Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

daisling wrote: »
    west wicklow - does anybody know if it is supposed to get much worse on friday ? Snow is great but have about 2.5 - 3 foot now not counting drifts. If the snow is going to continue at this rate i need to hike to the shops tomorrow to stock up on food. up to knee this evening and snowed solid since. Starting to get cabin fever

I would not leave it too late.

Not looking great. Could be lots of snow, or lots of rain. But sure to be one of them.

Rain is due to move from the west on friday but may fall as sleet or snow as it meets the cold air in the eastern part of the country.

Check the forecast on here in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭chatjunkie

tony1212 wrote: »
    I want snow in Limerick, does anyone here know if we will get it here, thanks.

I hear you Tony and second that question!!! Please someone give us good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Chip Ralston

Ginny wrote: »
    thank god, we've finally got snow now today not just grapual.
    *Edit*
    The Grapual has started again, pouring down the chimney again!!!

Wouldn't mind that. Bolt of lightning blew half a chimney stack off in dublin 6 at about 8 this evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Heavy snow and graupal here now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Grupel falling here in D4 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

tony1212 wrote: »
    I want snow in Limerick, does anyone here know if we will get it here, thanks.

snowing now here in Thurles - I reckon it's on it's way West!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭cabot

Really want some good snow in Bristol, we only got a light covering on Monday which has all gone. Looking at raintoday it looks like we should get some in the next hour or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Temp updates for 23.00

Dublin Airport : -1 (down from 0)

M2 buoy has shot up to 4.5/0.5 though.

Where I am in D15 I've seen no evidence of thaw.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just measured 4 inches of snow on my car roof parked in the driveway,it was bare 2-3 hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Some forecast :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jules88

dacogawa wrote: »
    LEAVE NOW!!!

shut it you lol, i do like the snow, i only hate it at the moment because i cant get too work....i need money uknw, it is christmas! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Wouldn't mind that. Bolt of lightning blew half a chimney stack off in dublin 6 at about 8 this evening!

Wow. Where abouts?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

KevIRL wrote: »
    Mental, there's been some snow in Ferrybank this evening but nothing like that. Clear starry sky now as well

Yeah it was snowing like this in Ballybeg for most of the evening, really crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

went for a walk round leixlip with the dog, some amount of snow sitting where it hasnt been touched, coming right up over my boots. stopped for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭thebiglewbowski

stucy wrote: »
    Why isn't swords gettin hit with a load of snow :mad:Like we have a little but not much.

Isle Of Man
    is the culprit :D seriously. Wind direction has meant that the streamers that have been caking leinster with snow have been blocked in north dub direction as we live in a convective shadow caused by IOM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

It could be just me from walking around warming up but it feels not as cold as earlier. I did hear some water dripping down pipes as I was walking past houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭daisling

Waiting for forecast on rte 2 and have to sit through all this economic stuff. Don't they get that the weather is of more interest to people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭nanu nanu

south England blob doubled in size!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

gurramok wrote: »
    It could be just me from walking around warming up but it feels not as cold as earlier. I did hear some water dripping down pipes as I was walking past houses.

That's our blood dripping down them pipes..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

OK - I've not been drinking I swear - Just went for a lampost check and what can only be described as a Ninja on a bicycle went speeding down the road at approx 30mph which is pretty damn fast on a normal dry road. He was swathed from head to toe in black with just his eyes showing. There are some mad fcukers out there. :eek:

Its the milk tray man, he has to get around somehow in the snow:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Thats normal. Just the heating within the houses causing snow/ice on the roof/gutters to melt a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

nanu nanu wrote: »
    south England blob doubled in size!

would you love to have that over here because i know i would

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Still freezing up the road here in Killester and the thermometer in my garden hasn't changed :)

Though maybe garden has it's own microclimate - I really don't have a clue !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

cabot wrote: »
    Really want some good snow in Bristol, we only got a light covering on Monday which has all gone. Looking at raintoday it looks like we should get some in the next hour or two.

I think you're going to get pasted by snow for a few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

LookingFor wrote: »
    Temp updates for 23.00

Dublin Airport : -1 (down from 0)

M2 buoy has shot up to 4.5/0.5 though.

Where I am in D15 I've seen no evidence of thaw.

I'm D15 and the snow is melting of the car outside!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Looks like the northside is gonna get a beatdown within the hour, yipee!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭bloopy

Earlier today.
    Inistioge, South Kilkenny

jWdbj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Looks like the northside is gonna get a beatdown within the hour, yipee!

Bring it on !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

won't take much of a wind chance to have that blob hit cork/wexford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Speak Now

The Irish weather stations right on the east coast are all showing posistive temps so there's a slight thaw there alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement