Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete tools on the roads!

Options
  • 01-12-2010 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭

Well we're only after getting snow for the past 2 days and already I have seen 3 accidents on the crossroads just outside my house. 2 of these were only minor collisions but the latest one was just unbelievable!

Some tool in a done up fiat punto actually tried to drift around the corner and crashed sideways into a street light! His car looked like it was in an awful state and I can only say I'm delighted that cocky twat will have to pay a sh!tload to get it fixed :D

So has anyone else seen any dumb drivers getting what they deserve on the icy roads so far?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

Pricks in jeeps! nuff said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

The guys in 4 wheel drives need to stay much further back. They’ve been up my arse most of this week and not in a good way!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Some tool in a done up fiat punto actually tried to drift around the corner and crashed sideways into a street light! His car looked like it was in an awful state and I can only say I'm delighted that cocky twat will have to pay a sh!tload to get it fixed :D
    Good. Hope the car is totaled. Why? Because if that had been a pedestrian, they would have killed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dunlucewarlock

haha, my sentiments exactly. He'll also have to pay for the traffic light repair. See these morons all the time round my way driving like dicks in their supe'd up pieces of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I was suppose to be buying a new car this week so I could at least have the opportunity to be one of those tools but now I have to walk to work like a responsible sucker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 danieljm

alot of that crazy driving but people are being over cautious too. following a car for 20 miles going no more than 10 miles an hour and making me half an hour late is ridiculous when no need of it. :mad:

there's being careful and taking the biscuit....rant over! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

almost had a run in with one of these clowns. went to the chipper last night, its about a 3 min spin, but it took me at least 15 to get there. i drove less than 5 k/ph. some tool overtook me. completly insane when he took the roundabout. he just lost control completly and ended up on the footpath. i wound my window down as i slowly drove past, and said "have a safe trip home"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Can anyone here say that they are surprised by the standard of driving on irish roads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Some stupid W**ker in a Zafira drove straight through a red at the tallaght M50 round about in front of me last night.. the light had gone green for me a good 10 seconds.. every other car stopped fine.. He just flashed his lights and waved his hands like a mad man as he drove through..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

haha, my sentiments exactly. He'll also have to pay for the traffic light repair. See these morons all the time round my way driving like dicks in their supe'd up pieces of crap.

The one good thing about the recession is that there are sweet feck all of them on the road now.

That and the more stringent NCT I suppose. But young fleahs haven't the money to be bombing round in jammers any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

saw some lad on a moped today driving way too fast. he WILL fall off.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

What pisses me off is the there have been so many accidents and yet nobs are still turning around going 'I know its snowing and you have to go slower and be more carefull but some people just take the piss when driving in it' quoted from fb from a friend.

Have heard a couple of people complaining about 'slow' drivers its like ffs they are been smart about it and driving safe!!

a car was flying down a hill beside mine last night I had to jump out of the way as the D*** hit the curb and came up onto the footpath! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Some stupid W**ker in a Zafira drove straight through a red at the tallaght M50 round about in front of me last night.. the light had gone green for me a good 10 seconds.. every other car stopped fine.. He just flashed his lights and waved his hands like a mad man as he drove through..

Didn't you know? Traffic lights and stop signs are optional during snow (more so than usual)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

People are driving way to slow in my opinion. Aul one in front of me doing 15kph on a clear and gritted road with no snow on it. ffs its not that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

FatherLen wrote: »
    saw some lad on a moped today driving way too fast. he WILL fall off.

I'd love to be there to point and laugh at him when he smashes himself off the ground.

People are driving way to slow in my opinion. Aul one in front of me doing 15kph on a clear and gritted road with no snow on it. ffs its not that bad.

So what? I drive slow because I crashed last year in this weather. So if you’re behind me and I’m driving slow, tough fúcking shít!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

My girlfriend crashed this morning going at about 5mph. shes still a bit shook, especially because it was literally watching a crash happen in slow motion. Fair play to her, she's gone out again though. practice makes perfect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

+1 on the jeeps & 4x4s.

My bus was at the bus stop, and there's a solid white line to stop people overtaking. A car pulled up behind the bus.
    A jeep crossed the solid white line and overtook the car & bus, while the bus was pulling away from the bus stop. Impatient idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Kiera wrote: »
    So what? I drive slow because I crashed last year in this weather. So if you’re behind me and I’m driving slow, tough fúcking shít!

Now lads if ye are not able to drive about 15mph (town), 20-25mph minimum ojn open untreated roads in that weather, walk. Ye are a hazard to yourselves and to other motorists. There is no excuse for driving too slow. You have to maintain a reasonable pace, some other fella went to the chipper at 5kmph. I walked into town yesterday at an average foot speed of 6kmph.

Those speeds are too slow for the conditions, too slow for hills too slow to prevent a car skidding. You need sufficent forward momentum to maintain control of a car, if you are not confident to do so, walk or use public transport or take a snow day. Ranting about people driving fast is absurd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

danieljm wrote: »
    alot of that crazy driving but people are being over cautious too. following a car for 20 miles going no more than 10 miles an hour and making me half an hour late is ridiculous when no need of it. :mad:

there's being careful and taking the biscuit....rant over! :p

Ah ya can't be too careful I reckon. I'd be driving quite slow myself I think if I was driving. But those drivers should pull in and let people pass them....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

On the M9 this morning there was no salt or grit, just one rough lane cars had made through the snow. 2 articulated trucks with foreign regs overtook a few cars as well as myself in the other lane which was fairly unfit for driving in. They threw up a ton of snow and mad visibility 0 for a few seconds. The recklessness was unbelievable. There was no way they could even see if there were cars alongside when they pulled back in. I know they have more traction than me but my corolla isn't going to jackknife or crush another car.:mad:

Now lads if ye are not able to drive about 15mph (town), 20-25mph minimum ojn open untreated roads in that weather, walk. Ye are a hazard to yourselves and to other motorists. There is no excuse for driving too slow. You have to maintain a reasonable pace, some other fella went to the chipper at 5kmph. I walked into town yesterday at an average foot speed of 6kmph.

Those speeds are too slow for the conditions, too slow for hills too slow to prevent a car skidding. You need sufficent forward momentum to maintain control of a car, if you are not confident to do so, walk or use public transport or take a snow day. Ranting about people driving fast is absurd.

If you dont want to be stuck behind someone going slow then get the bus or walk like you did.

There is every excuse for driving slow on some of the road out my way!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Busses and taxis are also driving too close and too fast IMO.

Worst though was last night, waiting to turn right at a set of lights. Lights go red for the oncoming traffic, the guy in the first car starts flashing me and sticks on his hazards, I think "Grand, he's coming up the hill, doesn't think he can start on the hill/stop in time, so I'll let him go". Next thing, the two fncking knobs behind him stick their hazards on and keep rolling. So I let one extra guy go but then moved forward to signal that "I'm going next" and the other guy jammed on and I went.

Some people seem to think that because you can't see road markings or because you don't fancy stopping, you can ignore the rules of the road. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Look at this complete tool I saw on the road earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

If you dont want to be stuck behind someone going slow then get the bus or walk like you did.

There is every excuse for driving slow on some of the road out my way!

No. There's only two excuses for driving at ridiculously low speeds in this weather;

1. You don't have winter tyres fitted.

and

2. You don't know how to drive properly in icy conditions.

In my opinion, these are the people who should be walking & taking the bus as they are just as dangerous to other drivers as idiots speeding & doing dangerous overtaking.

No. There's only two excuses for driving at ridiculously low speeds in this weather;

1. You don't have winter tyres fitted.

and

2. You don't know how to drive properly in icy conditions.

In my opinion, these are the people who should be walking & taking the bus as they are just as dangerous to other drivers as idiots speeding & doing dangerous overtaking.

Wrong!

You have no idea what kind of roads I am driving slow on! My estate is like an ice rink so yes, I am going to drive slow. I’m not some idiot who’s going to do 10km on a gritted road!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

You should drive at a speed the conditions determine, 25mph= 40kph is way too fast for untreated roads, though I'm sure you'll find that out for yourself fairly shortly.

Wrong!

You have no idea what kind of roads I am driving slow on! My estate is like an ice rink so yes, I am going to drive slow. I’m not some idiot who’s going to do 10km on a gritted road!

If you knew how to drive properly in icy conditions, then you wouldn't have crashed last year, regardless of how icy the roads were.

If you knew how to drive properly in icy conditions, then you wouldn't have crashed last year, regardless of how icy the roads were.

You have no idea what happened so that's an idiotic comment! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

You have no idea what happened so that's an idiotic comment! :rolleyes:

I don't - but I would bet that not having the right tyres on your car was a contributing factor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement