Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Reminds me, I'm getting shot of my iPad 1 today.........

to part fund my iPad 3 purchase. :o

55px.jpg

I'll also be picking one up at the end of the month or early next month depending on stock.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve SI wrote: »
    55px.jpg

I'll also be picking one up at the end of the month or early next month depending on stock.

Hmm, he jumps to buy the Vita and the New iPad at launch, does he???

Big big windows in the Sony and Apple stores, they just love to see you coming! ;)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hmm, he jumps to buy the Vita and the New iPad at launch, does he???

Big big windows in the Sony and Apple stores, they just love to see you coming! ;)

Maybe. But as I've said before, why wait?
    I like my gadgets and tech(both new and retro) and I'm willing to put my cash where my mouth is and buy them.

Don't be hatin' Cidey, it's people like me that are trying to bring us out of this recession by spending our cash on silly things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Since iOS is so mainstream these days, not having apple devices makes you cool. Therefore I proclaim the majority of the A&R regulars to be hipsters. So hip (replacement) that they don't even know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

ghostchant wrote: »
    Since iOS is so mainstream these days, not having apple devices makes cool. Therefore I proclaim the majority of the A&R regulars to be hipsters. So hip (replacement) that they don't even know it.

Only John Ultimate has the authority to proclaim hipster status

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

EnterNow wrote: »
    Only John Ultimate has the authority to proclaim hipster status

You haven't seen how skinny my jeans are.

Or how ironic my haircut is.

ghostchant wrote: »
    You haven't seen how skinny my jeans are.

Or how ironic my haircut is.

42687834959022007981368.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Doesn't matter if you buy an iPad at launch or not, the price never drops until the launch of it's successor.

I think I got the best out of my iPad 1 over the last 14 months or so. I'm clawing back a few bob to recycle it. Better than leaving it in a drawer and have the value plummet even more.

Problem is though, with that new retina display, let's see how many revamped HD versions of apps and games are thrown at the punter to repurchase now? :mad:

Looking forward to the iPad 3 anyway. It's a more worthwhile upgrade for me than if I had an iPad 2.

Doesn't matter if you buy an iPad at launch or not, the price never drops until the launch of it's successor.

I think I got the best out of my iPad 1 over the last 14 months or so. I'm clawing back a few bob to recycle it. Better than leaving it in a drawer and have the value plummet even more.

Problem is though, with that new retina display, let's see how many revamped HD versions of apps and games are thrown at the punter to repurchase now? :mad:

Looking forward to the iPad 3 anyway. It's a more worthwhile upgrade for me than if I had an iPad 2.

Very true on the pricing all right. The only thing is we won't get to enjoy the LTE radio on it. But I was on to Vodafone on a couple of forums and they do support the HSPA+ standard.

http://www.vodafone.ie/coverage

Mobile Broadband= 3G
    Performance Plus= HSPA+
    Performance Pro= HSPA+ with Dual Carrier tech.

High speed coverage(faster than 3G) is decent in the main cities but not great elsewhere.

I went from iPad to iPad 2 and now on to iPad 3, upgrading as the new models came out. I did sell my iPad 1 a few weeks ago as it would be worth almost nothing by the time the new iPad comes around and I no longer use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I wont be getting an ipad any time soon, way too mainstream for me

rocking one of these bad boys though...

apple-newton.jpg

Only problem is my jeans are too tight to fit it in my pocket, mabye I'll just keep it under my hat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Look at the state of the gold finish on this Zelda cart. Looks like it's been dug out of the ground

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zelda-2-II-Adventure-Link-Nintendo-NES-Game-/150777932931?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item231b10ac83

I kinda like it in a really odd way.

Edit - on the subject of Zelda, what the hell is with all these ugly ass console mods I keep seeing lately?! ack, such a waste of a NES!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-NES-Custom-Gold-Zelda-console-2-custom-gold-controllers-/270867276413?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item3f10f2a27d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

o1s1n wrote: »
    Look at the state of the gold finish on this Zelda cart. Looks like it's been dug out of the ground

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zelda-2-II-Adventure-Link-Nintendo-NES-Game-/150777932931?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item231b10ac83

Edit - on the subject of Zelda, what the hell is with all these ugly ass console mods I keep seeing lately?! ack, such a waste of a NES!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-NES-Custom-Gold-Zelda-console-2-custom-gold-controllers-/270867276413?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item3f10f2a27d

Holy smokes! That NES is frackin' horrendous.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Ok that proves EnterNow's comment the other day correct, people really are storing carts in flower pots/beds. Wtf.

£32 warranty for UK customers. Haven't come across that before, another way to get more money off you. Bit like Argos and their "would you like 1 year cover with that..." crap. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Egret 2
    unfortunately shipping is $800usd.

Although I do like my painted consoles, I only do it to disfigured ones. I dont understand themeing consoles for games though. Although some of them can be cool, like this mega man one, which is only because of the colours that I like it really. Be better withough MM on it imo

In fact that guy does a great job painting consoles and they look amazing in terms of workmanship. He gets paid a nice bita scratch for it but some of the ones just looks horrible afterwards so I couldnt bring myself to do it. A punisher skull and lightning on a NES WTF!

I kind of do want to paint a PS1 like a ZX spectrum though

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

The blue finish on that looks well, but I wouldn't be mad on the stickers. They're just those decals I bought from someone on ebay a while ago. They're nice and all, but they don't really add anything to that NES I think.

Check out how much this Ecco Jr. ended for. I picked it up a few years ago for about €30 delivered from AUS. It's missing the booklet, but still...that's some leap in price!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290680370835?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Yeah I was watching it....really is nuts.

Makes me happy to know I have a nice few of the rarer games. They have gone for stupid money recently

Still have that second Alien Soldier, cant bring myself to put it on the bay

Master of the Universe

Lad in the Uk selling an empty sega Nomad shell for £15. I was in contact with him and he'll post for £10.

Might be a good starting point for a Snes handheld project or something.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150778876090?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Lad in the Uk selling an empty sega Nomad shell for £15. I was in contact with him and he'll post for £10.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150778876090?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I could fit a Raspberry Pi board in there :rolleyes:
    And a screen and plenty of USB storage. But I did say I wouldn't buy anything until the end of the month.
    Hmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I could fit a Raspberry Pi board in there :rolleyes:
    And a screen and plenty of USB storage. But I did say I wouldn't buy anything until the end of the month.
    Hmmm

I say that all the time usually just before I buy something.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Wonder how he ended up with that or what happened to the innards. D-pad and buttons are great on them.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Wonder how he ended up with that or what happened to the innards. D-pad and buttons are great on them.

My thoughts exactly, how the hell do you end up with an empty Nomad?? Unless he had a screen modded one which developed a fault & he needed repair parts. The new screens are hot glued in so not the easiest yoke to get out if you need to

If I got that case it would nearly cost the same as a Raspberry Pi board itself.
    So, I'll give it a miss this time me thinks.

Might also be handy to do a case swap if you have a not so clean and scratch free Nomad.

Master of the Universe

I was trying to figure out how it ended up like that myself. It's really odd.

He either -

Tried to fix a broken Nomad but was unable to - and is too lazy to put it back together.
    Or
    Tried to mod it and broke the thing.
    Or
    Took the innards out for another project (absolute sacrilege if so, as cheap Megadrive clone handhelds are all over the place)
    Or
    Has taken the whole concept of selling his collection a bit far and decided to break down everything into parts :confused:

Well I just got some money into my paypal account, Now to blow it on games

I really want to get a complete SNES game, anyone have a good suggestions where to start with this limited collection I want to make of them???

Master of the Universe

A link to the past fully cib would be a sight to behold :)

A link to the past fully cib would be a sight to behold :)

It only counts if it comes with the small black book of hints too.

Found one, but wont know about shipping until I get a reply.

I'm my panic I've ordered 2 new pairs of slacks...slim cut not skinny.....Sorry johnny ultimate, coldnt bring myself to go to the dark side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm my panic I've ordered 2 new pairs of slacks...slim cut not skinny.....Sorry johnny ultimate, coldnt bring myself to go to the dark side

Just paint your legs. You might as well, as the tightness of some jeans is horrific!

Ah well, that's the iPad 1 sold. O2 Recycle offered €131.

Just sold mine in Gamestop for €220. Offer is limited so if anyone is thinking of selling their iPad 1, this is the best price online or offline.

Now for an iPad 3. :D

• Advertisement

Ah well, that's the iPad 1 sold. O2 Recycle offered €131.

Just sold mine in Gamestop for €220. Offer is limited so if anyone is thinking of selling their iPad 1, this is the best price online or offline.

Now for an iPad 3. :D

Sold my iPad 1 for 370 a few weeks ago. I did include a few extras with it though. Think I'll donate the iPad 2 to the girlfriend when I get the new one.

Now, hopefully they get a bit of stock in ireland. Or I might just order it online and wait the 1 or 2 weeks it'll take.

Mine was bare bones 16gb WiFi. Happy at the price as I bought it refurbished from Apple when the iPad 2 launched. :)

Mine was bare bones 16gb WiFi. Happy at the price as I bought it refurbished from Apple when the iPad 2 launched. :)

Yeah that was a good price for it.

Sure might as well just get an iPad 2 now :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Although I do like my painted consoles, I only do it to disfigured ones. I dont understand themeing consoles for games though. Although some of them can be cool, like this mega man one, which is only because of the colours that I like it really. Be better withough MM on it imo

In fact that guy does a great job painting consoles and they look amazing in terms of workmanship. He gets paid a nice bita scratch for it but some of the ones just looks horrible afterwards so I couldnt bring myself to do it. A punisher skull and lightning on a NES WTF!

I kind of do want to paint a PS1 like a ZX spectrum though

How would you cover and paint the tiny font decal on the NES cart flap?

How would you cover and paint the tiny font decal on the NES cart flap?

I'd say he made a stencil of it, painted over the old one and stenciled on the new one.

I actually talked to that fella before. He uses a laser cut stencil and paints it on that way.

Yeah that was a good price for it.

Sure might as well just get an iPad 2 now :p

Haha stop trying to do an o1s1n on me! Is the iPad 3 available to pre order anywhere?

I might be away on business in Jersey, London and Dubai for a bit of April so pondering a tax free one. If not, I have a 15% off code for the Apple store I could use...

Haha stop trying to do an o1s1n on me! Is the iPad 3 available to pre order anywhere?

I might be away on business in Jersey, London and Dubai for a bit of April so pondering a tax free one. If not, I have a 15% off code for the Apple store I could use...

Not in Ireland. But people have started to receive them in the US and the reviews and tear downs are out now. No surprise that its the same as the iPad 2, as in mostly battery.

Doesn't the UK get them tomorrow morning?

Not in Ireland. But people have started to receive them in the US and the reviews and tear downs are out now. No surprise that its the same as the iPad 2, as in mostly battery.

Doesn't the UK get them tomorrow morning?

Dunno. I thought the UK release was the same as Eire? What's the story with Apple Store pre-ordering? Will they announce the time or something to go online and order? I'm not used to this Apple fanaticism lark (mainly because I don't really give a hoot, I just need an iPad 3 to travel).

• Advertisement

Dunno. I thought the UK release was the same as Eire? What's the story with Apple Store pre-ordering? Will they announce the time or something to go online and order? I'm not used to this Apple fanaticism lark (mainly because I don't really give a hoot, I just need an iPad 3 to travel).

You can buy it tomorrow in stores in the UK or grab it online now.

Not sure about pre-orders for Ireland but its available from the 23rd of this month in shops(if you manage to grab one of the 5 iPad's they get in stock).
    Nothing about pre-orders on the Irish apple site just yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The UK usually gets stuff a week or two before the rest of us.
    All we need to make the new ipad a must have is an updated iMame4all with an updated game roster.
    I'd buy that for a dollar!

You can buy it tomorrow in stores in the UK or grab it online now.

Not sure about pre-orders for Ireland but its available from the 23rd of this month in shops(if you manage to grab one of the 5 iPad's they get in stock).
    Nothing about pre-orders on the Irish apple site just yet.

Groovy. Happy to wait it out. I have a coupon for the Apple site so I'll just buy it there. Same place I bought the refurb iPad 1. Delivery was super swift with them, no messing around.

By the way, I asked yer wan at Gamestop if they were selling on the iPads. Apparently not, they are just sending them to Apple. Very weird.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The UK usually gets stuff a week or two before the rest of us.
    All we need to make the new ipad a must have is an updated iMame4all with an updated game roster.
    I'd buy that for a dollar!

You know you can add games to iMame4All even if you're not jailbroken.

You know you can add games to iMame4All even if you're not jailbroken.

I jailbroke my iPad the day I got it. An hour later it was back to factory stock. Couldn't be bothered with it.

In the ownership lifespan of my iPad one, all I did was play Cave shmups and the excellent Darius Burst iOS...

...which I might start blubbing about now. I miss Darius Burst iOS! Where's my Darius Burst AC EX tote bag so I can blub my tears on to it?

I'm off to go play Darius Burst on the PSP, hate the controls, then play some Darius R on the Game Boy Micro to cheer me up!

...then realize Steven Emmanuelle Ulysses SI has two copies of Darius Alpha and blub some more. :(

I jailbroke my iPad the day I got it. An hour later it was back to factory stock. Couldn't be bothered with it.

In the ownership lifespan of my iPad one, all I did was play Cave shmups and the excellent Darius Burst iOS...

...which I might start blubbing about now. I miss Darius Burst iOS! Where's my Darius Burst AC EX tote bag so I can blub my tears on to it?

I'm off to go play Darius Burst on the PSP, hate the controls, then play some Darius R on the Game Boy Micro to cheer me up!

...then realize Steven Emmanuelle Ulysses SI has two copies of Darius Alpha and blub some more. :(

You might need to change that in a while :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

You might need to change that in a while :pac::pac::pac:

Are you buying another one or selling one? :confused:

Are you buying another one or selling one? :confused:

I aint sellin

I aint sellin

A THIRD? HOLY CRAP! :eek:

Very envious! :(

I aint sellin

You know there are other people who might like to purchase a copy of it, but there'll be none left the way you're going! :P

A THIRD? HOLY CRAP! :eek:

Very envious! :(

It's not 100 percent yet. That copy that was on sale in Akihabara is now sold to someone I know very well over there. Possible trade happening if we can agree on something.

I wonder how many are left of these things? Can I possible get them all?
    Am I like that dude from Pokemon who has to catch em all?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement