Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Shane732 wrote: »
    Ehhh lads.......... Are the temps rising slightly??

Thaw in D15

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

can some of the snow experts give there thoughts on whats bubbling up in the irish sea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

I'm predicting snow to start again in Dublin circa 2230 hours...
    25 minutes ago??

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

bit of a late prediction seen as its now 2255!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

23:30 you mean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Ehhh lads.......... Are the temps rising slightly??

They did that yesterday though and it looked like it was thawing and then we got a tonne of snow all of a sudden.

smokin ace wrote: »
    can some of the snow experts give there thoughts on whats bubbling up in the irish sea

Snow lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

2330hrs?

No - he saw the snow outside, was hoping everyone else was on boards, decided to make the comment about 22:30, everyone turned around to look out the window and he now looks like a genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

still flurries but thaw on in dublin 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

Snowing in Athlone.

Showers are definitely pushing further inland tonight

which athlone are you in? Cos there its not snowing in the athlone I live in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

irish sea defo bubbleing up again,dont think it will just be south dublin looking at 22-30 run on raintoday radar IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

no more snow in navan yet since this afternoon. was expecting to be re-snowed under again by now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

is it rain bubbling up in the sea or is the fluffy white stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

I hope you guys are right about the temps.... if not this could seriously fu*k the whole thing up!! The last thing we want is bloody rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

I presume that truck is leaving the country so? Doubt there's much of a problem with illegal immigrants trying to get into the country these days!!

If it's leaving the country wouldn't suprise me to find a pair of Brians in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

20 illegal immigrants and six pallets of inflatable paddling pools !

GARY!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Agent_47

vibe666 wrote: »
    no more snow in navan yet since this afternoon. was expecting to be re-snowed under again by now. :(

Don't know where you are mate but there is at least 2 inches of it on my car since I got home at 5pm. Sky is cloudy and am expecting more in Navan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

4Sheets wrote: »
    http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

the best is yet to come look to the east ...few hours...imagine when all this stuff melts..serious floods..wonder how many inches of rain have fell

Probably not as much as you'd think. The rule of thumb is that 10 inches of dry powdery snow like what we've been getting is equivalent to 1 inch of rain.
    Wet sticky snow is about 5:1 or less.

http://www.theweatherprediction.com/habyhints/346/

smokin ace wrote: »
    is it rain bubbling up in the sea or is the fluffy white stuff

Pretty sure it will fall as snow.

Some warming going on but only right at the coast as far as i can see.

Anywhere inland is still minus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭nanu nanu

delw wrote: »
    irish sea defo bubbleing up again,dont think it will just be south dublin looking at 22-30 run on raintoday radar IMO

Yeah, two frames causing hassle for me on the site, but check the 22:45:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:!!!!......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

GARY!! :D

I was thinking of that when I posted - great when you find someone on your wavelength...! Classic Episode

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

just watching the Uk news now, they have so much better snow than we do. That's a real country over there. Was kinda hoping with the bailout, than now we're owned by Sweden, Britain and Germany our snow levels would be better. Ah well. Maybe the money hasn't been lodged yet. Still, graupel hitting the windows here in Goatstown, so maybe the money is on the way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

Are you sure? :) It was here and its not far from navan

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

kenmc wrote: »
    just watching the Uk news now, they have so much better snow than we do. That's a real country over there. Was kinda hoping with the bailout, than now we're owned by Sweden, Britain and Germany our snow levels would be better. Ah well. Maybe the money hasn't been lodged yet. Still, graupel hitting the windows here in Goatstown, so maybe the money is on the way too.

ah, ya not really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Was snowing in Navan just a couple of minutes ago..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Been snowing in Waterford City for most of the evening. Stopped for a few minutes but has started again now as heavy as ever. Looks like we still might get a few more streamers tonight,

Temp -2.2 DP -2.9 More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

nanu nanu wrote: »
    Yeah, two frames causing hassle for me on the site, but check the 22:45:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:!!!!......
    I don't get it - everything looks like it's quietening down to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jules88

Hate this snow, wouldnt be so bad if i was warm haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

nanu nanu wrote: »
    intresting :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

I don't get it - everything looks like it's quietening down to me...

What site is this???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement