Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wow, they're some good prices! 545Gbp for Atomiswave SDs cant be beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Yeah really good..what does is shipping come to for Ireland does anyone know.
    Tempted..very tempted to get a blast city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

Jeff from Digitalsystems is a having a Candy cab sale on AO.
    http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=21381

*note you'll have to be AO member with >1 post to view

I'm not on AO, but since I'm curious, I took the plunge.

Let the record show that if I end up buying a candy cab, it is all unky chop chop's fault. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

DO IT,DO IT..
    Think about it, you can make sacrifices like living on bread and water for next month...but if you look at the long term benefits :)

Also see Ronnie on AO selling this net city for 849 euro.
    His shipping is bang on 200 to Dublin...so all in all it aint bad for this beauty with Tri-synch monitor
    NNC%20(3).jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Oh jesus some gorgeous cabs in that thread....That blast city, I'm looking at what I can sell right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

DO IT,DO IT..
    Think about it, you can make sacrifices like living on bread and water for next month...but if you look at the long term benefits :)

Also see Ronnie on AO selling this net city for 849 euro.
    His shipping is bang on 200 to Dublin...so all in all it aint bad for this beauty with Tri-synch monitor
    NNC%20(3).jpg

Oh sweet credit union don't let me down..

DO IT,DO IT..

Well, I've yet to get my first approved, so it'll not be happening inside the next 24 hours. Though I'm enjoying their wiki's info on SuperGuns.

Plus its got the first proper gallery of different arcade machine models, complete with photos I've seen anywhere (pity they aren't in a higher resolution). Definitely worth a click for a few minutes of OOOOH and AHHHHs. :p

I'm just going to put this up here, sorry for spamming but I want to make some space

Open to offers and trades aswell so do your worst!
    http://www.adverts.ie/games/md1-ps1-ps2-xbox-games/1981028

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,885 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Also see Ronnie on AO selling this new net city for 849 euro.

New net city, sir. :pac:

p43 of its manual is such a tease.

217986.png

Hmm.Its almost looks like a DIY blueprint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Is it just me or does the Atomiswave cab look very like a stand up NAOMI cab?

Yeah some of the parts are almost identical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

it aint bad for this beauty with Tri-synch monitor
    NNC%20%283%29.jpg

Does anyone have a tri-sync monitor here? I'm very curious as to how they look when fed a 15khz signal. Is 15khz on a tri-sync really the same great quality as a dedicated "15khz only" monitor such as a Hantarex MTC9000?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Achilles wrote: »
    Is it just me or does the Atomiswave cab look very like a stand up NAOMI cab?

You sure you're looking at the correct cabs? They look nothing alike.
    Does anyone have a tri-sync monitor here? I'm very curious as to how they look when fed a 15khz signal. Is 15khz on a tri-sync really the same great quality as a dedicated "15khz only" monitor such as a Hantarex MTC9000?

I have a tri-sync and it looks excellent to me. Don't have a dedicated 15kHz monitor to compare it to though.

Master of the Universe

I've heard different things from people regarding tri syncs and 15k. Personally the only one I've played is in Andrew76's Atomiswave and I thought it looked great.

My own cab has a dedicated 15k monitor which does look really lovely. But I'd be more than happy with a tri sync too.

I guess it depends which tri sync monitor and chassis you're using too. Some would handle it better than others.

Master of the Universe

Here's quite possibly the oddest attachment I've ever seen. I would love to have been in the board room when someone pitched that idea and everyone thought it was great.

A sonar attachment for the original Gameboy to catch fish - real fish.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=271037330648&nma=true&rt=nc&si=5Muw8XYLe%252Fyih9pybdbeq3coeIk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I've a tri sync monitor in my Egret 3 and the 15k looks very nice indeed. It all comes down to the monitor and most certainly the chassis used.
    I'm sure a very nice dedicated 15k probably has a superior image but I prefer a good tri sync and chassis as it makes hooking other stuff up a lot easier (hyperspin pc, x360, Dreamcast etc etc)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    You sure you're looking at the correct cabs? They look nothing alike.

This...
    220px-Sega_astro_city_candy_cab.jpg

Looks nothing like this?

4046148436_c24d834622.jpg

Apart from the fact that the back is hollow on one and not the other the lines and curves of the unit are very very similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

The first cab isn't an Atomiswave, its a Sega Astro City.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

And it still looks nothing like a Naomi/New Net City! :D

This...
    220px-Sega_astro_city_candy_cab.jpg

Looks nothing like this?

4046148436_c24d834622.jpg

Apart from the fact that the back is hollow on one and not the other the lines and curves of the unit are very very similar.

Have you actually ever seen these in the flesh? They look nothing alike apart from the fact they both have buttons and a screen :)

thick%2Bglasses.jpg

Well they all look the same to me bar a few differences. :P

Also the first pic is an Atomiswave.

Steve SI wrote: »
    Have you actually ever seen these in the flesh? They look nothing alike apart from the fact they both have buttons and a screen :)

thick%2Bglasses.jpg

I have... they looks very similar to me! The shape / layout is the same... and I mean that beyond buttons and a screen.

I appreciate that not everybody shares this opinion but they look the same or at least very similar to me!

Well they all look the same to me bar a few differences. :P

Atomiswave
    370px-AWSD.jpg

Sega Astro City
    Sega_Astro_City.jpg

You do realise quite a few of us here actual own various candies including the above type yes? :D

Lads he has to be trolling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I have a New Astro City and even that is a lot different to an Astro City but I can say 110% that an Astro City looks nothing like an Atomiswave.

If you said an Atomiswave looked like an Egret I'd agree, they are more or less the same cab.

Yeah, I took the bait :o

/shame mode activated

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I have a New Astro City and even that is a lot different to an Astro City but I can say 110% that an Astro City looks nothing like an Atomiswave.

If you said an Atomiswave looked like an Egret I'd agree, they are more or less the same cab.

An Atomiswave (which I think Andrew has) is pretty much the same cab as an Egret 3 (which I have). Other Egrets do look a bit different.

Master of the Universe

He's definitely not. That cabinet in your house is not an Atomiswave Andrew76. The marquee and the top and the artwork on the control panel is lying to you! :D

I'm not trolling.

They all have a very similar shape bar a few minor differences on the outside.

Look I don't want to start a debate here I was just stating an opinion, if you disagree with me then fair enough.

The mistaken Atomiswave pic was due to Google Pic search, so apologies for that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Erm... I think the two examples pictured look similar.
    Now, there is no sense of scale there, maybe there are size differences, but they are both white cabs, with similar stick/button layouts, excepting in the pic where one is 3 button and the other 6.
    The screens are at a similar pitch and there are cosmetic differences between the marquees but overall they are more alike than not.
    The way the screen is set into the bezel is certainly different and the lock box for the cash beneath the coin mech is different in size but, again, they are quite similar.

Ease up now!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Erm... I think the two examples pictured look similar.
    Now, there is no sense of scale there, maybe there are size differences, but they are both white cabs, with similar stick/button layouts, excepting in the pic where one is 3 button and the other 6.
    The screens are at a similar pitch and there are cosmetic differences between the marquees but overall they are more alike than not.
    The way the screen is set into the bezel is certainly different and the lock box for the cash beneath the coin mech is different in size but, again, they are quite similar.

Ease up now!

Never!! The do not look alike.
    I suppose a Toyota Corolla looks like a Ford Focus in that they have 4 wheels and both drive on the road.

Anyway, this is what a forum is for, discussing and debating each others views and opinions on stuff.
    Although it is in the wrong thread and should be in "general retro"or a new thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I've been out all day & came home to find this huge nerd battle has broken out :D

To join in, I personally don't think they look alike at all :confused:

EnterNow wrote: »
    I've been out all day & came home to find this huge nerd battle has broken out :D

To join in, I personally don't think they look alike at all :confused:

nerd.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

Sparks43 wrote: »

Back up but a bit pricier... (EDIT: was at 200euro, advert deleted)
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/arcade-game/2003690

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

withdrawn now, doubt anyone would buy off him anyway with those 4 negs

Other than the Net City and New Net City I can't tell Sega's cab designs from each other at a glance. The Net Citys have a distinct side profile because of their load bearing uprights, but the rest don't have that.

That said, I've only taken a recent interest in arcade cabs, and most of the hour's I've spent in the arcades would have been playing on western JAMMA cabs with the artwork often not matching the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Sparks43 wrote: »
    looks like he relisted it once he got a few offers of 75 and doubled the price ..

Master of the Universe

Here's why you should scour ebay for rare games nobody but a few collectors know about.

Original auction. Super rare game. First copy to show up on ebay in 6 years. Someone nabs it super cheap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=130745735317&nma=true&rt=nc&si=5Muw8XYLe%252Fyih9pybdbeq3coeIk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Guy then relists item on ebay with an amended price for collectors. Offers made, so I'd imagine it sold off ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=271039234474&nma=true&rt=nc&si=5Muw8XYLe%252Fyih9pybdbeq3coeIk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

No matter how rare, I couldn't justify spending that money on a videogame, let alone a Game Gear game

• Advertisement

Jeebus, that's some profit he/she made!

I thought my F5 key was broken the forum has been that quiet today. :pac:

Yeah its nuts about power drive.

Serious percentage made on the purchase, imagine how shocked you'd be the find that for 9 euro

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sega-Megadrive-32x-CD-HUGE-18-game-lot-collection-Motherbase-Darxide-etc-/190714427077?pt=ES_Videojuegos&hash=item2c677736c5

Looks like this is going for a decent price considering whats in it but check the small print on Darxide :(

Master of the Universe

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sega-Megadrive-32x-CD-HUGE-18-game-lot-collection-Motherbase-Darxide-etc-/190714427077?pt=ES_Videojuegos&hash=item2c677736c5

Looks like this is going for a decent price considering whats in it but check the small print on Darxide :(

This auction angers me :mad:

o1s1n wrote: »

Why is that? You can't afford it? C'mon man it's CHEAP!

:P

Jaysus imagine trying to buy that in the R.A.G.E? You'd need to remortgage your house...

:-)

Jaysus imagine trying to buy that in the R.A.G.E? You'd need to remortgage your house an EU bailout

Fixed

EnterNow wrote: »
    Fixed

Nice! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

o1s1n wrote: »

Watched the bidding at the end, last minute bids going in, then BOOM ! 355 euro final bid in the last couple of seconds, some people have too much frigging money...

Master of the Universe

Why is that? You can't afford it? C'mon man it's CHEAP!

:P

Jaysus imagine trying to buy that in the R.A.G.E? You'd need to remortgage your house...

Haha! no it's the inclusion of a reproduction cart in the auction (of a game worth up to 2000 euro) but without mentioning it's a repro in the ebay listing. Very sly!

Ianobeano wrote: »
    Watched the bidding at the end, last minute bids going in, then BOOM ! 355 euro final bid in the last couple of seconds, some people have too much frigging money...

32X games are really going up in price, especially ones which only cost 10-20 a few years ago. It's a bit mad really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

ahyeahok wrote: »
    Back up but a bit pricier... (EDIT: was at 200euro, advert deleted)
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/arcade-game/2003690
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/arcade-game/1997434
    And back again for €100 but the adverts admin comments say differently

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement