Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Steve SI wrote: »
    Cool, sold to you so. :)

Do you have an MVS itself? I've a spare one at home I was gonna stick up next week at some stage.

Sweet, what kind of MVS is it. Have none yet so looking around for a MV-1C or MV-1F.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Sweet, what kind of MVS is it. Have none yet so looking around for a MV-1C or MV-1F.

It's a MV-1FZ I've got spare with a unibios chip in it.

http://www.hardmvs.com/html/MV-1FZ.htm

http://unibios.free.fr/whatisit.html

It's a MV-1FZ I've got spare with a unibios chip in it.

http://www.hardmvs.com/html/MV-1FZ.htm

http://unibios.free.fr/whatisit.html

Cool, I can work with that :D PM me the details and I'll collect next week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A magnificent beast of a console, really is the trophy you can show non retro gamers when they question your obsession, a quick blast and they will understand....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Cool, sold to you so. :)

Do you have an MVS itself? I've a spare one at home I was gonna stick up next week at some stage.

aaaaghhh I bought this in a shot, Nice one, been on look out for one.
    Great price too steve!!! They 70 STG elsewhere.... Steve Rocks!

For those who like their Laserdisc games but want to run them on more modern Laserdisc machines.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280867539666&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:IE:1123

$(KGrHqR,!owE9d!Ctf1SBPcm73DSWg~~60_12.JPG

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd imagine there could be some real gems in this if they ever decide to split: http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/home-arcade-room-complete-contents-for-sale/1568785

So many job lots on adverts though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Holy crap!

Trying to sell that as a lot is pretty much a way of not selling it. Maybe wifey said it all had to go so he put it up 'for sale'.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Always bound to be unfortunate or reluctant circumstances when a collection with that much work put into it has to be sold.

I guess selling it on its own would be a logistical nightmare, although Ebay would be much more suitable a location for a bulk sale rather than adverts.

Still, let's hope it gets split ;) 5,000 actually sounds pretty reasonable given the amount of stuff in there, and I'm sure a collector of that enthusiasm would surely have a fine software selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Trying to sell that as a lot is pretty much a way of not selling it

Agreed, nobody is gonna hand him 5k for everything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Offered him a fair €80 for the Transformers Multicart, looks like a nice collection and I really don't have the room to collect loads of Jamma PCBs, although there will be a spot for a Namco collection board, someday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »
    Holy crap!

Trying to sell that as a lot is pretty much a way of not selling it. Maybe wifey said it all had to go so he put it up 'for sale'.

I hate ads that say "not splitting" or job lots. Best way to sell it would be sell the cabs and large items locally and then split everything else. Then stick everything unsold on ebay.

I want all of it though! Think the bank would approve a 5k loan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭ondafly

I have cash waiting for that cab ! Been actively searching for a atomiswave for ages now and being let down by sellers not replying etc and here one pops up down the road from me ! Hopefully the seller has a change of heart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

what would be a reasonable price to pay for this all in?
    was considering bidding, but the £38.90 postage they quoted me (registered, insured,etc) is a bit offputting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Ask them if you can do the courier yourself (usually about £20, up to £20 insurance)

Flogging a Sidewinder Force feedback joystick, price is very negotiable would probably swap for a few Megadrive/Snes/NES carts.

http://www.adverts.ie/accessories/microsoft-sidewinder-2-force-feedback-joystick/1569686

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,105 ✭✭✭Doge

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Holy smokes! Would each neo geo game be worth £80 each on average?

That's pretty much what the current bid is clocking.

I know each game has a different value and what not.

Edit: Jaysus just saw the shipping price there, and the fact there's a full 9 days left! :eek:

• Advertisement

I see now the shipping price is just a placeholder:

"I haven't checked the exact price for postage in the UK or Worldwide but will add that later. I can't see it being cheap though. It would have to be fully insured to protect all parties.
    Postage listed isn't correct but eBay forces you to add it."

Some auction though!

waveform wrote: »
    I see now the shipping price is just a placeholder:

"I haven't checked the exact price for postage in the UK or Worldwide but will add that later. I can't see it being cheap though. It would have to be fully insured to protect all parties.
    Postage listed isn't correct but eBay forces you to add it."

Some auction though!

I can drive over and collect for £800 :)

Master of the Universe

Simple answer - you're not! Only drug lords and IT related billionares collect for the AES.

The rest of us buy one of these -

superneoconvertorblue.jpg

And use MVS carts!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Get yourself a proper MVS board and do it properly, pantry peasant!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Get yourself a proper MVS board and do it properly, pantry peasant!

He has a 4 or 6 slot one iirc. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Andrew76 wrote: »

Touche!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Touche!

4 is excessive and well 6 is just compensating.. :D

Yeah was looking at a converter but pricey enough as well. Think I might just become a drug lord be handier, just call me EscobarOTT from now on.

Master of the Universe

Unfortunately for me, a 6 slot. Was grand when I had a woody cab (6 MVS games at the touch of a button was rather cool), not so useful anymore though.

Sold off my 1 slot when I got it. Should have kept the thing. :(

Might be worth sticking on your watch list if your're looking to kick start a Sega Megadrive collection. Shipping a bit steep though..

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ULTIMATE-SEGA-BUNDLE-SEGA-MEGA-CD-2-SEGA-MEGA-DRIVE-32X-RARE-/300700929639?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item46032c0e67#ht_1402wt_1054

• Advertisement

Might be worth sticking on your watch list if your're looking to kick start a Sega Megadrive collection. Shipping a bit steep though..

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ULTIMATE-SEGA-BUNDLE-SEGA-MEGA-CD-2-SEGA-MEGA-DRIVE-32X-RARE-/300700929639?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item46032c0e67#ht_1402wt_1054

That shipping isn't that bad, considering. It's a heavy enough trilogy of consoles that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

EnterNow wrote: »
    That shipping isn't that bad, considering. It's a heavy enough trilogy of consoles that :)
    I can ship a pool table to the UK for €20 :pac:

pool-table-16.jpg

€40 for three consoles? Seriously, I've seen worse. Much worse.

€40 for three consoles? Seriously, I've seen worse. Much worse.

I've paid worse for shipping a single console !!

I've paid worse for shipping a single console !!

There you go, I think it's a reasonable enough postal cost given the package.

UK post is set to rise in May, god knows what we'll be facing :rolleyes:

There you go, I think it's a reasonable enough postal cost given the package.

UK post is set to rise in May, god knows what we'll be facing :rolleyes:

Ya but I was stupid to pay that much for postage !!

On a side note, just got refunded £1.20 cus the guy quoted me too much in postage for a SNES cart :)

Ya but I was stupid to pay that much for postage !!

On a side note, just got refunded £1.20 cus the guy quoted me too much in postage for a SNES cart :)

Unexpected refunds are the ebay equivalent of finding a fiver in an old jacket.

After I got that neo geo I found 25 euro in an coat left in the car. Made me feel a little less remorse and I also got a batter burger.

Neo Geo, free wheelie bag, 25euro in my coat pocket and a batter burger. That was a great day.

After I got that neo geo I found 25 euro in an coat left in the car. Made me feel a little less remorse and I also got a batter burger.

Neo Geo, free wheelie bag, 25euro in my coat pocket and a batter burger. That was a great day.

That does sound like a great day! Mmmmmm batter burger, mmmmmmmmm batter burger with curry sauce... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

You should never eat a batter burger found in a car, in fact never eat a found batter burger, actually best off to just not eat batter burgers.:D

You should never eat a batter burger found in a car, in fact never eat a found batter burger, actually best off to just not eat batter burgers.:D

I on the other hand always say, better to have found a batter burger and partaken of its heavenly pleasures, than to have eaten ketchup sandwiches.

(OwaynOTT 2012)

Rousseau says it far better than I

'Man is born free, and everywhere he is eating batter burgers. One man thinks himself above the batter burger, but he remains a slave to healthy eating.'

(Rousseau 1762)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

I on the other hand always say, better to have found a batter burger and partaken of its heavenly pleasures, than to have eaten ketchup sandwiches.

(OwaynOTT 2012)

Rousseau says it far better than I

'Man is born free, and everywhere he is eating batter burgers. One man thinks himself above the batter burger, but he remains a slave to healthy eating.'

(Rousseau 1762)

It took me many years to get over my crippling bater burger addiction, I'm just trying to help people not make the same mistake I did.

It took me many years to get over my crippling bater burger addiction, I'm just trying to help people not make the same mistake I did.

BBA?

This ones for Pyongy.
    It comes with the letter of success and that's fairly rare to get(took me a while to find one a couple of years back)

$(KGrHqR,!pIE8VbQtv7QBPWWYyG(d!~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqN,!jUE9IG(gYRHBPWWYycG(g~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!r!E88gTmfgRBPWWYzyP(Q~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170831154471&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:IE:1123

Master of the Universe

You posted that at 19:48 and still no reply from Pyong?

Better call an ambulance?

Arnie's shirt finally made it out to the house. It really is huge. Goes well with the gold wallpaper. (Yes yes, I know, I have gold wallpaper :pac:)

SDC10966.jpg

DSC_0660-1.jpg

SDC10962.jpg

This is pretty cool, signed by Eddie Furlong. Also have Joe Morton's (Myles Dyson) and Earl Boen's (Dr. Silberman) autograph cards in the frame. Have to do something proper with them. Also have a few other sigs to find a place for.

SDC10960.jpg

• Advertisement

I'd say that shirt cost you mad money dude.
    I've picked up a few bits of movie memorabilia and old posters over the years and prices can be crazy, as in cost of a new car/house/girlfriend crazy. It's not something I think I'd ever get into in a big way as to get all the stuff I'd like would ruin me and I'd be on the streets.
    I did get an original certified Star Wars poster a good few years ago. That was probably the most expensive movie thing I've got but that wasnt even that bad. I'd say that shirt was a lot more.

I did get an original certified Star Wars poster a good few years ago.

What VGA rating did this poster have? :pac:

@o1s1n: As cool as the framed poster and t-shirt are, I can't stop looking at that damn gold wallpaper, it's awesome! A pantry and gold wallpaper - Celtic Tiger Safari still rockin over your way. :pac: :p

Master of the Universe

I'd say that shirt cost you mad money dude.
    I've picked up a few bits of movie memorabilia and old posters over the years and prices can be crazy, as in cost of a new car/house/girlfriend crazy. It's not something I think I'd ever get into in a big way as to get all the stuff I'd like would ruin me and I'd be on the streets.
    I did get an original certified Star Wars poster a good few years ago. That was probably the most expensive movie thing I've got but that wasnt even that bad. I'd say that shirt was a lot more.

It was pretty expensive alright. I think I got it for a good price when compared to other items I've seen from Terminator 2 though.

You're right though, expense wise, it's not the kind of thing you want to get into. Really makes this whole videogame collecting thing feel like a cheap man's game :D

I'd love to see that Star Wars poster, have you got it framed and up on the wall?
    @o1s1n: As cool as the framed poster and t-shirt are, I can't stop looking at that damn gold wallpaper, it's awesome! A pantry and gold wallpaper - Celtic Tiger Safari still rockin over your way. :pac: :p

Haha! A pantry and gold wallpaper, what more does a man need?

I absolutely love that wallpaper. Apparantly it was put up back in the 60s and was super expensive at the time. My girlfriend hates it. It's never coming down though, never!!!

Vectrex game lot here 1 day left, 12 games without boxes, but with carts, overlays and manuals:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/VECTREX-HUGE-GAME-LOT-Overlays-Instruction-Booklets-Cartridges-SHIP-WORLDWIDE-/160786792112?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256fa3beb0

$(KGrHqRHJEcE913!4EvIBPkjRBdhng~~60_12.JPG

$102 dollars, no bids, $144 Buy it now.

International shipping says $24 but I reckon it might be more than that so message the seller first.

It also comes with a spike overlay and instruction manual but without the cart.

Berzerk is the only game without the instruction manual.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement