seen much of anything in the past hour or 2. Kinda depressing. For years we get nothing in the city at all, then once I move to the CC, the suburbs get slammed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Trick is wait till he gets tired of it, abandons the truck and then liberate whatever is inside:pac:

20 illegal immigrants and six pallets of inflatable paddling pools !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

This poor guy has been trying to get up the hill by Bewleys Hotel for hours now.
    137664.jpg

With all them wheels you'd think at least one of them would be able to get a bit of purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Snowing again in Kilkenny. Teeny flakes but lots of them. :D

The Donegal postman has this to say:
    Postman delivers his chilling verdict: icy blast to last for weeks -- or months

Wednesday December 01 2010

Michael Gallagher, who accurately predicted the current big freeze three weeks ago, said the outlook for the coming weeks was for little change.

"The signs were very bad back then and I'm sorry to say there is very little change. I have never seen animals and birds so agitated," he said.

The 62-year-old, who has been delivering post in Donegal's Bluestack Mountains for more than 40 years, said that the only possibility for brief respite would come with the new moon on Sunday night.

"This will either make or break it. If a change doesn't come then, we will be looking at least at the next full moon two to three weeks from now," he said.

Michael observes the movements of insects, birds and animals in the wild to make his predictions, and cannot remember snow settling so early in the year.

"The signs are very bad. There's nothing out there that makes me feel happy. Everything is very agitated out there. There is a wild hunger which is making the foxes, blackbirds, deer, everything, come closer to the people. That's always a bad sign," he added.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

rathcabbin i guess ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Look what SE England is getting on the raintoday radar ! Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Hope you gave him a push!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

No must be a specific little cloud over MissLockharts House, I used to have one of those, took years to shake it off! :D:D:D

Thankfully didn't last long - stopped about 10 mins ago, but was rain and I am concerned about the increased temp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    Ok ok ok, I'll open another bottle of wine and continue stare out the window like a gob****e. Christ you're persuasive :D
    Bottle of wine helps snow enjoyment...
    This is a lovely distraction from the economic shambles
    I said the exact same thing to my brother earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

20 illegal immigrants and six pallets of inflatable paddling pools !

I presume that truck is leaving the country so? Doubt there's much of a problem with illegal immigrants trying to get into the country these days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

irish1967 wrote: »

Pretty impressive looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

137664.jpg

Ahhhhh would ya not give the poor bloke a push?!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

got a great tip of an old man today on how to get your car out of the driveway in the snow (or if you get stuck in the snow) - put cat litter under the tyres and make a track out of your driveway with the cat litter, your car will come out no probs :)

I can confirm it works as i tried it, my car has been in d driveway since sunday morning so there was ice and snow on the driveway, got car out no probs :)

So i have 4 bags of cat litter in my boot incase i get stuck somewhere:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

4Sheets wrote: »
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

the best is yet to come look to the east ...few hours...imagine when all this stuff melts..serious floods..wonder how many inches of rain have fell

i hope your right about the best yet to come
    the sea is starting to bubble up nicely at the moment and i really really hope its not rain

Bast*rds!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

that would be brilliant to get here

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭zara100

Plenty here in my bit of North Tipp, and still coming down hard....sorry if you're missing it, maybe its on its way to you :)

Ehhh lads.......... Are the temps rising slightly??

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

I'm predicting snow to start again in Dublin circa 2230 hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

I'm predicting snow to start again in Dublin circa 2230 hours...

2330hrs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dollydishmop
    Plenty here in my bit of North Tipp, and still coming down hard....sorry if you're missing it, maybe its on its way to you

thanksabout time we got a nice flurry

there be no school in portumna tomorrow ;):)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement