Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Pretty big chucking down of the oul graupel* in my patch of D14 at the moment. Temps down locally too.

*It's rare I learn a new word, even rarer a useful one, but thanks to this forum I did a while back. Graupel. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Hah, Isle of Man shadow still in effect for this stream:eek:

Heading from Howth southwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

typical .... all we have to talk about is the fecking weather :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

dacogawa wrote: »
    I think you're going to get pasted by snow for a few hours

have to agree its nice big blob that should give a nice dumping

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Warming up in Swords, and not a cloud in the sky right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

won't take much of a wind chance to have that blob hit cork/wexford
    looking at that looks good id say it will fizzle out doh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

NORTH1 wrote: »
    I'm D15 and the snow is melting of the car outside!

Weird! I'm in south D15. Had another look to be sure, but there's no change here.

Hopefully these 'blips' are temporary :\

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭cabot

dacogawa wrote: »
    I think you're going to get pasted by snow for a few hours

Dont wanna go to bed now till it hits.

Found this map if there are any UK people here, just a map based on twitter posts about snow, follows the radar quite well.

http://uksnowmap.com

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Was anyone in an off licence earlier ? The queues were out the door in my local one , remember what's important people , the beer and the wine :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

i just saw a big blue flash in the sky over cork, im looking east from the southside of the city,i didnt hear any thunder though!
    i assumed some snow was on the way but according to the map on met.ie there is nothing anywhere near cork,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Wibbs wrote: »
    Pretty big chucking down of the oul graupel* in my patch of D14 at the moment. Temps down locally too.

*It's rare I learn a new word, even rarer a useful one, but thanks to this forum I did a while back. Graupel. :D

what is graupel :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Snowing here in Kildare too...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭cabot

Keep up, I googled it 3 threads ago lol

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

The Irish weather stations right on the east coast are all showing posistive temps so there's a slight thaw there alright.

Yeh yeh , but what are the DP's man ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

2qk4u wrote: »
    Was snowing in Navan just a couple of minutes ago..
    i was out driving around until about 6:30 and aside from a few little tiny (very tiny, not even really worth a mention) flurries there was nothing much to speak of.

i drove up behind the willows to balreask (and towed a stuck UPC van up the hill) and we stopped for supplies at the supervalu there on the trim road near the new Lidl and then back down the hill there past where they have the friday market and home to johnstown and there was only the odd tiny bit every now and again (again, nothing even worth mentioning) while we were out and i can't see anything new since then and i've been looking out of the window regularly looking forward to seeing another big blizzard but there's been feck all. :(

just checked the car and there's nothing new on the bonnet since we got home, although there's still plenty on the roof which has been there since this morning. my footprints are still out on the lawn as clear as they were when i made them at around 6:30pm too.

maybe i just have some sort of anti-snow forcefield or something surrounding me this evening. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

She's a ROIDE.......RTE weather girl that is :)

Snow has stopped here now (navan)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

lol, ein ist ein wort auf deutsch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Snow has stopped here now (navan)
    where are all you other navan people getting all this snow from? :confused::(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

cabot wrote: »
    Keep up, I googled it 3 threads ago lol

Same as ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

Am in Belfast currently - Malone Road clear, dry, no snow at all, tiny tiny bit of ice, average November night.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Chip Ralston

Eglinton wrote: »
    Wow. Where abouts?

Near cowper luas stop. Looks like a rocket hit it

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Yeah it was snowing like this in Ballybeg for most of the evening, really crazy stuff.

The city still getting snow? Tramore's snow has been only real light, slushy stuff the last 2 hours :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

bladebrew wrote: »
    i just saw a bit blue flash in the sky over cork, im looking east from the southside of the city,i didnt hear any thunder though!
    i assumed some snow was on the way but according to the map on met.ie there is nothing anywhere near cork,

Ye on http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ ya can see the big " docker " of a cloud out in the sea... imagine that one goin for ya!? ha

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

The Irish weather stations right on the east coast are all showing posistive temps so there's a slight thaw there alright.

They have been like that most of the day .

DPs are still negative I think

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

vibe666 wrote: »
    where are all you other navan people getting all this snow from? :confused::(

Im half way between navan & Kells.

Another 2inchs today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

They have been like that most of the day .

DPs are still negative I think

Petes right (do you mind if I call you pete ? :))

DP is still low, radar 23:30 looks good, the dacogawa stream is coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

lol, ein ist ein wort auf deutsch!!!

ja, ein ist ein wort auf deutsch, sicher. danke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Hah, Isle of Man shadow still in effect for this stream:eek:

Heading from Howth southwards.

Yeah and just missed me. I can see snow falling just down the road :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

think Dunshaughlin and surrounding areas is done with the snow for the night, were well in the middle of the isle of man shadow today and it's grip has goten worse tonight, about a inch of snow since 9am this morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement