Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Gamestop have three new copies of Pandora's Tower selling for a tenner each, in their branch in Swords, just saw them there yesterday.
    Probably as cheap as that game is ever likely to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Someone was looking for a cheap sp to do a screen mod.
    http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/gameboy-advance-sp-with-game/7570844

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Thanks for posting. Only got home from work at 8, so it's looking like I may have missed it. Threw a bundle offer in on the SP and Megadrive that he's selling, so we'll see where it goes

Vielix or veiwlix clone for sale on donedeal!

very good price too!
    http://www.donedeal.ie/snooker-for-sale/arcade-video-games-for-sale/8883119?offset=2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

very good price too!
    http://www.donedeal.ie/snooker-for-sale/arcade-video-games-for-sale/8883119?offset=2

Daytona 2 Twin:eek:
    Too bad its 2 and not the original!

A friend of mine bought a jamma cab off him before.
    good guy.
    The cab was 75e working and it came with New Zealand story
    He lock up is just outside naas too.

Its actually a Namco noir!

Not into lcd cabs but would have that Outrun 2 twin in a heartbeat if I had somewhere to put it, worth double that all day long!!

One of the monitors looks a little green around the gills

One of the monitors looks a little green around the gills
    Same on the daytona
    Not into lcd cabs but would have that Outrun 2 twin in a heartbeat if I had somewhere to put it, worth double that all day long!!

Get rid of the bed.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

very good price too!

That's the machines in the Palmerstown Superdome, and the little Tekken machine that looks rather nice (despite having LCD screen)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94497446&postcount=878

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

eddhorse wrote: »
    Would it really get 10k?

Definitely not I say, but still unreal to see a pristine looking Wild Guns, Vampire's Kiss, Hagane, Mega Man X2 and X3 all in the same lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah not worth 10k at all but does have some really nice pieces that are worth a lot! Good few of the games are pretty common though. +1 for minty goodness though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I'd say it'd sell for the guys of 6k+. It's currently a big markup but it might sell for that level of mintyness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I got almost 800 euro for Earthbound last year and my other snes stuff sold for stupid prices as well.
    Chrono Trigger went for nearly 300.
    If he was to sell that stuff in singles, I reckon he wouldn't be far off his target.
    Big Box Donkey Kong, Yoshi Island and Metroid all go for north of 100 and the first two can go for over 200.
    Thats 1600 on only 5 games.
    SNES collection, of mint boxes, is almost like Neo Geo Aes at times.
    Glad I'm out, the effects of all those drugs I was selling to fund the latest cardboard purchase was really destroying society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Three offers, I wonder how much they're for? Always annoys me that ebay hides that, I'm a nosy bastard :(

o1s1n wrote: »
    Three offers, I wonder how much they're for? Always annoys me that ebay hides that, I'm a nosy bastard :(

Thats why i like adverts compared to done deal. Nosy nosy

• Advertisement

I'm nearly done with sfc collecting, only on the look out for another few and that's me done.Think I've about sixty boxed with no shovelware, don't see the point in having hundreds of games for a sysem when a lot of these may never be played. There seems to be no limit on what people are prepared to pal snes games, the sfc versions are steadily rising too. The condition can make a big difference in price, more people seem to be going for complete games rather than loose carts, there are a lot of repro snes carts doing the rounds which doesn't help matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'm nearly done with sfc collecting, only on the look out for another few and that's me done.Think I've about sixty boxed with no shovelware, don't see the point in having hundreds of games for a sysem when a lot of these may never be played. There seems to be no limit on what people are prepared to pal snes games, the sfc versions are steadily rising too. The condition can make a big difference in price, more people seem to be going for complete games rather than loose carts, there are a lot of repro snes carts doing the rounds which doesn't help matters.

You definitely made the right choice going with SFC. I've most of the SNES games I want at this stage but 80% of them are unboxed. Wish I'd gone CIB when I started buying them years ago, could have retired early!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Cib with Snes is nice, but I'm the opposite & am glad I've gone cart only. The boxes command such a high premium, & I'd be annoyed having to be so cautious opening and closing them all the time :o It's funny though, I'd be box only for Megadrive collecting...I hate loose MD carts!

You definitely made the right choice going with SFC. I've most of the SNES games I want at this stage but 80% of them are unboxed. Wish I'd gone CIB when I started buying them years ago, could have retired early!

The prices are gone stupid though, I traded some ngp doubles for the last couple of sfc games I got. The same ngp games are now selling for stupid money, didn't cost me much ten years ago so I can't complain. I still have another copy, it was a bit of a storage wars win. I'll stick up a picture later to explain it a little better.

This is the same as the game I swapped, it was a very early release on the neo geo pocket b&w in Europe. The serial is NEOP0001. Cost about 20 euro at the time I got it.
    P1050837_zpsf5yrwina.jpgP1050836_zpsvvorlhbf.jpg

This is what I got in return.
    P1050840_zps7pki7set.jpg

And just to show how crazy things have got in the last few years, I got this about twelve years ago for about 30 euro.

P1050839_zpsvw6y8fhw.jpg

And what it sells for now.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Snk-Neo-Geo-Pocket-Game-Picture-Puzzle-Uk-Rare-And-Complete-/141591519662?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item20f78321ae

I'm half thinking of moving some more ngp stuff on as I don't really play it now. I'm still after more than a few Saturn games and the funds would come in handy.

one of them was a used packet of cheese and onion tayto and a club orange.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    one of them was a used packet of cheese and onion tayto and a club orange.

I remember the good old days when it was half a bag of smokey bacon tayto and a bottle of coke.
    Good times..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I remember the good old days when it was half a bag of smokey bacon tayto and a bottle can of coke.
    Good times..

And the whole lot cost you around 50p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Back in the good old days of Supercans

england_1985_single_%20supercan2_500ml.jpg

They were awesome days, though I was more of a supercan Pepsi drinker myself!

My favorite was actually Tanora, just couldn't find a pic

• Advertisement

My favorite was actually Tanora, just couldn't find a pic

Weirdo!

Could be worse, could have said Orangina!

Absolute bargain if true
    There is a copy of the rather rare Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Adventure for the WiiU.
    Only released in the US and Australia, I had to import my sons copy from down under for Christmas and this copy is only a tenner in CEX Limerick!
    https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=9325336175248#.VQknPMseJnE

Vectrex game console, and 11 boxed games.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/161636024807?_mwBanner=1

Absolute bargain if true
    There is a copy of the rather rare Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Adventure for the WiiU.
    Only released in the US and Australia, I had to import my sons copy from down under for Christmas and this copy is only a tenner in CEX Limerick!
    https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=9325336175248#.VQknPMseJnE

Gone all ready!

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Gone all ready!

Well, it's a rare one.
    I'm surprised anyone even realised what it was.

While the site says out of stock it is still registering as being in Limerick.
    Might be worth calling in, just in case.

Well, it's a rare one.
    I'm surprised anyone even realised what it was.

While the site says out of stock it is still registering as being in Limerick.
    Might be worth calling in, just in case.

They must gave got mixed up, they had a unlimited not unmasked. I got Luigi U instead just cause I was there and I had money and I had it in my head to get a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Awesome portable Philips CDi for those who just can't get enough of its awesomeness :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Only bested/equalled by:

20130410-103051.jpg

Drinks always tasted better when they were labelled as a 'crush'. :D

Come on, someone buy this and build a decent bartop
    http://www.ukvac.com/forum/nos-kortek-10-inch-cga-monitor-cib_topic344182.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Its £200 !! Pickup a 14" portable telly for €10 and use that instead.

• Advertisement

Pricey, it is brand new though, well NOS

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Is there something special about that model or something? Seems very pricey. Lol at the burnt carpet remark too. :pac:

I'd say its just because its 10" and NOS
    New CRTs are pricey though, I paid €285 for my Polo21 brand new in 2009 directly from hantarex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Is there something special about that model or something? Seems very pricey. Lol at the burnt carpet remark too. :pac:

Kortek is special for all the wrong reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

http://www.adverts.ie/tablet/xiaomi-mipad-smart-cover/7632505

My tablet is up for sale if anyone is keen (changed to a Windows one recently, hence the sale). Handy for games with the Tegra K GPU and stacks of RAM. :)

Nice GB Micro on Adverts.
    Box is a little worn but otherwise complete and seems he'll take €50 for it

http://www.adverts.ie/7321413

"this Is basically a brand new Gameboy micro in perfect condition"

it also basically has a huge water stain across half the box.

"this Is basically a brand new Gameboy micro in perfect condition"

it also basically has a huge water stain across half the box.

There is that
    But...
    The things cost enough even unboxed, the bits and bobs make it worth it to me, or bargain the guy/gal down further.
    Either way, its a lovely device and well worth owning.

I agree about it being a good price, just don't like people exaggerating about the condition.

• Advertisement

I agree about it being a good price, just don't like people exaggerating about the condition.

I wasn't disagreeing with you!
    It was almost posted in Dreamer of the Year, only that it was priced well.
    Inaccurate adverts are a bane of all of our lives tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement