Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NXT Season 4 - Rookies and Pros revealed...

• 01-12-2010 11:40am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'll admit that these details are taken from another board and collected by someone else <_<
    Johnny_Curtis.jpg
    Name - Johnny Curtis
    Real Name - Jonathan Curtis
    Age - ???
    Height - 6'4"
    Weight - 245 lbs
    Hometown - Boston, Massachusetts
    Background - Was trained by Killer Kowalski and Bill DeMott
    Titles Won:
    FCW Tag Team Titles
    NCW New England Title
    NCW Tag Team Titles
    PLW New England Title
    PWF Northeast Tag Team Titles
    PWF Northeast Heavyweight Title
    SCCW Lightweight Title
    Previous Gimmick(s) - N/A
    WWE Pro - R-Truth

Byron_Saxton.jpg
    Name - Byron Saxton
    Real Name - Bryan Jesus Kelly
    Age - 29
    Height - 6'0"
    Weight - 230 lbs
    Hometown - Burke, Virginia
    Background - Was a reporter & anchor at WJXT News in Jacksonville, Florida.
    Titles Won - USCW Heavyweight Title, SCW Tag Team Titles
    Previous Gimmick(s) - Former ECW commentator
    WWE Pro - Chris Masters

Brodus_Clay.jpg
    Name - Brodus Clay
    Real Name - George Murdoch
    Age - ???
    Height - 6'10"
    Weight - 375 lbs
    Hometown - Concrete Jungle, California
    Background - N/A
    Titles Won - None
    Previous Gimmick(s) - G-Rilla in FCW
    WWE Pro - Ted DiBiase

Jacob_Novak.jpg
    Name - Jacob Novak
    Real Name - ???
    Age - ???
    Height - 6'6"
    Weight - 250 lbs
    Hometown - Kent, Washington
    Background - N/A
    Titles Won - None
    Previous Gimmick(s) - N/A
    WWE Pro - Dolph Ziggler

Derrick_Bateman.jpg
    Name - Derrick Bateman
    Real Name - Michael Hutter
    Age - ???
    Height - 6'1"
    Weight - 220 lbs
    Hometown - Willoughby, Ohio
    Background - Teamed with Chris Cronus for a squash match on Heat in 2006
    Titles Won - FCW Tag Team Titles
    Previous Gimmick(s) - Was in a Men in Black like tag team in FCW
    WWE Pro - Daniel Bryan

Conor_OBrian.jpg
    Name - Conor O'Brian
    Real Name - Ryan Parmeter
    Age - 30
    Height - 6'5"
    Weight - 286 lbs
    Hometown - Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Background - In 2007 he and girlfriend Krissy Vaine (who appeared on Smackdown once) requested their release due to family problems.
    Titles Won:
    CCW Tag Team Titles
    CCW Heavyweight Title
    DSW Heavyweight Title
    FSCW Tag Team Titles
    FSCW Heavyweight Title
    GCW Heavyweight Title
    KPW Heavyweight Title
    MPW Television Title
    NWA Sunray Heavyweight Title
    Previous Gimmick(s) - Roughhouse O'Reilly, Payne
    WWE Pro - Alberto Del Rio

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

This has me wondering.. What happened to all the other Rookies from season 2? I mean, we have Riley with Miz, Bryan as US Champ and Husky and Hennig in Nexus, but where did the rest go?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Denny M wrote: »
    This has me wondering.. What happened to all the other Rookies from season 2? I mean, we have Riley with Miz, Bryan as US Champ and Husky and Hennig in Nexus, but where did the rest go?

Was Bryan not part of Season 1, arriving with the Nexus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Kaval is on Smackdown. And Daniel Bryan was season 1, not season 2 Other than that, probably released or sent back to FCW. With 8 competitors per season and seasons only lasting about 2-3 months, it would completely overload the roster if they were all kept.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Gah, I meant to say Kaval, dunno why I was thinking of Bryan..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Chris Masters as pro?:D It makes sense as after all he is one of the biggest draws the WWE HAVE.:)

Clay from all accounts is AWFUL, Otunga/ Khali awful =, but even worse:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

they went back to fcw, lucky cannon has been in a feud with the fcw general who doesn't like him and she keeps booking him in 2 on 1 matches, cottonwood starting tagging with the equally tall jackson andrews upon his return to fcw but andrews is now tagging with brodus clay, titus o neal tagged with the now gone shad

if that list is correct interesting to not see mason ryan there, he must be very close to being ready for the main roster as of now, can see him getting a huge push as soon as he lands on either raw or sd

Rjd2 wrote: »

Clay from all accounts is AWFUL, Otunga/ Khali awful =, but even worse:eek::eek:

otunga and khali in same sentence :confused:

clay is much more athletic than khali, does a mean suplex too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The lack of Black, Steamboat, Creed or Alex Koslov is disappointing.

The lack of Black, Steamboat, Creed or Alex Koslov is disappointing.

being on nxt might be more of a hindrance than a help, we all know what black and creed can do anyway so having them do silly promos where they talk about paint or mountains and running around obstacle courses isn't going to improve their bit especially given that the show doesn't even air on tv now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

rossie1977 wrote: »
    otunga and khali in same sentence :confused:

clay is much more athletic than khali, does a mean suplex too

Fair enough, all the stuff I read up on him was very poor. I will watch a few episodes of NXT (on fastforward) and see myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Heard good things about Johnny Curtis and that Byron Saxton is a much better heel wrestler than he was a commentator. Might be a fun enough series.

I'd imagine Mason Ryan will go straight for the top similar to the push Sheamus got when he went to Raw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Conor O' Brian sounds like heshould be playing win forward for Longford Slashers or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

flahavaj wrote: »
    Conor O' Brian sounds like heshould be playing win forward for Longford Slashers or something.

He's one hell of a promo :eek::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,981 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Considering who some of the pros are should be very interesting

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Is it just me or does does Danielson's rookie Derrick bateman look like this guy after bulking up a bit:

hot_rod.jpg

think the two of them will work well together with the apparent sense of humour bateman is displaying and Cole will be full on heel against the pair which could lead to Bateman getting some TV (in the stes as NXt doesent make TV there) exposure as a result on Raw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Conor O'Brian use to be known as Ryan O'Reilly. Unfortunately he's not this guy.

1044214079_reilyRyan1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Jolt2007 wrote: »

Well..
    That was.. strange.
    I hope this guy is good or its going to make all them titles look like nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bateman is the only guy I recognise. I remember watching him and thinking he looked promising in the ring but I think I saw him in a segment with Aksana and his mic skills weren't the best. Looks like he has potential but the name they gave him sucks. I'm pleased he has Bryan to work with - also that Bryan and Cole are once again on the same show.

Oh and I'm very happy that Kaitlyn won. :D

Source
    WWE's official listing for season 4 of NXT lists Rookie Jacob Novak with his Pros Vickie Guerrero and Dolph Ziggler. Here's the updated roster for season 4:

* Brodius Clay with Ted DiBiase and Maryse
    * Byron Saxton with Chris Masters
    * Conor O'Brian with Alberto Del Rio
    * Derrick Bateman with United States Champion Daniel Bryan
    * Johnny Curtis with R-Truth
    * Jacob Novak with Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It was funny how Brodus Clay was billed as the 'world's biggest suplex machine' and Michael Cole noted how someone - aka Taz - wouldn't be too pleased about it. See below (the person who uploaded it thought he was referring to Angle):

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Jacob Novak has a good look. Reminded me of Mr. Perfect at first glance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Ridley

I stopped watching the Diva season after a few weeks but looking at the results, the best three qualified in my insignificant viewer opinion actually got through to the end. Thought AJ or Kaitlyn should have won and considered Naomi to at least be getting a reaction.

Of what I've seen of the Season 4 guys (watching Bateman/Del Rio right now), I like most of them with the exception of Clay - who is filling the role in my head of big World of Sport Gian Haystacks style wrestler who I'd be surprised of ever getting a WWE main eventing gig in this day and age - and Johnny Curtis who I keep forgetting about.

Not seen enough of their actual wrestling to judge on anything but presence/character. Like that all of them are easilly definable one way or another: Tall Ziggler, Homoerotic Guy Wrestling in his Underwear, the Rat, the Fat One, the Commentator and "Oh, Yeah, That Guy..." ;)

Want Saxton or Bateman to win but kinda wish that Michael Cole (or Striker) was Saxton's pro to further annoy the internet, and wish Bateman would put on a pair of pants. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Ziggler's pro looks like a cheap imitation of the same.

The winner of WWE NXT this season will get to team with his WWE Pro for a shot at the WWE Tag Team Titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Christ the 'reward' for winning gets worse each season. Next season's winner guarantees themselves a release from WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The winner of WWE NXT this season will get to team with his WWE Pro for a shot at the WWE Tag Team Titles.

Derrick Bateman needs to win this now!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Garseys wrote: »
    Derrick Bateman needs to win this now!:D

I agree, he is the most entertaining, good on the mic and just looks like he fits!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Pentecost wrote: »
    Christ the 'reward' for winning gets worse each season. Next season's winner guarantees themselves a release from WWE.

It's not even on TV stateside iirc so tbh its kinda understandable that the reward is lessoned.

Jacob Novak was eliminated
    and there wont be another elimination for two more weeks.

• Advertisement

I agree, he is the most entertaining, good on the mic and just looks like he fits!

His spontanious chest bump with Bryan who was in the middle of talking to him was brilliant.

1:34

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Bateman, Clay and Curtis could all slot in well on WWE TV quickly.

I wasted a vote on Bateman that could have went to keeping the rat guy. :(

Chris Masters kicking out of Saxton's awesome jaw/shoulderbreaker thing and inverted-Zig-Zag-front-russian-leg-sweep-facebuster-whatever type move at one counts was a bit :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Hopefully Clay will get voted out next. The Guy is just painful to watch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I love his season of NXT.

Mainly because the rookies and pros seem to be having so much fun. Dolph is cracking me up, during this weeks match with Saxton ans masters it was Funny to hear him shouting the masterlock should be banned. Th him getting the white "towel" out as soon as the masterlock was locked in. Later on as Maryse makes her way down the ramp he makes the call me gesture.

The turd ferguson remark from was Bateman and the pros reaction was great.

I don't know how the WWE Universe could eliminate Byron Saxton either. :( Liked the leaving speech though. I'd be happy with Saxton just reacting to any of the goofy stuff Bateman does.

The Ziggler heckling was just drawing attention away from the Clay/Curtis match, awesome Zack Ryder shirt or no awesome Zack Ryder shirt.

What was in the show that needed a From The Vault segment to fill time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Ridley wrote: »
    What was in the show that needed a From The Vault segment to fill time?

There was a challenge where the rookies had to guess the prices of various items off wwe.com. It had to be cut because of UK advertising laws

Endaaaagh wrote: »
    There was a challenge where the rookies had to guess the prices of various items off wwe.com. It had to be cut because of UK advertising laws

Was it better than it sounds?

Ridley wrote: »
    Was it better than it sounds?

It was meh...The best part was when Bateman guessed an item was worth over $34000..can't remember what it was ..it was either the book "History of the WWE championship" or the WWE kids magazine.
    Clay ended up winning

Brodus Clay, Derrick Bateman and Johnny Curtis left

I hope Bateman wins

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Brodus Clay, Derrick Bateman and Johnny Curtis left

I hope Bateman wins

So do I (although I'd like Saxton back on TV asap aswell), his "submission exhibition with pinfalls legal" match with Bryan was good.

• Advertisement

Bateman= Future World champ:D

Hooray Bateman accepted my friend request so I'm pals with a WWE employee. :D For chicks and America obviously. *does lap*

http://www.facebook.com/SweetDBateman

He'll take anybody.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Is anyone surprised? It's so obvious that wwe are fixing the results.

As Bateman said himself, he was the most popular across the internet.

And come on, having a talk the talk challenge in clay's hometown.

I hope Bateman will have a great future in WWE despite not winning

I think it will be Curtis win and team with Truth for a tag title match

I'd say that Bateman has a big future in the WWE..the guy has bucketloads of charisma
    Curtis just doesn't do it for me..He started off NXT on par with Bateman but as the season went on he seemed to get worse and worse. The whole "can I trust Truth" thing was just annoying.
    Clay would be my pick to win it but I can't see him teaming with Del-Rio to go after the tag titles. He'll probably get stuck in a comedy match partnering Ricardo.

Johnny Curtis won

Aw c'mon now..spoilers please..some of us still watch this

I suppose Curtis winning kinda makes sense. IMO both Clay and Bateman have what it takes to make an impact on either show without winning NXT. Curtis seemed to be struggling a bit the last few weeks and needed some kind of "mini push" to kickstart him. Hopefully it wont be long until we see all 3 again. I can see Clay maybe becoming Del Rio's bodyguard.

According to Bateman's facebook page he had knee surgery on Wed. That could explain why he didn't win NXT

• Advertisement
Advertisement