Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The Megacd is tempting but I just cannot bring myself to get a model 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Anybody know where to get a decent enough copy of Sonic Jam that won't cost me the price of a decent meal?

Thanks. There seem to be a few in ok enough condition on Amazon but most of the sellers won't ship to Ireland.... bah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

keithgeo wrote: »
    Posted up my megadrive games on adverts. I suppose you could say there are no bargains to be had there because i based the prices on general ones from ebay.

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/58-boxed-sega-megadrive-games/1693769

and the mega cd ones i have here..

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/5-sega-mega-cd-games/1695002

and a megadrive 2 with megacd attatchment..

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/sega-megadrive-2-and-megacdii/1690109

theres some other stuff in my ads too.. ive 5 months to get rid of these so i dont mind letting them sit for a while.

Went to look at your other ads.
    NOOO!!!!, Citrix books :eek: :eek::eek: After my CCIE I truly never wish to see one again.

Good selection on megadrive games though so all is forgiven.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

haha yeh i know, some lad offered me 40 for all of them, i should have accepted, seems like no one else wants them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Posted up my megadrive games on adverts. I suppose you could say there are no bargains to be had there because i based the prices on general ones from ebay.

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/58-boxed-sega-megadrive-games/1693769

theres some other stuff in my ads too.. ive 5 months to get rid of these so i dont mind letting them sit for a while.

I've never owned a Megadrive game in my life but I know that's a nice collection, its a sad day that sees that sold.

Can I ask though why Did you have Sonic 3 at that price? is it a good bit less common than other games?

I think this bloke may have been reading our thread earlier heh... but he really does hit the nail on the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭MalvinMcPot

It was probably that ultra mega rare version of Mario 2 that's shell was chiseled from ivory and gem studded. I hear it came with your own Shigeru Miyamoto clone.

Kind of reminds me of alphaeagles prices

I've never owned a Megadrive game in my life but I know that's a nice collection, its a sad day that sees that sold.

Can I ask though why Did you have Sonic 3 at that price? is it a good bit less common than other games?

I checked on ebay and thats what the average price was, i know thats not always correct but i have 5 months to sell these so i can always lower the prices down eventually. Ive sold it for near that price too already, so it must be around right!

Im not a huge megadrive player myself i have to admit, i didnt have one when i was younger and i rarely play those games so they are the first to go. My nes collection on the other hand, id rather not get married than sell them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Kind of reminds me of alphaeagles prices

MalvinMcP ( not new to these pages.) LOL...whats wrong with my prices ????????????????????????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ah, prices are prices. People can charge what they want. It's their stuff after all. Sometimes you do have to set things high on adverts seeing as nobody can offer above the asking - so why would you set asking low?

What bothers me (and most here I think) is when things are either misrepresented as being 'rare', 'mint', 'new in box' or just blatant reseller profiteering.

The profiteering is especially bad as it takes bargains away from those who want the items and tries to make a few quid off of it. As bad as being a ticket tout really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

Kind of reminds me of...

I think there's a line between complaining about how adverts.ie can attract sellers expecting well above market rates and singling out one seller. It's a fine line but its the difference between looking for changes in how adverts.ie operates and getting much too personal.

Crossing it brings at the very least internet drama, and there's enough of that everywhere else.

I think anyone who puts a price on something on adverts and expects to get that is deluded. you have to put higher than what you want, its the nature of that site.

a5y wrote: »
    I think there's a line between complaining about how adverts.ie can attract sellers expecting well above market rates and singling out one seller. It's a fine line but its the difference between looking for changes in how adverts.ie operates and getting much too personal.

Crossing it brings at the very least internet drama, and there's enough of that everywhere else.

Says the bloke that was ribbing somebody for selling very common Saturn games as 'Rare'.

*whistles innocently :D

Hey not attacking anyone. maybe should have added a smiley. Nothing wrong with your prices just asked yesterday how much a atari jaguar was. realized i wasn't being a gob****e offering 50 quid on a 70 quid jag....... merely an observation alpha. and i am fairly new around here i only have a handful of posts and this is an already established community. Sorry if i hurt your feelings again but you did ban me from commenting on your ads need to vent somewhere ;)

MalvinMcP ( not new to these pages.)

Whats that supposed to mean?

I think anyone who puts a price on something on adverts and expects to get that is deluded. you have to put higher than what you want, its the nature of that site.

Yea sure i do the same but when a fair offer is made i go with that i'm not into milking people.

http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/

Anyone ever use these guys for arcade parts before? are they reliable?

Yea sure i do the same but when a fair offer is made i go with that i'm not into milking people.

I have no problem milking people, im not going to turn down money!

"I Like Money"

Mr._Krabs'_Love_of_Money.jpg

• Advertisement

"I Like Money"

Lol who doesnt kieth.

You sold me a nes and three games last year and your prices were grand. sure you told me you had modded it when i met up with you to pick it up. Excellent adverts experience.:)

I'm also trying to source some wireless sega saturn controllers has anyone ever used one are they reliable enough to fork out the mad coin being asked for them?

Sega_Saturn_IR_Pads_02.jpg

"I Like Money"

That would be me if I stopped buying retro systems.......Happy with a bag of money. What more could you ask for.:D

Ok two bags of money.......

That would be me if I stopped buying retro systems.......Happy with a bag of money. What more could you ask for.:D

Ok two bags of money.......

did you ever pick up a 32x in the end alpha? did you get that plastic spacer for the model II megadrive......cost me 20 quid for one of them from the US.....20 quid for a piece of plastic but i just couldnt leave it without. my addiction kicked into overdrive :D

http://www.robwebb1.plus.com/saturn/saturnhard.htm

Anyone have dealings with this site?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

http://www.robwebb1.plus.com/saturn/saturnhard.htm

Anyone have dealings with this site?

Not me personally but I'm wondering is that the place EnterNow get's his scart cables from? He might be more familiar with them.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I've bought a tonne of stuff from him too via his ebay store. Nice chap to deal with.

thanks for the reply man

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm also trying to source some wireless sega saturn controllers has anyone ever used one are they reliable enough to fork out the mad coin being asked for them?

Wireless pads before the wavebird have been pretty terrible. They need line of sight with the received making them awkward and there's input lag as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Wireless pads before the wavebird have been pretty terrible. They need line of sight with the received making them awkward and there's input lag as well.

Yeah, I've a set of wireless pads for the megadrive and they are more a novelty than something you'd actually use. Way to much lag on them.

steve si are they the official wireless set you have i had a sega set for the megadrive and they were ok a small bit of lag but still payable.....and i doubt the tech changed much for the saturn.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Argh! Another heart attack inducing auction which had me pouncing on the buy it now. Luckily I read the small print below first

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FASELEI-NEO-GEO-POCKET-COLOUR-ENGLISH-VERSION-/180894738316?pt=Video_Game_Memory_Cards&hash=item2a1e2aa78c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Not me personally but I'm wondering is that the place EnterNow get's his scart cables from? He might be more familiar with them.

Yeah thats the same seller, he's grand I've bought a few times from him before.

See a guy is selling a commodore CDTV on adverts......

http://www.adverts.ie/1695476

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

steve si are they the official wireless set you have i had a sega set for the megadrive and they were ok a small bit of lag but still payable.....and i doubt the tech changed much for the saturn.

For the stuff you are going to be playing on the saturn the lag the wireless pads introduce will really frustrate and annoy you. They are all based on infra red so suffer the same amount of lag.

did you ever pick up a 32x in the end alpha? did you get that plastic spacer for the model II megadrive......cost me 20 quid for one of them from the US.....20 quid for a piece of plastic but i just couldnt leave it without. my addiction kicked into overdrive :D

No sorry to say I did not get an 32x:(. This item still is on my want list.......
    on the other side I have way to many stuff now...I have branched off into computers now.

Must get one shortly......;)

No sorry to say I did not get an 32x:(. This item still is on my want list.......
    on the other side I have way to many stuff now...I have branched off into computers now.

Must get one shortly......;)

Must have a dig about i think i may have another one in the attic i doubt i still have the cables i'll let you know by tomorrow. i got a couple of systems up there im cleaning out that i have feck all room down here again.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    For the stuff you are going to be playing on the saturn the lag the wireless pads introduce will really frustrate and annoy you. They are all based on infra red so suffer the same amount of lag.

Cheers for the heads up retro. the bloody price people are looking for them. i suppose its for the collectors.

Master of the Universe

o1s1n wrote: »

God damn, I've a holiday coming up so can't afford it and anyway it would probably end up in the attic since I've so little room :( You win some you lose some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

"ALSO THIS IS A VERTICAL GAME SO YOUR MONITOR WILL NEED TO BE IN THE VERTICAL POSITION."

That makes me wonder, is there any solution for Arcade cabinets that allow the monitor to be rotated easily?

Imagine a motorized rotatable monitor mount thingy....

Talking about CRTs here, not those silly LCD things that are all the rage these days.

• Advertisement

Stolen from the same facebook page:

I have you now!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Sounds like he's another UK only seller. :rolleyes:
    postage only no collections and uk buyers only no items anywhere abroad.

waveform wrote: »
    Stolen from the same facebook page:

I have you now!

Y U POST THIS IN HERE STUPID MAN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

100 quid for an xbox 360 wired controller

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270843982733?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Am I missing something, surely this is a mistake.

Kolido wrote: »
    100 quid for an xbox 360 wired controller

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270843982733?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Am I missing something, surely this is a mistake.

It's rare and sealed. You won't get that in your local games top.. and by that I mean the place would be swimming in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Sounds like he's another UK only seller. :rolleyes:

The joys of being British. :D

money-graphics-2008_865570a.jpg

queen-elizabeth-ii2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Pyongyang wrote: »
    The joys of being British. :D

1246585752_1964_full.jpeg

chav.jpg

tumblr_lj80u53J3c1qigzqno1_500.jpg

I know its awful, at least your here now :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Muslamic Rayguns, wasn't that a weapon in Ratchet and Clank???

Oh look here comes an enemy... Wappp!!, And now he's a modestly dressed gentleman who doesn't eat pork and uses a prayer mat several times a day..... yeah, I can see why that gun is so feared....
    I wonder if Nike, Adidas and Reebok are sponsoring that march....
    At least those examples of the British populace are thankfully clear of the hipster menace....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah thank god he's here now

bcPmR.jpg

IMG_4119-v21.jpg

Irish_economy_central-bank-April032009.JPG

• Advertisement

I EFFING LOVE QUEEN!

queen-rock-group-freddie-mercury-in-concert-at-st-james-park-in-newcastle-1986.jpg?1314380489

....that is all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement