Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost of travel to the antipoles

Options
  • 01-12-2010 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

so my flights are finally booked! :D

since i won't be flying for a while after my escape, i decided to get myself on an A380 because, apparently, they may be more comfortable. And i wanna fly on a a380 :). I was surprised though that there was a significant gap in the price of tickets for normal long haul flights, and flying jumbo style! I would've imagined that the crafts ability to hold a few more passengers would've kept the prices a bit more competitive, but they were all much more expensive. Anyone else found the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

They are not more comfortable. They are too quiet. You can hear conversations, they dont have the sleepy hum of your average 747.
    They may hold more people, but they havent given you any more room that is for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

Jumpy wrote: »
    They are too quiet. You can hear conversations, they dont have the sleepy hum of your average 747
    oh well, I do just want to see what they like anyway. besides, that's what ear plugs and headphones are good for :) is there more place to stretch the legs anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Try and get an upstairs window seat as there is a handy side locker to stick your laptop and stuff into...also there is a bit more elbow room.

Advertisement