Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Hygro wrote: »
    Ni No Kuni interestes me, though even at $4.99 21.5gb is a lot of space to take up on my ps3 for one game.

I've a got a launch 60gb. Was ever-so-slightly tempted by Ni No Kuni, but had flashbacks to how f**king drawn-out the battle system got when I played the demo; it's ridiculously pretty, mind. I'll wait for a cheap physical copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

sugarman wrote: »
    I regularly buy cack games in CEX for 10-25c each just for the cases:D

Ditto, it's the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I've a got a launch 60gb. Was ever-so-slightly tempted by Ni No Kuni, but had flashbacks to how f**king drawn-out the battle system got when I played the demo; it's ridiculously pretty, mind. I'll wait for a cheap physical copy.
    When u catch an OP Pokemon..... I mean em...
    It gets faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Pinball on Adverts.
    http://www.adverts.ie/5683602

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

€550 is a bit optimistic for a machine in that condition with incomplete board set and no idea if the rest of the boards are even working.
    No photos of playfield or underneath the playfield for that matter.
    Having rebuilt a pinball machine I feel you could pump another €550 into that machine before you even look at the cosmetic condition.

Would be a nice project all the same but not for that kinda money

Yep I was thinking that myself.
    Bit to Old for me too!

If anybody is interest in that trident the MPU board and a solenoid driver board are £234 for the new rottendog ones so take that into account!

Yea but Marco usually have the original MPU board from that era for $99usd plus shipping, its a guess that's all that's wrong though, you might replace that and find all the others are dead too and or the power supply.
    If it was running in the condition it's in it wouldn't be worth €550 let alone unknown condition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

urbanledge wrote: »

"Seller can't be contacted by message
    Seller can't be contacted by phone"

Erm... how am I supposed to contact them then?

telepathy3.jpg

He's only a fiver dearer than a crowd that I was going to order from in Italy.

I'd like to actually get in touch with this random mystery person.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Apparently you have to go outside on the midnight of the upcoming summer solstice and write your Arcade graphic request in runes on a convenient stone altar facing north.
    I'm not sure if PayPal supports megalithic orders but give it a go.

If you wait too long gone the order winds up being put through to the wrong nether realm, and Cthulhu hates wrong numbers, might just smite you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Ad gone

Ad probably removed by the person who placed it. Perhaps they relised their mistake and are going to relist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ad gone

His ads are like Brigadoon. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Dreamcast regulation 7 and 50 games http://www.ebay.com/itm/141308171992

Master of the Universe

safetyboy wrote: »
    Dreamcast regulation 7 and 50 games http://www.ebay.com/itm/141308171992

Talk about the ultimate Dreamcast collection.

Shame to see Sturmwind in the same photo :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Oxfam on Francis street have C64 games in the back. They've taken their games out of the general mix of DVDs, except for the PSP stuff, and stuck'em in a little box that reads "PS2, Dreamcast and PC. Collector's Items: Valuable". Their stock averages around €7, but their PSP gear is still in the €3.50 range.

The Goodwill Thrift on Capel street surprisingly sells GBA games for €3.50; they're in the last cabinet toward the back. It seems to be all middling 3rd party stuff, but might be worth keeping an eye on. They've got Gen 7 stuff there too, but commands Gamestoppy prices.

****ing hate people like this, nes just went up on adverts for €100
    Same NES was sold only the other day for €65
    New Advert
    http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/nintendo-nes-with-13-games/5695508?utm_source=email&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=SearchAlert

Original Advert
    http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/nintendo-nes-13-games-gun-controller/5673408
    I wouldn't even mind if they bought it, took what they wanted from it and sold on the rest but they only bought it to sell on for €35 more on the exact same site after they picked it up, scumbags!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Boxed Gameboy Micro's are going for €95 over at RAGE.
    Wow....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

and with the Famicom edition they'd add a zero on the end of that

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SJ23

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Boxed Gameboy Micro's are going for €95 over at RAGE.
    Wow....

I actually picked one of these up today and the lads in shop were telling me that they're old stock from a game shop somewhere in Europe. They're essentially "new".

Something I've been after for ages, as every Micro I come across in the wild has its' face scratched to bits, or the damn thing has no charger.

I've also been looking around the 'Bay for a while and new, they average at about £120, so didn't hesitate to pick one up for €95. Almost bought a second to flog online ;-)

Feck, just found these...eBay item: 321430563241

I could have saved €2! :p

SJ23 wrote: »
    I actually picked one of these up today and the lads in shop were telling me that they're old stock from a game shop somewhere in Europe. They're essentially "new".

Something I've been after for ages, as every Micro I come across in the wild has its' face scratched to bits, or the damn thing has no charger.

I've also been looking around the 'Bay for a while and new, they average at about £120, so didn't hesitate to pick one up for €95. Almost bought a second to flog online ;-)

Hmmm,
    They go for around 30 to 40 unboxed and boxed they go for some more I suppose.
    Seems a tad steep though.
    Aside from a handful of examples, The RAGE are certainly not in the business of "bargains", and the price you paid is certainly close to the realistic top end of what they are worth.
    HMV burned through a load of them some 6 years ago when they found a load in a warehouse somewhere, sold them for a lot less than €95.

That said.
    Congratulations!
    The GB Micro is a lovely thing.
    I am currently without one, for the first time in nearly ten years, so I am always watching out for one myself, though I won't be spending RAGE money on one tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

They have the pokemon centre gameboy micro there and I enquired as to how much it was, just out of curiosity like and would have considered it if it was €150 or so which I'd think is a fair price, but nope, €395.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Aside from a handful of examples, The RAGE are certainly not in the business of "bargains"

Just leaving this here *whistles nonchalantly*

30rmex4.jpg

They have the pokemon centre gameboy micro there and I enquired as to how much it was, just out of curiosity like and would have considered it if it was €150 or so which I'd think is a fair price, but nope, €395.

Damn, I didn't even see anything like that - my dodgy eyes make me useless for copping that sort of thing, is it behind the counter?

Just did an eBay search and found one Pokémon Centre Micro under auction#: 321428144669. Is that the one you're talking about?

If so, glad I didn't see it in the shop, may have done something silly with my c'card! :-)

Yeah that's the one, I'd imagine they still have it. Not worth that kind of money at all.

Hmmm,
    Congratulations!
    The GB Micro is a lovely thing.

Does this mean I'm part of "Team Micro" now ;-)

I've always wanted one and after a few hours playing around with it, I've come to the conclusion that it's brilliant!!! Making me feel like I've got giant hands though!

Other than that, the screen is crisp, feels great in-hand and love the little pouch that it comes with. Delighted with my purchase.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's the one, I'd imagine they still have it. Not worth that kind of money at all.

Hate to use the "R" word, but are they rarities?

SJ23 wrote: »
    Hate to use the "R" word, but are they rarities?

Kinda. It's not common, but not exactly rare as in you'll always see a couple on ebay. You might pay through the nose for it, but still you could get one. Pokémon edition consoles always fetch a premium price anyway. Doesn't mean it's necessarily worth it though.

Wario ware lived in my GB Micro, the perfect companion.

Wario ware lived in my GB Micro, the perfect companion.

Does that have a tilt/rumble feature in it?

Does that have a tilt/rumble feature in it?

No, that's Wario Ware Twisted, a great game but nowhere near as immediate as the original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

eddhorse wrote: »
    missing original boards, rough too
    nothing like this one

Master of the Universe

Is the control panel beat, or is that just a load of dust I wonder?

If it's dust that's one lazy bit of selling!

o1s1n wrote: »

Looks like dust to me. You can see the finger marks on the side of the unit of people testing the level of dust.

• Advertisement

Theres a company up the north that sell pool tables and jukeboxes etc,
    says on there website they sell pinballs too so I emailed them for the craic to see what they have.
    They send me back an email trying to sell me one of these.
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3278554.htm
    :D:D

£425 for the "basic table" and £40 to install it:D
    £40 to install the batteries.ha ha ha
    free delivery tho if I live within 40 miles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

MrVestek wrote: »
    Looks like dust to me. You can see the finger marks on the side of the unit of people testing the level of dust.

Yeah it looks like a lot of dust alright. Is there something missing on that panel, a button or something, hard to tell and my eyesight isn't the best!? Could turn out nice though with a bit of work and TLC.

urbanledge wrote: »
    Theres a company up the north that sell pool tables and jukeboxes etc,
    says on there website they sell pinballs too so I emailed them for the craic to see what they have.
    They send me back an email trying to sell me one of these.
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3278554.htm
    :D:D

£425 for the "basic table" and £40 to install it:D
    £40 to install the batteries.ha ha ha
    free delivery tho if I live within 40 miles.
    haha I'll take 2 please:pac:

haha I'll take 2 please:pac:

I mailed him back told him I was looking for the real deal :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

ripperman wrote: »
    Yeah it looks like a lot of dust alright. Is there something missing on that panel, a button or something, hard to tell and my eyesight isn't the best!? Could turn out nice though with a bit of work and TLC.

Think i see a joystick missing a ball top on it on the left? Not sure though cause i dont think an original space invaders had a joystick..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Eh...that is the real deal! That's a "professional" table sure :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

keithgeo wrote: »
    Think i see a joystick missing a ball top on it on the left? Not sure though cause i dont think an original space invaders had a joystick..

Yeah that's what I thought alright. Some had the white balltop joystick...I think?

o1s1n wrote: »

Dust, What's the other machine to the right in the second picture?

Dust, What's the other machine to the right in the second picture?

kinda looks like a candy with the front open.
    pretty sure some of the newer poker machines open like that too.I see a noraut too so it could be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

missing original boards, rough too
    nothing like this one

That looks like a garage i'd say that's in the basement of that arcade place on burgh quay down from messsr maguires. place is just full of slots now.

nourat poker in the back too, cant show the place on street view as a big bus in the way, its only down the road form me i could go and have a look maybe if I can get out of here at lunch

do it!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement