Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm not selling mine no fear, not sure where I'll get time to play it but it makes a nice companion for Chronotrigger in my collection

I know there's always the everdrive but nothing beats the real thing. I picked up Chronotrigger and SOM2 on the sfc and have been meaning to get them patched.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There's a guy with FFII and III for the US Snes, I've been meaning to buy them but other crap keeps getting in the way!

There's a guy with FFII and III for the US Snes, I've been meaning to buy them but other crap keeps getting in the way!

I feel your pain, car failed the nct today:( You have had bad luck with the customs, I remember getting something from hit japan and it was sent signed for. I think this in itself gives the impression the item is worth a considerable amount. I normally use these lads, http://myworld.ebay.com/yamatoku-classic?_trksid=p2047675.l2559. they're very understanding ;) and offer great combined shipping. Just don't come crying to me when you spend too much money there.:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm going to do as the bishop does and tie a knot in the top of it for a while.
    This Namco Museum and the Volume Controller are all I want right now, I was in Gamestop earlier and there's nothing I want there, or at least nothing I have to have now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm going to do as the bishop does and tie a knot in the top of it for a while.
    This Namco Museum and the Volume Controller are all I want right now, I was in Gamestop earlier and there's nothing I want there, or at least nothing I have to have now.

The oft repeated post usually followed thereafter with purchase. :pac: of something that was sold and rebought :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    The oft repeated post usually followed thereafter with purchase. :pac: of something that was sold and rebought :pac::pac:

Trying make me cry, hmmm?

Well, I've news for you "Buddy"...
    It's working ! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Los Lobos wrote: »

Why is that so expensive, isn't it essentially a homebrew game?

Yep, and can still be picked up on AA store, I guess it's the signature and the Halo fanboyism thingy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I'd be dubious of that to be honest with you. The last time I chat to Martin Hollis he mentioned that signed copies of Goldeneye would pop up on Ebay every so often that went for silly money signed by him.

He's never signed a copy of Goldeneye in his life.

Achilles wrote: »
    I'd be dubious of that to be honest with you. The last time I chat to Martin Hollis he mentioned that signed copies of Goldeneye would pop up on Ebay every so often that went for silly money signed by him.

+ it's only Goldeneye!

Achilles wrote: »

Well the signature looks just like the one I have ;) If it's fake it's well done

Selling my two Jtag 360's, for anyone who is interested in having one in a cab . They're both obviously region free, one has an internal hdd mod though instead of a dvd drive - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85626934&postcount=26

EnterNow wrote: »
    Selling my two Jtag 360's, for anyone who is interested in having one in a cab . They're both obviously region free, one has an internal hdd mod though instead of a dvd drive - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85626934&postcount=26

Just to mention, I'm open to offers on these too

I offer a night of man love with Retr0!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

If I didn't already have one I'd snap one up.

I offer a night of man love with Retr0!

Are we to understand it then, that you are in fact Retr0's pimp?
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    If I didn't already have one I'd snap one up.

Aye your already in the club. As well as having one in a cab, they are a godsend for region free shmupness too

Aye your already in the club. As well as having one in a cab, they are a godsend for region free shmupness too

Agreed. I very seriously thought about getting a second a while back, one in the cab and the other upstairs. Feck having to use discs, HDD all the way. :)

No, Sera is his pimp.
    And no better mess with her beetches, or she'll cut ya muvva fuppa!

• Advertisement

No, Sera is his pimp.
    And no better mess with her beetches, or she'll cut ya muvva fuppa!

She sounds like a Drexl. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Seras bitches better be using jimmys!

Selling my cab: http://www.adverts.ie/desktops/new-desktop-arcade-cabinet-pc/3404921

May swap for a PS3 Slim and some games :)

I posted these on a different thread but I thought I would put them up here aswell.

Just a couple of links I found that may be of use to the gba lovers.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...695376593.html homebrew card;)

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...640264405.html brighter sp screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

Just in case anyone's interested found this, http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/surugaya-a-too/item/181229-1/ , I've never used the site so haven't got a clue if they're any good, however considering the price and the discount might be worth a punt !

Ianobeano wrote: »
    Just in case anyone's interested found this, http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/surugaya-a-too/item/181229-1/ , I've never used the site so haven't got a clue if they're any good, however considering the price and the discount might be worth a punt !

They seem to operate a strange system, they won't send you a photograph of the goods before you pay for them of after you pay for them, all you get is a description which is more than a little vague. A lot of the games are missing spine cards etc, and they only use EMS shipping. It's a bit of a lottery what you actually receive condition wise, I got stuff before thinking I was getting a great deal but got stung by customs:mad: is slightly took the shine off it. It wasn't a bad deal but it wasn't a great deal either, you have been warned.

Review of sfc

1 /5
    Posted by a buyer on 3/14/13
    I decided the purchase to see the review of other people, but none of the two controllers entered. Should I not write in the thing of the controller that a cable and an adapter do not enter from the beginning if listed either? I feel malice in the place not to write on purpose. Besides, is not in the box of the product image; petit petit にくるまれているだけ. When it is different from an image, there may be the product image, but surely does it in the box which is the image of the product image...

Monkeykube wrote: »
    They seem to operate a strange system, they won't send you a photograph of the goods before you pay for them of after you pay for them, all you get is a description which is more than a little vague. A lot of the games are missing spine cards etc, and they only use EMS shipping. It's a bit of a lottery what you actually receive condition wise, I got stuff before thinking I was getting a great deal but got stung by customs:mad: is slightly took the shine off it. It wasn't a bad deal but it wasn't a great deal either, you have been warned.

Yeah I know what you mean, I'd gone to the original site and translated the page but that didn't seem to make descriptions any clearer, to be honest I was looking for a cheap Action Replay for the Saturn and just happened across the site and just browsed what they had in stock. By the way, speaking of customs, I know a lot of you have been stung by them lately, however, according to my wife (qualified accountant !!:D) you can claim this all back from revenue online !!! :):):)

I got an action replay of console goods, maybe not the cheapest but the lads only have goods things to say about them and I was buying cables at the time. Play Asia have them for 20 yoyos with free delivery and there in stock, always found them reliable.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-k8-49-en-70-1b2.html

• Advertisement

Yeah looks like I'll end up getting the one from play asia alright, bit gutted though, missed out on one on ebay a while ago for a tenner....... damn notifications...... :mad:

AGS 101 for sale, still at good money with about 6 hours to go
    GBA:SP ags-101

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

evreytime I see SP 101s and micros for sale I shudder at the fact I turned down so many for so cheap in work all those years ago... :(
    We used to sell second hand Micros for next to nothing and they were like new.

Danonino. wrote: »
    evreytime I see SP 101s and micros for sale I shudder at the fact I turned down so many for so cheap in work all those years ago... :(

It was DS time back then and everybody wanted the next big thing. Them poor micros never had a chance:(

No, well, it was the DS Lite that did for them, the DS Phat was not the most popular kid in the class, given it was not the prettiest of consoles, unlike it's replacement which was lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Danonino. wrote: »

Eek! Gotta hate those 'if I'd known back then what I know now, I'd be a millionaire!' type regrets :(

• Advertisement

No, well, it was the DS Lite that did for them, the DS Phat was not the most popular kid in the class, given it was not the prettiest of consoles, unlike it's replacement which was lovely.

The original DS had sales of over 14 million before the lite came out, Nintendogs was huge on the phats. The original ds screens were pretty bad and it was a tad clunky in the hands, the lites fixed these issues but it was the original DS that started the ball rolling for Nintendo.

Even better than that, ahead of the DS Lite Japanese launch, the DS Phat had sold just under 16 million units linky dinky
    But with the introduction of the lovely DS Lite by Christmas that year global sales were over double that number, 35.61 million units!
    By the following Christmas they'd sold just under 65 million!
    Just before the DSi launch they'd sold around 100 million DS consoles, the bulk of that number DS Lites, and in the space of about 2 years the DS lite had accounted for about 80 million of those, remembering the DS Phat had sold 16 million in about 18 months or so.

So, the DS lite was insanely successful.

From the launch of the DSi,adding the DSiXL sales, to now the number sold was an additional 53 million, an impressive number but it pales compared to the DS Lite.

The 3DS has managed to sell 31 million in the 2 years or so since launch, which is pretty good compared to it's predecessor, but which suggests it too is waiting for that DS Lite spark of redesign, something the 3DS XL seems to have failed to produce.

Pity the PS Vita that has about 5 million sales since it's launch in late 2011/early 2012.

Even better than that, ahead of the DS Lite Japanese launch, the DS Phat had sold just under 16 million units linky dinky
    But with the introduction of the lovely DS Lite by Christmas that year global sales were over double that number, 35.61 million units!
    By the following Christmas they'd sold just under 65 million!
    Just before the DSi launch they'd sold around 100 million DS consoles, the bulk of that number DS Lites, and in the space of about 2 years the DS lite had accounted for about 80 million of those, remembering the DS Phat had sold 16 million in about 18 months or so.

So, the DS lite was insanely successful.

From the launch of the DSi,adding the DSiXL sales, to now the number sold was an additional 53 million, an impressive number but it pales compared to the DS Lite.

The 3DS has managed to sell 31 million in the 2 years or so since launch, which is pretty good compared to it's predecessor, but which suggests it too is waiting for that DS Lite spark of redesign, something the 3DS XL seems to have failed to produce.

Pity the PS Vita that has about 5 million sales since it's launch in late 2011/early 2012.

But you're getting away from the original point of why the micro was passed over when it was on the shelves, long before the lite was out. People chose the old ds over it, I only picked up a micro when the arse fell out them and they could be picked up new for twenty quid new.

Monkeykube wrote: »
    But you're getting away from the original point of why the micro was passed over when it was on the shelves, long before the lite was out. People chose the old ds over it, I only picked up a micro when the arse fell out them and they could be picked up new for twenty quid new.

I beg your pardon, you're quite right.
    I think on the one hand you had folk who were quite happy with their pre-existing GBAs and GBA:SPs, on the other you had a nifty new system that still let you play your GBA back catalogue and then you had the poor old GB Micro, sitting in the middle, with no obvious market....
    Thanks for helping me clear that in my head.... it gets messy in there... still, for the inside of a head there's lots of storage, like a cranial Ikea in there....

I beg your pardon, you're quite right.
    I think on the one hand you had folk who were quite happy with their pre-existing GBAs and GBA:SPs, on the other you had a nifty new system that still let you play your GBA back catalogue and then you had the poor old GB Micro, sitting in the middle, with no obvious market....
    Thanks for helping me clear that in my head.... it gets messy in there... still, for the inside of a head there's lots of storage, like a cranial Ikea in there....

I know I'm guilty of the same thing myself, have one but never really played it because I find the ds lite more comfortable:o I think I may have snared a dc padhack over on AO just now, just waiting to see how it unfolds. Did you ever get that famicom micro that was on Adverts?

• Advertisement

I did indeedy.
    It's an odd beast to be sure.
    It's a Famicom Nintendo GB Micro at first glance, but upon examination it shows up certain "anomalies"
    xfiles.jpg

It's not a Famicom faceplate but the Famicom controller II faceplate.
    This was only available for a limited time from Club Nintendo, which itself came on a dummy GB Micro.
    This begs the question, assuming the Famicom controller II faceplate is genuine, where's the original Famicom controller I faceplate gone?

The next interesting thing is that it is, in fact, not a Nintendo Gameboy Micro at all!
    But it is the genuine article, and not a repro!
    How is this?
    Because it's an iQue Gameboy Micro!
    That is the Gameboy Micro marketed under the brand name Nintendo operated under in China!

It's all quite mad!

So I have a lovely device that's several times weirder than the standard GB Micro, and odder than the Famicom GB Micro as well.

And it's a sweet little thing to have in the collection too!

I remember them 2 player face plates being pricey, due to a low production run.
    A lot of them would be in the hands of collectors now, right place right time get.
    Anybody unearth any info on the dummy famicom Oisin picked up? That's two very unusual nintendo items people have got recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I presume one of ye own this :

http://adverts.ie/3475073

Ramvik Arcade conversion €250

eddhorse wrote: »
    I presume one of ye own this :

http://adverts.ie/3475073

Ramvik Arcade conversion €250

Seems a tad steep for what it is, a 50 euro piece of furniture and another 50 euros of a hacked monitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Meh, I built that one a few years ago sure ain't worth €250 !!

I dropped the price of these, & am of course open to offers for them.

Theres a lad in work looking for a mame cab if any one has one!
    Ideally set up ready to roll.

anything considered!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Was having a browse on adverts and spotted this, never seen a SNES box like this before, cant find much about it on the net other than one site saying it came with a soccer game or sometimes alladin and is classed "rare"

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/boxed-super-nintendo-with-8-games-including-3-boxed-snes-games/3431988

When I saw the first picture I thought someone took a stanley knife to it:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ibara for sale over on AO for a fairly decent price.

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=53188&title=ibara-pcb

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement