Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Containers

Options
  • 01-12-2010 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Heya,

Has anyone sent anything by container to Australia yet? Or shared one?
    If so, what company did you use and how much did it cost?

Thinking of sending some stuff back to my parents soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

I haven't sent any thing by Container but have priced them and getting back a price of 5,000 for a 40 foot .

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SUNGSAM

You need to contact some freight forwarders as they will shop around for the best price for you and look after customs etc..

You could go directly to a shipping line eg MSC, Maersk etc but being honest the forwarder will make it a lot easier for you although it may be more expensive.

Sungsam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Others might be interested in sharing that container if you're interested. Potentially myself included. When you shipping and where from/to?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I have looked into one going the other Direction alright, I was lookin at Sending a Ute home, a 20 foot box was gonna work out around $7K again I got it Landed in Waterford.

Advertisement