Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    What was your overall opinion? Did you enjoy it?

While I'm on the subject of RPGs, ever get around to Chrono Trigger?

I did enjoy it, absolutely. It took me longer than it should have, because truthfully it was my first real venture into RPG gaming. So I felt I'd prob have enjoyed it better, if I wasn't constantly wondering to myself if I was actually playing it properly. But I got through it in the end, & now that I'm a bit more sure of how RPG's work, I'll likely play through it again at some stage.

Havn't touched Chrono Trigger yet, what did you think of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Excellent first choice for dipping your toes into RPGs. Really, as long as your characters are staying alive and you're not running away from battles all the time then I wouldn't worry too much about whether you're playing them right or not.

Characters alive and earning XP points & progressing in the game = victory :)

Yeah, I really loved it. Really really loved it. One of those games you're sad to see the end of. I really enjoyed the originality of the setting, there should be more games like that.

If you enjoyed Earthbound you'll really like Chrono Trigger too. Gameplay wise it's similar and straightforward, but still very rewarding.

The real draw to that game though is the story and characters, they're just fantastic. The artwork is gorgeous too, that's one place where it really trumps Earthbound.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a pity you hadn't played an RPG before because you probably missed a lot of the times Earthbound was poking fun at RPG tropes :)

Chrono Trigger is a great game to play for a beginner. It's just so well paced and so much fun and clocks in at about 20 hours. It's like Panzer Dragoon Saga in that respect, no filler and never a dull moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

+1 on Chrono Trigger. I only started playing it last week on my DS on holidays.

Really is one of the best RPGs I ever played....Still have to get around to Earthbound myself

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Doing a clearout. Everything 99 cent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

ohhh I fancy Super Street Fighter 2 GBA cart :pac:
    How much to steal it away?

Danonino. wrote: »
    ohhh I fancy Super Street Fighter 2 GBA cart :pac:
    How much to steal it away?

ill send a PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

ohhh Bubble Bobble for the NES, me want:eek:
    Any BIN?

NES and games

http://www.adverts.ie/3724692

NES console with 2 pads

Megaman 4
    Castlevania
    Rad Gravity
    Isolated Warrior
    Mario/Duckhunt
    Bad Dudes vs Dragon Ninja
    The New Zealand Story
    Digger T rock
    Gyromite
    Solomons Key
    Baseball
    Bubble Bobble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

Achilles wrote: »
    Nice Regulation 7 Dreamcast going on Ebay at the minute:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/DreamCast-Regulation-7-No-BoxInstruction-Consol-/400566240326

They're not super rare but they don't crop up that often. I'd put a bid in on it myself if I had the spare moohlah right now so sharing the love instead.

Did you read the description ? Not so sure I'd be jumping on it....

TitleDreamCast Regulation 7 (No Box/Instruction) Console JP GAME.
    Genre: Hardware

This item is Secondhand.
    Condition of Console: damaged
    Condition of Box: No Box
    Condition of Instruction: No instruction
    Other: Not work/console only

Master of the Universe

I would say the 'damaged' means all the scratches and the 'no work' is the fact that it's console only.

More 'lost in translation' than 'heap of broken junk'.

Still, I'd say it'll mean the auction ends at a lower than normal price. I certainly wouldn't be bidding a fortune for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Hey, he's also selling a coin operated motorbike!
    I can see it now, lashing down the M50 at 100kph but stopping every 3 mins to put another couple of tokens in.....

EnterNow wrote: »
    Selling my Mother 2 cart, open to offers on it. It's mint, & cib - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057030980

Price dropped to €50

Rule of Rose Rebuild doesn't seem to be listed on videogamesplus.ca anymore, I wonder is it just sold out or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

get £10 off the limited edition Zelda Wind Waker with the gannondorf figure from game.co.uk with the promo code VCUKSEPT13

Dont forget those Jukeboxes are up for sale today if anybody has 5 grand spare!
    http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/ashgrove-auction-rooms--naas/catalogue-id-2889424

It starts at 2pm and the jukeboxes are the first 10 lots,
    you can watch it live too!

Master of the Universe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Has to be one of the best games on the Dreamcast.

Master of the Universe

Definitely my favourite shmup on the console. Posted it here to discourage myself from buying it :D

Master of the Universe

All ending within 24hrs Still loads with no bids. Good chance for some steals :)

Master of the Universe

Anyone ever heard of this? 'Battle Station II'. Steel construction.

It's like an early version of that fancy Saturn Astro panel which mimics a real arcade panel - but works with the Megadrive/NES/Master system.

I'd say the sticks and buttons are ****e, but interesting item nonetheless.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Retro-Sega-Mega-Drive-2-Arcade-Battlestation-2-controller-Fatal-Fury-game-/141059971886?pt=AU_PC_Video_Games_Games&hash=item20d7d45b2e&_uhb=1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Anyone ever heard of this? 'Battle Station II'. Steel construction.

It's like an early version of that fancy Saturn Astro panel which mimics a real arcade panel - but works with the Megadrive/NES/Master system.

I'd say the sticks and buttons are ****e, but interesting item nonetheless.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Retro-Sega-Mega-Drive-2-Arcade-Battlestation-2-controller-Fatal-Fury-game-/141059971886?pt=AU_PC_Video_Games_Games&hash=item20d7d45b2e&_uhb=1

Looks a little like a Sigma Raijin supergun, doubt it would be as good quality though.

• Advertisement

All ending within 24hrs Still loads with no bids. Good chance for some steals :)

Collection welcome?

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Looks a little like a Sigma Raijin supergun, doubt it would be as good quality though.

Was reading a write up from someone who bought one and it looks like you can drop in new buttons and sticks.

Interesting breakdown/buttons and stick replacement here.

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?21478-The-Battlestation-II

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Was reading a write up from someone who bought one and it looks like you can drop in new buttons and sticks.

Interesting breakdown/buttons and stick replacement here.

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?21478-The-Battlestation-II

That's pretty handy, although fecking soldering skills required once again. :D

Master of the Universe

Hmmm, looks like you'd be able to stick those cable connects on the end (can't remember what they're called, you know the 'fork' type ones in a cab) and avoided the dreaded soldering...I think! :)

urbanledge wrote: »
    Collection welcome?
    Hi I prefer not to do collection for 1 or 2 games. If it was a good few then it wouldnt be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Master of the Universe

Sure buy that one first, it's a start ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

what exactly is Saga Datona?

Rule of Rose Rebuild cancelled? Just got a full refund citing 'cancelled game' in the details...
    Unfortunately Atlus has informed us that they no longer owned the rights to this game "Rule of Rose" so there will not be a rebuild on this title. We have issued you a refund and cancelled your order, we are terribly sorry this has happened.

Master of the Universe

Rule of Rose Rebuild cancelled? Just got a full refund citing 'cancelled game' in the details...

Balls!!! :(

What happened, how do you just realise that you don't own the rights to something?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

What happened, how do you just realise that you don't own the rights to something?

Be thankful,
    this is why we don't have to worry about any more CDi Zelda games to pollute the planet!

Master of the Universe

On a side point, it's nice to see they involve the original publisher in these reprints. Makes them official releases. I had thought it was just a company making 1:1 reproductions of old games.

Although that does add a bit of an extra sting to the cancellation! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

was just gonna post that myself.
    I'm absolutely heartbroken, would they not have found out that kinda stuff before starting the pre-order?

Master of the Universe

Sera wrote: »
    was just gonna post that myself.
    I'm absolutely heartbroken, would they not have found out that kinda stuff before starting the pre-order?

/CoughRetr0-perfectchristmassurpriseopportunity/cough :pac:

• Advertisement

Looks like my copy is secure in it's value once again!

gonna be hard to resist trolling this

http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/ps4/3765299

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

gonna be hard to resist trolling this

http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/ps4/3765299

I'll take 4.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

haha thats one of the best ones yet. for 10 euro, ill tell you the location of a shop. ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Tried to check that, it's been withdrawn now!

Tried to check that, it's been withdrawn now!

long story short he was looking for a tenner to tell you where you can preorder a day one ps4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd say what happened with Atlus was that they were trying to renegotiate the rights to publish it and got rejected or got a silly billy offer that wouldn't have been profitable.

The rights of the original game are with Sony so it's more than likely their fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I can never understand why companies won't reprint games or allow someone else to, especially if there is a want for it and if they're old games too. It always seems like a case of "no, it's mine and you can't have it" between the person who wants to reprint and the person who has the rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Its a lot easier for companies to just say a default 'no' then have their legal teams go chase down usage rights & contracts that may have expired.

Unless they've absolute ownership of everything used in the game then the legal contract costs make it too costly or too much hassle to do reprints.

EA got sued a few years ago after inadvertently let it slip they were using the same algorithms in a Madden games for years after the usage right with the original owner had long expired.

• Advertisement

Perhaps Sony have plans to release the game on PSN in the future. Who knows. Atlus would own the rights to the localisation though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement