Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

kenmc wrote: »
    ja, ein ist ein wort auf deutsch, sicher. danke

please people we speak english here

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

snowin quiet heavy now in south tipp...........

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

bladebrew wrote: »
    i just saw a big blue flash in the sky over cork, im looking east from the southside of the city,i didnt hear any thunder though!
    i assumed some snow was on the way but according to the map on met.ie there is nothing anywhere near cork,

Get out the rosary beads and pray.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dave_ireland

Had a light fall for about 10-15 mins here in Athlone, hope its the start of more to come! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

smokin ace wrote: »
    please people we speak english here

Not for long :(

• Advertisement

Yeah and just missed me. I can see snow falling just down the road :(

get a bucket and spade and run down and get some:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

robbie_998 wrote: »
    typical .... all we have to talk about is the fecking weather :pac:

Tiz a lot better than talking about the stinker of an economy that we have right now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

Bumble32 wrote: »
    Get out the rosary beads and pray.

I went 2 the church hoping for it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭daisling

great :rolleyes: eastern leinster getting it again tomorrow. I am going to have to brave it first thing and get supplies. So I figure based on what is on here and what the Met are saying I need enough food to do until Wednesday right? Anybody want some of my snow lots to go around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

windy/heavy graupel in D4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

tinkerbell wrote: »
    Tiz a lot better than talking about the stinker of an economy that we have right now! :D
    I'm afraid I gotta agree with that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

guys from cork, did any one see a blue flash of light around a hour ago over the city?? i thought i was seeing things. but now i'm curious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

daisling wrote: »
    great :rolleyes: eastern leinster getting it again tomorrow. I am going to have to brave it first thing and get supplies. So I figure based on what is on here and what the Met are saying I need enough food to do until Wednesday right? Anybody want some of my snow lots to go around.

But which Wednesday ? :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

She's a ROIDE.......RTE weather girl that is :)

Snow has stopped here now (navan)

Cracking alright !

Em on a weather front still snowing here

Temp here -1.4

DP -2.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Heavy snow and graupal here for last half hour. EPic

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭cabot

I'm afraid I gotta agree with that

Yeah, there's time enough for that next week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

deise_girl wrote: »
    The city still getting snow? Tramore's snow has been only real light, slushy stuff the last 2 hours :/

Was snowing like that for hours this evening, huge fluffy flakes, about 10 inches now since yesterday. Its stopped now but there should be more on the way looking at the radar. I guess Tramore being on the coast hurt the quality of your snow there.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

Just got the fright of my life in Waterford, thought it was raining.
    On closer inspection, it was hail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Southern England looks like it's taking a fair bashing!

Had a light fall for about 10-15 mins here in Athlone, hope its the start of more to come! :D
    It didn't even get to cross the Shannon this time, looking at the radar, it just runs out of snow by the midlands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I have come up with a hypothesis and think that Portmarnock does better from a NNE rather than a NE or E. Straight E is blocked by IOM, while E can be scuppered abit by Angelessey. A NNE feed pushing down the north IOM streamer is the preferred option, this is what happened on Saturday night when the showers just brushed the coast and dropped 4 inches. Infact on the grass you can see the layers if you chop in. Alot of snow thawed during Monday but not on the grass, you have your now 3 inches of compact snow from Saturday and 1-2 inches of fresh stuff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

pp_me wrote: »

Yeah when i heard something come down the chimney i thought WTF, checked temps -1.9c dp -2.7c then checked outside and yeah it was hail :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

pp_me wrote: »

On Friday morning Waterford should be getting some nasty cold rain... :o

Yeah when i heard something come down the chimney i thought WTF, checked temps -1.9c dp -2.7c then checked outside and yeah it was hail :)

Yeah, please ask the weather gods not to do that again.

I have come up with a hypothesis and think that Portmarnock does better from a NNE rather than a NE or E. Straight E is blocked by IOM, while E can be scuppered abit by Angelessey. A NNE feed pushing down the north IOM streamer is the preferred option, this is what happened on Saturday night when the showers just brushed the coast and dropped 4 inches. Infact on the grass you can see the layers if you chop in. Alot of snow thawed during Monday but not on the grass, you have your now 3 inches of compact snow from Saturday and 1-2 inches of fresh stuff.

what do you think of the current stream bubbling up in the sea at the moment

Dont mind the charts, its going to snow in Waterford we are far enough in.

MT said snow so i'll go with him ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Balls! That IOM shadow is deepening and could possibly push the showers just shy of the northside. :(

Winds - go east!!

All thats getting me by tonight is the hope of snow and Whitesnake.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

will we get that snow in london?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Snowing again in Arklow. Heavy enough but not as heavy as earlier. Temp 1C. And it's stopped before I even finished writing this post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement