Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've played the arcade games it's based on on the megaman collection and they aren't great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I've played the arcade games it's based on on the megaman collection and they aren't great.

Different if it was a proper fighting game with some depth but just looks like it has bugger all longevity to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rare doesn't necessarily mean good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'd say a good chunk of rare games are actually crap. Take stadium events for example. I don't think people want it because it's the pinnacle of NES gaming :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Just got a Wonderswan Color, fully working, for €8 delivered from Japan. Bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Just got a Wonderswan Color, fully working, for €8 delivered from Japan. Bargain!
    That's realllllllly cheap! What's a Wonderswan's graphics like?

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Were there many? My foot is already half on the bus.

Yes, but they very quickly bumped up the price to €20 the next day. Someone must have priced them wrong!

yeah, HMV tend to price things too low and then bump them up to high . Like sf4 fight pads were 3 euro and 13 euro the next day I was in town

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

SdoowSirhc wrote: »

GBA quality in the best games. Slightly less so in the monochrome ones.

GBA quality in the best games. Slightly less so in the monochrome ones.

cool. I'm thinking of buying a handheld so I think it's between a neogeo color or wonderswan color

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

wonderswan crystal

FYP!

If you're making the investment, settle only for the best!

wonderswan crystal

FYP!

If you're making the investment, settle only for the best!
    I'm not after an investment! I just want a bargain....

Indeed the Crystal is the one to go for, but for €8 I couldn't really pass up on the Color edition. If I ever get Judgement Silversword I'll go for the Crystal.

For now I'm happy out with a Color and a stack of Gundam, Densha de Go and Puyo Puyo games. :)

Indeed the Crystal is the one to go for, but for €8 I couldn't really pass up on the Color edition. If I ever get Judgement Silversword I'll go for the Crystal.

For now I'm happy out with a Color and a stack of Gundam, Densha de Go and Puyo Puyo games. :)
    Can't you just get a color with a 'crystal' shell

Yes but that's the shell. The Crystal has a different, better display.

Yes but that's the shell. The Crystal has a different, better display.
    Meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Atari Lynx II with Batman Returns Game:

http://www.adverts.ie/805581

Selling this as I've picked up a new one(actual 2 of them :D) still sealed in box while away in Japanlandia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Looking for Bomberman on the Snes and a four player adaptor, anyone any ideas? :)

Just stuck another handheld up on adverts.

NeoGeo pocket Color (Stone Blue version) plus Samurai Shodown 2.

Everything is boxed and in mint condition.

I think the price is very fair (€40)

Correct me if you disagree :D

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336630347aa45ba85ebdecab97ab78675e2.jpg

http://www.adverts.ie/807255

• Advertisement

Hehe fair is an understatement, feckin bargain that is!! :pac:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Hehe fair is an understatement, feckin bargain that is!! :pac:

It will go quick.
    Offers already in. So if anyone here wants it be quick quick quick.
    I'd like to see it go to someone here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

steve, offer in there (tomriddle) tis meself. send me a pm.

keithgeo wrote: »

It's all yours :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

keithgeo wrote: »

Just Gazumped you there m8;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭RedXIV

awww crap :(

Sure you don't want to sell the second there steve? :P

RedXIV wrote: »
    awww crap :(

Sure you don't want to sell the second there steve? :P

I think I'll hang on to it :D

Grab yourself a Lynx 2 on my other ad :P:P:P:P:P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Steve SI wrote: »
    I think I'll hang on to it :D

Grab yourself a Lynx 2 on my other ad :P:P:P:P:P
    I've stuck an offer in there , I was on the look out for a lynx for a bit and my missus (who works near you) was looking for something to get me for my birthday!

sugarman wrote: »

Pity, you could always grab the other item he has up on adverts :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

haha, i missed that myself by about 10 minutes, raging.

• Advertisement

sugarman wrote: »
    Random...:pac:

extremely :)

Only used once or twice though, so a bargain :D

I think the guy who's sitting beside me in work is wondering why I'm looking up breast pumps. I think I'll let him wonder a bit longer :)

Steve SI wrote: »
    extremely :)

Only used once or twice though, so a bargain :D

I think the guy who's sitting beside me in work is wondering why I'm looking up breast pumps. I think I'll let him wonder a bit longer :)

Turn up to work wearing one of these jobbies and you'll really worry him! :pac:

fockers.jpg?w=400&h=347

Actually you'll probably just get fired so best not. :D

Turn up to work wearing one of these jobbies and you'll really worry him! :pac:

Actually you'll probably just get fired so best not. :D

They cant fire me, I'm the only one who knows the passwords :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Wii) has turned up in HMV Henry St, 18 euro. Not a bargain by any stretch but it can be a pain in the arse to find, and it's
    new and sealed, might be a while before it turns up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

zero19 wrote: »

Quite a price too. Although she does have the uber rare PS1 xtra-vision game case... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Quite a price too. Although she does have the uber rare PS1 xtra-vision game case... :pac:

Ah the memories of that case! Used to rent a lot of games when I was younger. My mam had a shop next door to an xtra vision so I used to get the odd rental on the sly ;)

Have a chartbusters rental game though that I was supposed to return about 7 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Wii) has turned up in HMV Henry St, 18 euro. Not a bargain by any stretch but it can be a pain in the arse to find, and it's

thats not bad at all, last time I saw it was €25 used in GS in town, goes for about €18-20 on ebay.

Good lord, its a mad price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Hi guys...Just letting you know that I have two items for sale......

http://www.adverts.ie/808671 Commodore 64 Bread Bin Model.

And

http://www.adverts.ie/808691 Faulty PS3

Thanks again for this, popped in today and picked one up. Had been looking for ages. There's a handful of copies in both city centre HMVs for anyone seeking one.

Not retro but thought I'd chance my arm and pop my latest ad on here! :pac:

http://url.ie/cwyo

Thanks again for this, popped in today and picked one up. Had been looking for ages. There's a handful of copies in both city centre HMVs for anyone seeking one.

Enjoy it, I paid around that price for it used, in the same shop, six months ago. I then proceeded to give it away as present, thinking it'd turn up. Go figure, took a while.

Enjoy it, I paid around that price for it used, in the same shop, six months ago. I then proceeded to give it away as present, thinking it'd turn up. Go figure, took a while.

I was being stubborn and hoping it would turn up cheap at some point, like I did with Sin & Punishment :pac: Luckily both paid off despite the risk! I don't know what I have against paying more than twenty euro for Wii games, but I certainly rarely buy full price ones!

That said, I've been trying to find a copy of Xenoblade in shops after reading the stellar reviews. Actively looking a few days for release, they only at it in Game at the ridiculous price of 49.99 :rolleyes: Online it is so.

Flogging a few games if you're keen. :)

http://url.ie/cwz0

• Advertisement

That said, I've been trying to find a copy of Xenoblade in shops after reading the stellar reviews. Actively looking a few days for release, they only at it in Game at the ridiculous price of 49.99 :rolleyes: Online it is so.

I've car insurance to pay this week and **** all money but was hoping to get this in a few days time. Had a look online and it's sold out nearly everywhere. Really don't want to miss out on this game. Still managed to get it for 35 euro so not a total loss. Also Inazuma Eleven is finally getting a UK release this Friday. That's another one I'll have to watch carefully.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I've car insurance to pay this week and **** all money but was hoping to get this in a few days time. Had a look online and it's sold out nearly everywhere. Really don't want to miss out on this game. Still managed to get it for 35 euro so not a total loss. Also Inazuma Eleven is finally getting a UK release this Friday. That's another one I'll have to watch carefully.

Apparently gamestop are selling it for 39.99 'behind the counter'. Will pop down to the gobshi workers in my local one tomorrow and see if they even know it exists.

decided to pop in while in town today, has been on the want list for ages and even though I'm fairly broke I just thought Pheque it, I'll probably never see it new for cheaper.

Cheers fella!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Just in case no one's seen this, Tatsunoko vs Capcom Arcade Sticks (Wii):
    For sale from sendit.com for £13 with prolly a couple of bucks for delivery.May be of interest to some of you guys.

Linky

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement