Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MY CAR (NISSAN MICRA) WAS STOLEN!!!!!! :(

• 01-12-2010 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24

PLEASE can anyone tell me if they see a 2000 LIGHT GREEN NISSAN MICRA 1.0 LT(5 door)
    It was stolen from my house in Ashleigh Court, Castleknock Last night!
    ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm surprised anyone would want to steel a car in this weather conditions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

Check under the snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

A registration number would be handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Well if the roads are anything like this, check down the road :D

Hope you get it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

check opposite your driveway, especially if there is a ditch. Handbrake may have failed, and it rolled away.
    Optional bonus points if it is in a snow drift!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭hairyman

People can have nothing these days,,:mad:!
    Its a horrible feeling waking up to find out your car is gone.
    Best of luck, and I hope you find it in good condition,,:)

Post up the registration and noticeable points about the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 Striker10

It's light green, Nissan Micra- 00WW9590. Thanks for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Can't imagine they got far in this weather..
    Good luck getting it back anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Look around for an abandoner rwd merc or bimmer.. Thats your culprit!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sealgaire

Who would steal a Nissan Micra!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

sealgaire wrote: »

that's what we are hoping to find out :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ImportGunner

Have you checked your BIN !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

sealgaire wrote: »

The question is who would steal a Japanese Import Nissan Micra which can be stolen with a toothpick :D

Hope you get it back OP but these cars are a target for theft as they are so easy to rob, if only stiffer sentencing could deter them a man could leave his car anywhere he wants and not worry about it.

Have you checked your BIN !!!!

Plenty of smart arsed funny men,,:mad:

Not one of you taking into consideration that somebody has had their car stolen this close to Christmas.

Have Any of you ever had a car stolen?
    Its a horrible feeling regardless of what type or how old the car is.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

I hear the Gards are good at finding stuff you might want to give them a tinkle ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

people steal them for no reason , one of my mates got a free micra (same year county and colour actually..... ) it belonged to his aunt , the battery was dead, alternator and water pump were f*cked too, and half the key had snapped in the ignition barrel, we had to cut the steering lock and ignition off it to move it , and we put it outside his apartment and locked it, it stayed there for a week then was stolen. dont know what ever happened it or how they got it anywhere but it was never found and no burned out cars in the area for a few weeks after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I hear the Gards are good at finding stuff you might want to give them a tinkle ;)

It only happened lastnight. Give them at least a week to turn up like...

Thanks for your help and advise. Gards are found a car today with totally damaged at Clondalkin area. I'm not sure how Insurance company works out as I bought 3200 euros 2 years back and did not travelled much. Replaced 4 new E-mark Tyres, Wipers, Batery, serviced and NCT passed 2 months ago. I would be appreciated any advise. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Striker10 wrote: »
    Thanks for your help and advise. Gards are found a car today with totally damaged at Clondalkin area. I'm not sure how Insurance company works out as I bought 3200 euros 2 years back and did not travelled much. Replaced 4 new E-mark Tyres, Wipers, Batery, serviced and NCT passed 2 months ago. I would be appreciated any advise. Thanks

With totally damaged what?

The insurance company won't care what you bought the car for, or what you replaced or bought for the car while you had it, they'll give you their list price for it that's it.

So, never insure your car for more than what it's realistically worth. Same goes for your house. You can insure that for whatever you want, and the insurance company will be happy to charge you a premium accordingly, but when it comes to a claim they won't pay out more than rebuilding cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

hairyman wrote: »

Not one of you taking into consideration that somebody has had their car stolen this close to Christmas.

I agree and my mam has one of them, grand dependable, durable little car. Really sorry to hear that OP and I hope you get it back or your insurance at least sorts you out .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cooper s

A oo micra has N.A.T.S which i dont think an average joe will get over it and as for your insurance they wud probadly allow you close to 1500euro which is a little over the current price of them also put in for loss contents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Yes, and it was also a Micra.

I actually have had a car stolen, its only a car not the end of the world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

fonda wrote: »

You picked the wrong forum to say such words! Wash your mouth!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭doOh

fonda wrote: »

Good, now u got rid off that can which during crash crashes u from every side O_o buy Lexus ;)

doOh wrote: »
    Good, now u got rid off that can which during crash crashes u from every side O_o buy Lexus ;)

????????

doOh wrote: »

Mother of god!!

At least make an effort,,:p

After waiting for 4 days after calling my Insurance (Wrightway underwriting ltd), I was told that my car was taken to a free storage location and I should hear back for an estimate on Monday or tuesday.

I had insured the car for 3200 euros and it was a spot less beautiful car with about 80,000 KM.

Would anyone advice if they know anything about this Wrightway underwriting Insurance ?
    How much can I expect ?
    What happens if they pay me very less..Can I refuse or appeal ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Someone above already told you, you will get the current list price for that make/model/year. 10 year old micra is likely to be less than €1500

No response yet from Insurance company. Which is the best one to buy preferable Automatic ( not Nissan anyway which is easy to steel) budget is around 3500 euros, appreciate your ideas. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Have you tried ringing them yourself ???
    Have a look at carzone.ie and get the average price for the same car you had.
    You WILL need this to argue with the insurance company when they make an offer.

By the way, don't rule out another micra. Very reliable car and should be factory-fitted with an immobiliser.

I'm ringing everyday..they are saying there are so many backlogs and need to wait some more days. I submitted all documents (Car registration book, Garda report form, Theft claim form and keys) as they requested.

Advertisement