Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    So to summarize;

Myrddin is having a boards.ie approved auction (I take it for a good cause?) for an item which is highly common, yet highly unique and Steve_SI may want one.

We can also assume it's games related given the forum it'll be posted in.

I haven't a notion. :pac:

All correct, & yes, it is for a good cause. Though as I said, if Steve has an interest in the item we're all screwed :(:o
    waveform wrote: »
    Actually I think I just realized that the games mods forum is for Moderators and Category Mods of the Gaming Forum and subforums, and not an actual game modding forum!

Duh!

Indeed, all you have to do is become a mod within the Games Category. Then:

350x700px-LL-6666570e_Stonecutters.jpeg
    Ron DMC wrote: »
    Now begins my campaign to get the Hosted Lego forum moved to the Games category.

Betcha he doesn't even discuss it in the Games mods forum though...

Ha, believe it or not I've raised that before. Lego is crying out to be a full on boards forum, & not a hosted one...it would be a good move. Though not sure if the userbase would be happy to see it in the Games cat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Myrddin wrote: »
    Ha, believe it or not I've raised that before. Lego is crying out to be a full on boards forum, & not a hosted one...it would be a good move. Though not sure if the userbase would be happy to see it in the Games cat...

What's the story with the Hosted category? I could never figure it out.

Originally I thought it was for businesses, but have seen oddities where forums are under that category when they're not associated with a business (wasn't paranormal there at one point?)

If boards have an issue naming one of their forums after a product like LEGO, then they could easily get around it by having an overall 'Construction Toys' forum.

Would definitely get more traffic I'd say, can't say I ever browse Hosted at all...

What's the story with the Hosted category? I could never figure it out.

Originally I thought it was for businesses, but have seen oddities where forums are under that category when they're not associated with a business (wasn't paranormal there at one point?)

If boards have an issue naming one of their forums after a product like LEGO, then they could easily get around it by having an overall 'Construction Toys' forum.

Would definitely get more traffic I'd say, can't say I ever browse Hosted at all...

They are just forums that are quite literally hosted by Boards, but not actually part of boards if you get me. There's games ones too, but they seem dead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Indeed, all you have to do is become a mod within the Games Category. Then:

350x700px-LL-6666570e_Stonecutters.jpeg

It wasn't always called the Games Mod forum.
    For a while it was called "The No O1s1ns"

Ah o1s1n will be back someday, don't worry :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That's ok, it's the "The No O1s1ns" club, so we're allowed one O1s1n.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭crazydom

Good deals!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They're just waiting for one Streets of Rage/Golden Axe comment too many from me then BANG! It'll be a pleasant PM thanking me for my services and O1s1n will be back in the game!
    Don't do it!
    Take Retr0 instead!

So to summarize;

Myrddin is having a boards.ie approved auction (I take it for a good cause?) for an item which is highly common, yet highly unique and Steve_SI may want one.

We can also assume it's games related given the forum it'll be posted in.

I haven't a notion. :pac:

Here we go - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057260175

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Lego is crying out to be a full on boards forum, & not a hosted one...it would be a good move. Though not sure if the userbase would be happy to see it in the Games cat...
    It could just as easily fit within the Arts category. This may require further thought.

Nice little Neo Geo Pocket Color.
    Not tested as there's no battery for the memory, easily bought in most Tescos
    No battery cover either.
    Bring a few batteries along and give it a test, give the battery compartment a scrape as well!
    But for €20 with KoF R2, it's worth a shot!
    link

Master of the Universe

You'd need fairly giant hands to use that button layout alright! :eek:

You'd need fairly giant hands to use that button layout alright! :eek:

playing street fighter and every time you punch your wrist presses kick :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

hideous design!

Should that not be posted in the shame thread?

Im in a good mood today :D

Master of the Universe

It's funny how clueless people can be when they're not in the know.

About 10 years ago, myself and a mate in college were going to build a MAME machine. I hate to think what it would have turned out like :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

It's funny how clueless people can be when they're not in the know.

About 10 years ago, myself and a mate in college were going to build a MAME machine. I hate to think what it would have turned out like :eek:

My brother was telling me that one of the colleges he does be in, think it was UCD has one that some engineers or something built and its disgraceful looking he said. Square corners, iron on veneer etc.

keithgeo wrote: »
    My brother was telling me that one of the colleges he does be in, think it was UCD has one that some engineers or something built and its disgraceful looking he said. Square corners, iron on veneer etc.

Pics please

• Advertisement

he said he would take some photos when he is in there next time.

Two arcade cabs for sale at sensible prices, and only down the road from me!
    http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/2-x-mame-arcade-cabinets-for-sale/6084757
    Both include PC's as well and are working, with non-insane CP's!
    €450/400 for each as well, not bad at all tbh.
    I don't have room for another cab :( but these look pretty decent, not sure about the LCD in one of them though.
    MGU4OTc3YTUwMGM1NWQzZmViNDdiNzA3OTgyMGM0ZGOA0PA4rbmczFn3DJlPSfOgaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOTFhY2EzN2MyMGJjMGY0ZWJhNGJiMzAzMGY1NzNkYWMyYTZmZmI0YTYzZWM2NDZjODVkN2UxNDQ2NGFlMDRmYy5qcGd8fDUyNXx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

And lastly,
    Deal Of The Day/Week/Month/Year?
    A Zelda GBA:SP and two GB: Micros for... €25 all in!!!
    linky

That point blank looks really clean. If I didn't have a time crisis already I'd be all over that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Two arcade cabs for sale at sensible prices, and only down the road from me!
    http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/2-x-mame-arcade-cabinets-for-sale/6084757
    Both include PC's as well and are working, with non-insane CP's!
    €450/400 for each as well, not bad at all tbh.
    I don't have room for another cab :( but these look pretty decent, not sure about the LCD in one of them though.
    MGU4OTc3YTUwMGM1NWQzZmViNDdiNzA3OTgyMGM0ZGOA0PA4rbmczFn3DJlPSfOgaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOTFhY2EzN2MyMGJjMGY0ZWJhNGJiMzAzMGY1NzNkYWMyYTZmZmI0YTYzZWM2NDZjODVkN2UxNDQ2NGFlMDRmYy5qcGd8fDUyNXx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

I quite like that Blue MAME cab on the right, the screen is a little bit shmall though.

Master of the Universe

And lastly,
    linky

Holy crap.

I can't decide if this is a legit link or cab of shame, I'm torn on this one....
    link

And lastly,
    linky

This is the one day I wasn't checking my notifications for gameboy on adverts! :pac:

I kinda gave up on the idea of getting one one after a pup from Cork gave me the cold shoulder on an SP even though he accepted my offer, so going to use the android emulator on my phone and the ps3 controller instead.

By the looks of your reply, you plan on using chemical warfare against the other buyers to get your hands on this! ;)

The ad was taken down.
    I'd say the response spurred him on to withdraw and repost with new prices!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/gameboy-advance-sp/6093907#comments

Another SP, €13 posted. That's not bad at all.

TheStook wrote: »

Pity its the tacky tribal version, tempted to buy it and replace the casing.....

TheStook wrote: »

I'll have that! Thankyouverymuch!

You should sell it to someone in Canada and make a $435 profit!

10364095_10152559968660821_5848075676451430693_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

I can't decide if this is a legit link or cab of shame, I'm torn on this one....

Haha thats actually my ad, I wanted to do something different while keeping the general ergonomics correct. Its a bit of a space saver design as it has quite a shallow footprint while maintaining a decent width.

At least it didnt end up in "dreamer of the year" section ....

Ok so its not for purists but its not meant to be.

And more importantly no arcade cabinets were harmed while building it

Let it slide in the end.
    Realised my life does not need more GBA SP consoles.
    Unfortunately that also earned me my first negative feedback on Adverts :(
    What can I say, he's right.

edit:
    Got a little mean actually
    I messaged this morning, at half 8, that I wouldn't be able to make it.
    And then all my comments on his ad were deleted as well.
    Didn't know this was typical, apparently I had broken some rule or something in those posts.
    Is this a new thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Auctioning a bunch of my stuff off.

Click Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Lovely Moon Cresta cocktail for sale over on J+

Oh, you should really have a look at this guys adverts, not for the stuff he's selling, but his "unique" turn of phrase selling them!
    link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Put a boxed Sony Pocketstation(and some other bits) up in the marketplace at what I think is an ok price if anyone is looking for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Steve SI wrote: »
    Put a boxed Sony Pocketstation(and some other bits) up in the marketplace at what I think is an ok price if anyone is looking for one.

So, so tempted by the pocketstation but I have to try and be good! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

So, so tempted by the pocketstation but I have to try and be good! :(

Might take it to put you out of your misery. My ps1 collection could do with a boost in any case.

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Auctioning a bunch of my stuff off.

Click Here

I've added more items this morning, and will continue to add items through today.

Why am I selling my collection? Well, I can actually say now why. It's partially the need to trim down, as we have indeed moved to a smaller house.

Though in all reality, Player 2 has inserted a coin and will be pressing start early next year. :o

I'm going to keep my consoles and a fraction of my collection as I would like 'Player 2' to see what games systems I played with as a child (and as a big child today :D).

Thanks and all the best if you decide to bid on any of my items. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Great news man congratulations. Hope all goes well.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Great news man congratulations. Hope all goes well.

Cheers good sir. Not sure what I've let myself in for! ;)

• Advertisement

Congratulations :)

Congratulations :)

Slainte ImmediateEntrance! :)

Not sure what I've let myself in for! ;)

It's all good (once you start getting a full nights sleep) :)

It's all good (once you start getting a full nights sleep) :)

So start stocking up on the Red Bull and Lidl Nespresso rip off's now eh? ;)

So start stocking up on the Red Bull and Lidl Nespresso rip off's now eh? ;)

Ah you might get lucky, I struck out though & didn't get regular proper sleeps for the guts of four years :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement